What's new

Starting my Ph.D InshaAllah. Need advice from Senior Members especially

GOD OF WAR

Reaction score
AoA,
Have been away since quite some time now, have been busy… I just started my PhD from Karachi University in International Relations. Needless to say, (since I’m a member of this beautiful forum) I am more inclined towards War, Conflict and or Defense and Strategic Studies. My prime goal was to start a PhD in War Studies or Defence and Strategic Studies, but factors governing my life are not allowing me to do the so. So I had to do the next best thing.

I would like and very much appreciate the valued help of senior members help me decide the topic of research for my thesis. I have a few broad topics in mind but would like you suggestions/advice on the same or any new thesis topic that holds relevance to my inclinations of study and today’s geo-political land scape. The topics that I already have in mind are:

1. THE PIVITOL ROLE OF PAKISTAN AND SPECIFICALLY BALUCHISTAN IN THE END GAME OF AFGHANISTAN: Thesis will attempt to discuss Baluchistan’s place, its problems and how they are linked with the End Game in Pakistan. I also intend to discuss the the Importance of the Indian Ocean and Other trade routes that are effected by the significance of Baluchistan. Among other things.

2. THE IMPENDING WAR BETWEEN PAKISTAN AND INDIA AND ITS GLOBAL/REGIONAL AFTERMATH: Others may differ, but I opion that its just a matter of time that the two countries will lock horns overtly for a final time. Thesis will include topics like the reasons for the previous wars, issues at hand, India’s clandestine war on Pakistan, Pakistan’s insecurities as a smaller state. Military capabilities of both countries, The strategic significance of Pakistan that benefits Indian hegemonic agendas. And what would happen in case of a war in terms of shifts in global political alliances.

3. THE IMPACT OF GEO-POLITICAL SCENARIOS ON DOMESTIC POLITICS OF PAKISATAN: Global Politics affect domestic politics, moreso domestic politics are influenced by Global powers. Thesis will address how Pakistan’s own agenda and interests clashes with that of global ones and why and how to counter them. This will majorly be in terms of Geo-Strategic realm.

4. THE CLOSING GAP OF ARMED FORCES AND LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES:
The blurring dichotomy between problems of foreign nature and how they transmogrify into domestic problems. And the close cooperation needed by the Armed Forces, Intel Agencies and the Law Enforcement Agencies to work in synergy and effectively.

Awaiting your valued feed back and help.

Kind regards,

god of war...........

No sugesstions???!?!?!??? :frown: Please, I humbley request the attension of senior members.

Aeronaut, since u like the idea of my PhD, give some suggestions as well.

Go for 3, plenty of material and history. Discuss the Soviet/American presence in Afghanistan, the Cold War, the KSA and Iran factor. It's got a lot of potential, I wish you the best in your pursuit.......

I suggest the following topic:

US efforts aimed at full spectrum domination in Asia. Its effects on major Asian regions covering SE Asia, South Asia, Central and West Asia, and how would it impact Pakistan.

In this topic in addition to geopolitical impact, you may be able to cover the military aspects and emerging politico-military alliances.

The topic will be closer to your plan of doing PhD in War Studies or Defence and Strategic Studies.

Really glad to know and your topics are upto the mark, I liked the 1st and 3rd the most...

Can you pick a topic like institute of think tank as a desired component of the government to deal in modern world?

THE IMPENDING WAR BETWEEN PAKISTAN AND INDIA AND ITS GLOBAL/REGIONAL AFTERMATH:

As a International relations student myself in the past I would advise you not to pick this one as it sounds quite idiotic!

I'm sorry to call it out this way, but 1 and 3 won't offer much by the way of novelty, and they're something everyone has opinions about. 2 sounds fanboyish, but 4 truly seems a novel topic, and has only been pointed at by the recent midwest/mideast stop-the-revolution campagnes. I like Ticker's idea too but it's something thqt Chinese thinktanks would've been extensively writing on since I don't know when.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom