What's new

Sufi singers under assault in Bangladesh

Are you blind or dumb enough that you have posted these stuff on lyrics. I do not know thats why i have saif "if" in my sentence. N the issue is clear here they were attacked cause of insulting lyrics not cause it is not in the quran. Some islamo phobic people n news article try to distort the real fact. n bhartis like you can shed crocodile tears when your country has a worst track record on treating minorities.

Not even once you condemned this incident, yet you are putting blame on these Bauls on the pretext that yes it must have been them who must have done something wrong. Makes you wonder why the Bauls suddenly feel the urge to insult Islam when they themselves are Muslims. Just like you have your bias for these mullahs I have my bias for the Bauls. Do you see me calling you names?

n regarding making out with woman...

I only brought it up cause you were the one bragging about it just the other day on some thread. How'd you feel if the mullahs got their hand on you for making out, and bash you up for doing so?

Lets try and keep it civil yeah? Otherwise don't bother replying please.

I do not think, this is the 1st time Bauls have been attacked in the Mazar of Lalon Shah. Thing is, they usually smoke all those unlawful Ganja, Charash and others. They drink alcohol. But, they do not stop there. They start dancing when they are drunk, and they shout in too loud a voice. General public near the Mazar Sharif dislike them, but, usually, police would not interfere, because it may cause hue and cry.

This may be the reason that they were insulted badlly by the youth. But, it can also be that these youths themselves wanted to share those Ganja, which the Bauls resisted. Anyway, as far as I know, the Bauls there are unruly and they do not go there for love to Lalon Shah. They go there to enjoy time by smoking, drinking and dancing. Can they be called Sufi?

Even Lalon himself was assaulted by this kind of fanatics in 19th century and this is not the first time. These same fanatics made the government to stop building statue of him near the airport. I am not aware of any anti social element involved in building some statue.

There are many Islamic scholars who say sufism is not a part of Islam, infact quite opposite to it.

Even Lalon himself was assaulted by this kind of fanatics in 19th century and this is not the first time. These same fanatics made the government to stop building statue of him near the airport. I am not aware of any anti social element involved in building some statue.

The initiative was stopped if I can recalled correctly is that the statue was planned just opposite to the haji camp. That is the reason why the statue was not built... But many statue was built since then in dhaka but nothing happened to any of it...

Even though the main opposition in islam to building statue is that many people used to worship man made statues as god and after the death of jesus christ christians started to worship him by making his hanging statue on cross. On the basis of that prophet mohammad asked not to build any statue. But I believe if their are not any possiblity of worshiping statue of any kind then it can be made.

There are many Islamic scholars who say sufism is not a part of Islam, infact quite opposite to it.

Lalon followers are not SUFI. They are just baul. SUFI is different thing even though sufism took some stuffs from baul culture like keeping away from public and all.

The initiative was stopped if I can recalled correctly is that the statue was planned just opposite to the haji camp. That is the reason why the statue was not built... But many statue was built since then in dhaka but nothing happened to any of it...

No its not opposite of Haji camp and not visible from Haji camp either. Its not only that they even went all the way to Dilkhusa and started demolition of Balakas in front of Biman office.

No its not opposite of Haji camp and not visible from Haji camp either. Its not only that they even went all the way to Dilkhusa and started demolition of Balakas in front of Biman office.

That was termed as sabotage to look islam bad in the international media.... the statues on dilkusha was there for decades and nothing happened to that.. So just trying or attempt to abolish during the protest of not building the statue of lalon fakir near airport and haji camp gave only that indication. N the initiative was taken during month of hujj if I can recall correctly thats why their voice gained momentum. N there are 100s of statues in dhaka but nothing happened to any of those.. 1 such examples are the statues in the dhaka university.

This is another newly built one...

7443.jpg

That was termed as sabotage to look islam bad in the international media.... the statues on dilkusha was there for decades and nothing happened to that.. So just trying or attempt to abolish during the protest of not building the statue of lalon fakir near airport and haji camp gave only that indication. N the initiative was taken during month of hujj if I can recall correctly thats why their voice gained momentum. N there are 100s of statues in dhaka but nothing happened to any of those.. 1 such examples are the statues in the dhaka university.

Thats the point. They know it very well that they will be treated good in Dhaka university if they ever dare to do that. Thats why they made some soft target.

Thats the point. They know it very well that they will be treated good in Dhaka university if they ever dare to do that. Thats why they made some soft target.

There are also a famous statue in the gazipur chow rasta... It does not a matter where they are ... as people care less about them...

There are also a famous statue in the gazipur chow rasta... It does not a matter where they are ... as people care less about them...

I understand your point, the people who are involved in against those statues are minute in numbers but we cant negate their existence.

I understand your point, the people who are involved in against those statues are minute in numbers but we cant negate their existence.

There are hardly evidence of demolishing statue in Bangladesh... They only gained momentum as that was the month of hujj... if government would have tried in some other month over there or in any other place it would not gain such momentum. I just wonder whether any other political parties were involved also to put pressure on the caretaker government....

Madrasa principal held for disgracing bauls

Saturday, April 16, 2011
Madrasa principal held for disgracing bauls

Mustaches of these Bauls were forcefully shaved and their hairs were cut short by a group of people in Rajbari. The group was unleashed against the Bauls by Felu Kari, inset, to make the spiritual musicians "conform to Islamic ways". Photo: STAR

Star Online ReportA madrasa principal was arrested in Pangsha upazila of Rajbari early Saturday five days after a case was filed against him for disgracing 28 devotees of Lalon.

Pangsha police at about 2:00am arrested Mufti Reazul Islam, principal of a qaumi madrasa located at Chowbaria in the upazila, Officer-in-Charge Munshi Mofazzal Hossain of the police station said.

Mohammad Fakir, 60, a Lalon devotee of Char Ramnagar village, filed the case with Pangsha Police Station on April 10 accusing 50 people including 13 named ones. Mufti Reazul Islam is one of the accused, reports our Faridpur correspondent.

On April 5, Sadhu Sanga, an organisation of bauls, arranged a two-day annual cultural programme at Char Ramnagar village where followers of baul mystic Lalon Shah came from different places including Kushtia, Rajbari and Pabna.

But a group of villagers foiled the programme, assaulted 28 bauls and cut their hair and moustaches following instruction from the imam of a local mosque.

I see some people condemning the maulna however no body pointing out the anti social activities that goes around these bloody fakir. All they do is smoke ganja and sing some bloody songs. Not to mention all the bay-haya women around them fakir engazing anti-social activity. If it was up to me than I would do more than the maulana has done. Boody Awami police should be shame for arresting the Maulana who tried to bring them to light from darkness :angry:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom