What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
*eyree radar might be the answer to counter su30 radar if they invade pakistan giving better awareness
*in the bvr category we are catchingup in terms of darters and sd10
*thrust speed... advantage of su30 might be a thing that could be reduced considerably in jf17 block2
*jf17 has less rcs.
*dont know about agility... i was of the impression that smaller jets are more agile than heavier ones?

Dude with SD-10 AND AIm120 I would say in weapons, then PAF is ahead.

Ultimately this list has been debated to death before.

i thought only sd10 and darters could be launched from jf17 as yet.

The jf-17 is basicly an interceptor if the paf does get 250 of them indians have 80 su30s and the jf-17 will have the numbers advantage and they will almost always be in the home field so if they can stop attacks from indian fighters especially su30 which they probably can then i guess the answer is jf-17 wins.

... and I believe India has currently 108 Su30 MKI and by 2014-2015 by which JF-17 number will increase to 250, India would have 230 SU-30 MKI and what happens in that Scenario!

The jf-17 is basicly an interceptor if the paf does get 250 of them indians have 80 su30s and the jf-17 will have the numbers advantage and they will almost always be in the home field so if they can stop attacks from indian fighters especially su30 which they probably can then i guess the answer is jf-17 wins.

Talk about the here and the now and not fancy upgrades and future scenarios.

80 odd MKI with India and 8 JF-17 with Pakistan (under Integration that is)

One on one or 3 on 3 scenario pitting equal number of Jf-17 V/s the MKI . You tell me , who survives.:D

Apart from this , their so called operational aircraft from 2 years still no inducted in to the PAF.....:cool:

only prototypes and limited series production is there......

Talk about the here and the now and not fancy upgrades and future scenarios.

80 odd MKI with India and 8 JF-17 with Pakistan (under Integration that is)

One on one or 3 on 3 scenario pitting equal number of Jf-17 V/s the MKI . You tell me , who survives.:D

Just looking at the specifications, who would think there is even a slight chance for JF-17 against Su30-MKI?!?! Well, not me:crazy:

Just looking at the specifications, who would think there is even a slight chance for JF-17 against Su30-MKI?!?! Well, not me:crazy:

Yes you are right there is not even a chance for JF-17 against MKI.

I hope other people in this forum understand this.
:cheers:

The worst general is a paper spec general.
In 65 war, other then 18 F-86 + 12 F-104 1st generation heat seekers equipped PAF was no where close to IAF numerical and technical advantage on "PAPER". F-86 is no match to Mig-21, Hunter, Gnats (in air to air role) and Su-7 in (air to ground role). how ever... PAF turned out to be the victorious but its another matter that some delusional pathological IAF fanboys imagine other wise. and same can be said about 71 war.

Sure F-86 had a chance aganist Mig-21
Mig-19 had a chace aganist F-4s....
but let me tell you.. your air force is smarter then you, they are not deluded like you.

the JF-17 does not assume the role as air-superiority aircraft.

Of course we can boost the capabilities --because it was designed with the intention of having different slots for different systems western or chinese origin.

I'm sure over the years structural changes also take place --as they did from protoype to final version. ---in order to fix larger radar etc.

with that said --- its interesting to compare both fighters, but obviously we are comparing work-horse multi-roler vs. an air superiority aircraft which is MUCH larger and can carry helluva lot more arsenals

you can bet that BVR for the Thunders is priority 1.

Please somebody post picture of the helmet-sight fire control.

In 65 war, other then 18 F-86 + 12 F-104 1st generation heat seekers equipped PAF was no where close to IAF numerical and technical advantage on "PAPER". F-86 is no match to Mig-21, Hunter, Gnats (in air to air role) and Su-7 in (air to ground role). how ever... PAF turned out to be the victorious but its another matter that some delusional pathological IAF fanboys imagine other wise. and same can be said about 71 war.

dude you still believe that paf outclassed iaf in 71 .:what:!

do some research regarding 65 war . iaf didnt have mig-21 at that time , it only had vampires , hunters and some other jets . and yes its true that iaf lost more planes than paf but we downed more of your planes in air . !

Atleast the delusional pathological IAF fanboys know that India did not use Mig 21s in 1965 in a fully operational role.

Last edited:

I usually use this phrase to counter such statements:

" If wars could be decided so easily as to look at paper specifications, there would be nor wars at all. All defense studies would have been abolished and the two generals in question would look at their paper specifications and decide who the winner is, without firing a single shot."

In reality it is not the same. Quite a few people seem to think that a war will be two fighters facing each other head-on and the one with better specifications will win. This used to happen a thousand years ago or so, where enemies would come out and stand face-to-face with each other. Each side would be required to send 3 or 5 of its best warriors who would fight each other in duals.

Today's war is a far more complex scenario where even though equipment plays a significant role, tactics and strategy usually decide the winner. A plane's worth is decided by not only if it would be able to stand in a 1-to-1 dual but how good it fits into the overall strategy.

Regarding JF-17 and Su-30MKI, what exactly do you know about the performance of its Radar, its missiles or its EW? Unlike most western systems, there is little known information about chinese systems available to the general public. JF-17 serial production has just started, its too early to speculate on whether either will stand a chance against the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom