What's new

SU 30 crashed near Jaisalmer

:yahoo::yahoo:

It seems to be serious issue and you can't ignore human error i think the wise decision will be to ground SU-30MKI fleet and exclude them from Iron fist.

By looking at emoticons posted here, congrats you won the looney toon award from the thread.... I am sure he feel good about this incident....

My freind who works in the UK defence industry said this to me the other day:

"The Russians can design excellent machines/products, they just don' build them very well!"

If it is indeed pilot error, then it just confirms my freind's statement.

It seems the Indian MoD has started to understand this lately going by where the large deals have gone- AARs,MMRCA, heavy attack helo,heavy lift helo, MPA, very heavy lift airlifter etc etc

You just need to understand one thing, that pilot might be experienced and well trained Pilot... Still he is human first.... ok.... Keep the Migs out of this issue, lol i don't want to talk about 21s...... Might he feel stress(in case if it is Human error), or he might feel some excitation. first we need to look at the Report... Just consider me, I have 12 years experience in driving both byke and car....still some times i did accident recently, and an major accident (car completely crashed) 3 years ago.... Don't blame them.....

I am not BLAMING the pilots mate, they are doing a GREAT job, I have the DEEPEST respect for them. Nor am I blaming the fighters (if you talk about sukhois), Just 4 crash in 15 years with 1000s of hours in-flight, is a F****** great job by the ground staff.

I am BLAMING the slow Decision process of MOD, the great SAINT who thinks his IMAGE is more IMPORTANT than the security of this NATION, he thinks that better to cancel any deal than to take the blame, take the 197 LUH deal or the 12 AW VVIP choppers deal, still Rafale deal isn't in sight, our squadrons no. are as it is low, add to that we are losing 1 squad every 4-5 years from crashes, mig-21s & mig-27s will retire by 2017 & apart from 80 or so sukhois + 40 each (at best) Rafales & LCA will replace them, i.e. to replace 250+ ac we are getting 160-170 ac, where will we fill the gap from??? Add to that these Crashes.

AND THE GREAT FINANCE MINISTRY IS WORKING ON BUDGET CUTS :disagree:

My freind who works in the UK defence industry said this to me the other day:

"The Russians can design excellent machines/products, they just don' build them very well!"

If it is indeed pilot error, then it just confirms my freind's statement.

It seems the Indian MoD has started to understand this lately going by where the large deals have gone- AARs,MMRCA, heavy attack helo,heavy lift helo, MPA, very heavy lift airlifter etc etc

Somebody posted that this plane was from HAL's production line, so HAL must be at fault here ??

Also if that Shiv Aroor is to be believed then its not pilot error!!! Better not give building of rafale to HAL :argh:

I am not BLAMING the pilots mate, they are doing a GREAT job, I have the DEEPEST respect for them. Nor am I blaming the fighters (if you talk about sukhois), Just 4 crash in 15 years with 1000s of hours in-flight, is a F****** great job by the ground staff.

I am BLAMING the slow Decision process of MOD, the great SAINT who thinks his IMAGE is more IMPORTANT than the security of this NATION, he thinks that better to cancel any deal than to take the blame, take the 197 LUH deal or the 12 AW VVIP choppers deal, still Rafale deal isn't in sight, our squadrons no. are as it is low, add to that we are losing 1 squad every 4-5 years from crashes, mig-21s & mig-27s will retire by 2017 & apart from 80 or so sukhois + 40 each (at best) Rafales & LCA will replace them, i.e. to replace 250+ ac we are getting 160-170 ac, where will we fill the gap from??? Add to that these Crashes.

AND THE GREAT FINANCE MINISTRY IS WORKING ON BUDGET CUTS :disagree:

That is Main problem with INDIAN politicians morons. goons..... I am with you in this case....

Somebody posted that this plane was from HAL's production line, so HAL must be at fault here ??

Also if that Shiv Aroor is to be believed then its not pilot error!!! Better not give building of rafale to HAL :argh:

Well if there is a fundamental flaw in the design (as there was in the FBW system that led to at least 2 MKI crashes in the past) then you can't hold HAL accountable.

The Russian engines are known to be more temperamental, more maintenance intensive and more unreliable than their Western counterparts.

If it is to do with the engine I hope the SUPER-MKI UPG brings in engine re-designs/modifications.

+let's just wait and see what the CoI says before blaming HAL or anyone else.

Is China Buying Russia’s Su-35 Fighter? | Defense News | defensenews.com

http://trishul-trident.blogspot.in/2011/05/super-su-30mki-from-air-dominance-to.html

The AL-31FP, presently rated at 126kN with afterburning, will offer 20% more power when uprated by NPO Saturn—its manufacturer--and will have a total technical service life of 6,000 hours, instead of the present 2,000 hours. The uprated engine will also employ a larger diameter fan, redesigned key hot-end components and cooling system technologies to permit reduced thrust lapse rates with altitude, which in turn will permit supercruise flight regimes. Also to be incorporated into the uprated engine will be new-generation full-authority digital engine controls (FADEC) as well as all-axis thrust-vectoring nozzles (±15 degrees in the vertical plane and ±8 degrees in the horizontal plane, with deflection angle rates of up to 60 degrees per second). The digital flight-control computer too will be replaced to achieve harmonisation of the digital flight control laws associated with supercruise and all-aspect supermanoeuvrability.

Is China Buying Russia’s Su-35 Fighter? | Defense News | defensenews.com

TRISHUL: Super Su-30MKI: From Air Dominance To Air Supremacy

The AL-31FP, presently rated at 126kN with afterburning, will offer 20% more power when uprated by NPO Saturn—its manufacturer--and will have a total technical service life of 6,000 hours, instead of the present 2,000 hours. The uprated engine will also employ a larger diameter fan, redesigned key hot-end components and cooling system technologies to permit reduced thrust lapse rates with altitude, which in turn will permit supercruise flight regimes. Also to be incorporated into the uprated engine will be new-generation full-authority digital engine controls (FADEC) as well as all-axis thrust-vectoring nozzles (±15 degrees in the vertical plane and ±8 degrees in the horizontal plane, with deflection angle rates of up to 60 degrees per second). The digital flight-control computer too will be replaced to achieve harmonisation of the digital flight control laws associated with supercruise and all-aspect supermanoeuvrability.
It's already confirmed. China is buying 24 Su-35 with extra 117S engines.

How convenient! I'm sorry- i won't belive it until I see it reported more widely- such a deal would have been pretty big news.

Jury is still out.
:rofl: Keep deluding yourself then. Russia kept offering Su-35 but China refused to buy unless we only buy 24 because we have no intention of deploying them in active service but just to study 117S engine.

Only weak nations like India go hurray over foreign-imports :lol:

Our alliance with Russia against USA is strong and India's dream of using Russia to counter China is fantasy ;)

Back
Top Bottom