subramanian swamy as possible vice-head of jnu

jamahir

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
HRD pitches for Subramanian Swamy as JNU vice-chancellor
Sep 24, 2015 - Nitin Mahajan |

• BJP leader Subramanian Swamy (Photo: PTI)

If the Narendra Modi government has its way, the Leftist bastion of Jawaharlal Nehru University may soon get a right-leaning vice-chancellor. It is learnt that the human resources development ministry has offered the post to BJP leader Subramanian Swamy. It is understood that Dr Swamy has put some conditions before accepting the post. It is learnt HRD minister Smriti Irani has spokesn directly to Dr Swamy about the offer. But there is no official communication from the ministry so far on the issue.

The post of JNU vice-chancellor is considered important as it is the only Central university that has been a bastion of Leftist politics for several decades. It is understood the BJP-led government at the Centre may aim at demolishing this Left bastion with the appointment of a Rightist Hindu leader to the post. Speaking to this newspaper, Dr Swamy said he is yet to receive any formal proposal for becoming JNU V-C. “I have so far not received any letter or communication from the HRD ministry proposing my name for vice-chancellor of JNU. I have repeatedly been approached by teachers and students of JNU to take up the position. Given a chance, I would rid the campus of Leftists and Naxalites,” Dr Swamy said.

Later in the day Dr Swamy tweeted: “Media is on fire that I have been offered the JNU VC post. No formal offer nor will there be if the Govt cannot meet my preconditions.” On being asked by one of his Twitter followers if he will face trouble from the Leftists, he responded: “Then best close down JNU and on the same campus start a new Netaji Bose Univ”. Sources said though a search-cum-selection panel for the selection of a vice-chancellor for JNU is yet to be formed, Dr Swamy’s name has already come up for discussion. The current V-C, S.K. Sopory, is due to retire in January next year.

As per rules, a panel of names selected by the committee is sent to the President (who is the Visitor of all Central universities) by the HRD ministry before a new V-C is announced. The advertisements inviting applications from interested candidates for appointment as the new V-C were issued in August this year.
---------
source - HRD pitches for Subramanian Swamy as JNU vice-chancellor | The Asian Age

my comment - the national government is making every effort to impose gutter chaaps in every instituion.
---------

---------
the national government is making every effort to impose gutter chaaps in every instituion.
---------

HRD pitches for Subramanian Swamy as JNU vice-chancellor
Sep 24, 2015 - Nitin Mahajan |

• BJP leader Subramanian Swamy (Photo: PTI)

If the Narendra Modi government has its way, the Leftist bastion of Jawaharlal Nehru University may soon get a right-leaning vice-chancellor. It is learnt that the human resources development ministry has offered the post to BJP leader Subramanian Swamy. It is understood that Dr Swamy has put some conditions before accepting the post. It is learnt HRD minister Smriti Irani has spokesn directly to Dr Swamy about the offer. But there is no official communication from the ministry so far on the issue.

The post of JNU vice-chancellor is considered important as it is the only Central university that has been a bastion of Leftist politics for several decades. It is understood the BJP-led government at the Centre may aim at demolishing this Left bastion with the appointment of a Rightist Hindu leader to the post. Speaking to this newspaper, Dr Swamy said he is yet to receive any formal proposal for becoming JNU V-C. “I have so far not received any letter or communication from the HRD ministry proposing my name for vice-chancellor of JNU. I have repeatedly been approached by teachers and students of JNU to take up the position. Given a chance, I would rid the campus of Leftists and Naxalites,” Dr Swamy said.

Later in the day Dr Swamy tweeted: “Media is on fire that I have been offered the JNU VC post. No formal offer nor will there be if the Govt cannot meet my preconditions.” On being asked by one of his Twitter followers if he will face trouble from the Leftists, he responded: “Then best close down JNU and on the same campus start a new Netaji Bose Univ”. Sources said though a search-cum-selection panel for the selection of a vice-chancellor for JNU is yet to be formed, Dr Swamy’s name has already come up for discussion. The current V-C, S.K. Sopory, is due to retire in January next year.

As per rules, a panel of names selected by the committee is sent to the President (who is the Visitor of all Central universities) by the HRD ministry before a new V-C is announced. The advertisements inviting applications from interested candidates for appointment as the new V-C were issued in August this year.
---------
source - HRD pitches for Subramanian Swamy as JNU vice-chancellor | The Asian Age
---------

Very wrong choice of words in bold there, if you know what I mean. Anyway thread is already running kindly make you valuable contribution there.

Now JNU students protest along with FTII students, & Subramaniam Swamy would play ludo with Gajendra Chouhan.

Though I differ with Subramanium Swamy in almost all of his views, but that guy surely got some academic credentials speaking for him.

Though I differ with Subramanium Swamy in almost all of his views, but that guy surely got some academic credentials speaking for him.
I am sure, stupidity was the only criteria laid down for selecting the vice chancellor of JNU.

Very wrong choice of words in bold there, if you know what I mean. Anyway thread is already running kindly make you valuable contribution there.

Totally agree.

That need not have been put in bold.

Like what?

Have you any idea of what is involved?

Does his knowledge of economics and ability to run a course on it have any bearing on his ability to manage a university?

my comment - the national government is making every effort to impose gutter chaaps in every instituion.

my comment - the national government is making every effort to FCUK gutter chaaps in every instituion

age limit for VC post is 65 as per HRD ministry notification ,Swami is 75 ...So i doubt this news
New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

Last edited:
are charo .....egulo sob fake leftist .....sob injer interest ta dekhe......koto jon oner jonno vabhe

ar -ve rating ta shorro................kono aggressive kotha bol hoyni
hehe fake leftist... age bengal e chilo akhn pdf e :P

Agreed. While I disagree with him on many things too, he is a really smart chap. He got his PhD from Harvard at 26. He got into Harvard in the first place because he proved that PC Mahalanobis's (Nehru's favourite economist and the author of India's second five year plan) growth model was mathematically identical to the Harod-Domar model and that Mahalanobis had plagiarised H-D's work. He was still a Master's student at ISI Kolkata when he worked in this.

Back
Top Bottom