What's new

SU 30 crashed near Jaisalmer

Again? this is,what, the 3rd crash in 15 years?

4-5 MKIs aren't crashing a year.

Thats true since 1997 when first Su 30 started arriving this is third crash only and for a fighter this advanced, it is a remarkable feat.
Also, the current lot of 42 fighters had accounted for two previous loss and hence effective loss is only 1 MKI as the things stand now.
Please remember that eventhe finest of machines malfunction and unless report on inquiry arrives, let us not blame anyone.
We must thank God that pilots are safe, for additional few miilion dollars there will be a new MKI in sky very soon, but the same is not true for pilots no matter how much wealth a country has.

Again if 4-5 MKIs were crashing in an year, that would make MKI worse than vintage Mig 21s. Its a hyperbole nothing else.

IAF need to take it seriously , i think it is lack of maintenance check . In 42 years of Bangladesh Air force history only 1 Aero L-39 crashed and another Aero L-39 needed emergency landing in India. Those are really old category aircraft compare to India (In fact entire Bangladesh Air Force Aircraft).

So an aircraft which lodged 2000+ flight hours does so without flying ......:no:

why r u arguing with a senior member on PDF....if he says LCA has lodged 2000+ hr without flying ...he is right..Respect seniors :angry:

What's the BIG deal? Crashes do occur. Every single type of plane on planet Earth has had its share of crashes - even the super high tech $2 billion per unit B-2 bomber. Out of 17, two have crashed and that means $4 billion up in smoke - equivalent of Rs 25,000 crores INR and Rs 50,000 crores Pak Rs!! That's worth how many JF-17s or MKIs? You can't even count how many!!

So WTF are we bellyaching about? Now let's have a peek at the statistics of other aircraft around the world....

Years to crash ratio(YTR)

*JFT=1 crash in 5 years (YTR=0.2)
*Gripen=8 crashes in 15 years(YTR=0.5333)
*Rafale=4 crashes in 11 years(YTR=0.363)
*EFT=3 crashes in 9 years(YTR=0.333)
*SU30=3 crashes in 10years(YTR=0.3)
*j-10=3 crashes in 7 years(YTR=0.4285)

So ralax! There's nothing extraordinary that's happened. Crashes do occur and will occur. Nothing is 100% perfect in this world. Not even me!! :cheesy:

Zzzzzz... looking at how gleeful pakistanis are, i expect a similar troll fest when one of their own crashes

Ok cool down guys, dont be stupid:

The IAF is flying the Su 30s for 15 years now and we lost five! Thats nothing special, accidents happe with every type of aircraft. Even the almighty F 22 crashed.

Ok cool down guys, dont be stupid:

The IAF is flying the Su 30s for 15 years now and we lost five! Thats nothing special, accidents happe with every type of aircraft. Even the almighty F 22 crashed.

5 is what the Indians say. The real figure is probably much higher.

5 is what the Indians say. The real figure is probably much higher.

In your fantasy maybe. I you dont have any sources, better be silent, you are making a fool out of yourself with your conspiracy theories.

SU-30MKI is India's soft spot it really hurts when it crashes :yahoo: :chilli:

Back
Top Bottom