What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

All photo shopped to look whiter, and Pakistanis say Indians are obsessed with "whiter" skin. :lol:

Beta these are Pakistan national assembly list, you can google them. These are not hindus from jammu so we have to photoshop them. lol at being shopped. Look at retard @jandk comparing himself with Pakistanis, jammu hindus maybe little different then other Indians from Bihar but at the end of the day all of them have typical hindu look and weak body. Not comparable to punjabis at all. But yes comparable to punjabi churas no doubt, even punjabi churas are taller, and stronger then these hindus.

Its not even about skin tone, they just stand out even if they are dark skinned like hindus.

Last edited:
some problem i am having is that ... some books are not really sold by amazon..but local book stores...and they wont ship to mexico :cry:
let me see on this one

This thread has lost it, just to summarize - the military of Pakistan - has a very strong role in our identity because of the threat india is, imagine if Mexico had a nation with 1.3 billion people - who wanted to destroy you, plus the people of Pakistan - are mostly descended from warrior tribes and clans, who have a proud and warlike nature. My own Jatt clan sends many young men and women - to serve in the Armed Forces.

In fact you can call it a tradition, many families in Pakistan have at least 1 son or daughter serving.

This thread has lost it, just to summarize - the military of Pakistan - has a very strong role in our identity because of the threat india is, imagine if Mexico had a nation with 1.3 billion people - who wanted to destroy you, plus the people of Pakistan - are mostly descended from warrior tribes and clans, who have a proud and warlike nature. My own Jatt clan sends many young men and women - to serve in the Armed Forces.

In fact you can call it a tradition, many families in Pakistan have at least 1 son or daughter serving.

oohh... yes,
indeed a tough neighborhood gives Pakistan the "right" (or a reason) for a strong army ... (but that's kind of my next chapter... )

right now i am writing my chapter about the provinces...
I was under the impression that also a strong army is required for internal issues ... such as pashtoon nationalism, baloch separatism, islamist militancy...

but thread has gone spoiled :( talking about "physical structure anthropology"
in mexico there are so many type of color skin, face structures, etc..and it never crossed my mind that we all belonged to different ethnic group (which now to think about it... we sure do)... we all just go for saying we're mexican, and that's pretty much it.

oohh... yes,
indeed a tough neighborhood gives Pakistan the "right" (or a reason) for a strong army ... (but that's kind of my next chapter... )

I was under the impression that also a strong army is required for internal issues ... such as pashtoon nationalism, baloch separatism, islamist militancy...

in mexico there are so many type of color skin, face structures, etc..and it never crossed my mind that we all belonged to different ethnic group (which now to think about it... we sure do)... we all just go for saying we're mexican, and that's pretty much it.

Indians are the reason your thread was derailed, sorry. They are obsessed with us for some reason, as I am sure you now know. :(:lol:

oohh... yes,

Ethnicity is not simply "physical structure" or "skin tone" it has a lot do with ethno-linguistic and cultural traditions.
In my opinion the inter-ethnic separatism is more weak now than say a few decades ago, because a significant number of Sindhis, Balochis are now serving in the forces.

Islamic militancy is a very very serious threat, but it has many more dimensions than just the strictly military part.

Hindu isn't a ethnic group randi ki bacha. Your randi mother enjoyed my strong Hindu body when I pounded her in the rear. Pakistani muslim are good farmers but are very shit warrior, that's why your grandmother got the central asian ballsack in the face. Very submissive mind, much like slave. They should make 12years a slave movie about pakistani farmer people lol

Hah salah, no obsession. We only ask pakistani farmer to grow us food like good slave

The reason pakistani farmer join army is because of inferiority complex. They never ruled there own land and have been farmer for centuries so need an outlet.

Your post has been reported.

Hindu is phisically weak and shorter then even chura of Punjab. He can only act though on internet, but in real life Pakistanis beat the shit of hindus anywhere in the world. They never dare to say anything to Pakistanis, because they know whats coming towards them if they do.

Ethnicity is not simply "physical structure" or "skin tone" it has a lot do with ethno-linguistic and cultural traditions.
In my opinion the inter-ethnic separatism is more weak now than say a few decades ago, because a significant number of Sindhis, Balochis are now serving in the forces.

Islamic militancy is a very very serious threat, but it has many more dimensions than just the strictly military part.

you're right...
Here, we are not taught about other ethnicities and languages even though in Mexico there are 67 recognized languages, and many "indigenous peoples" we never call them other ethnicities ......State education just keep reminding us , we're all mexican, even every monday morning we have to sing national anthem ...
... feels so weird that i am learning so much about my mexico's stated education here!...

so I accept I'm clueless on this... and that's why i am having so much trouble to understand Pakistan.... and i start to realize it's not only here, but pretty much West

you're right...
Here, we are not taught about other ethnicities and languages even though in Mexico there are 67 recognized languages, and many "indigenous peoples" we never call them other ethnicities ......State education just keep reminding us , we're all mexican, even every monday morning we have to sing national anthem ...
... feels so weird that i am learning so much about my mexico's stated education here!...

so I accept I'm clueless on this... and that's why i am having so much trouble to understand Pakistan.... and i start to realize it's not only here, but pretty much West

I remember the incident between your master pugilists marco antonio barrera and erik morales , barrera insulted morales by calling him an indian (native american) even though Barrera has a classic native american face (bit of an oyxmoron), so my dear i am sure some of this predujudice exists in your country too, just like in pak were the dark colour is associated with low caste who are considered inferior, people of spanish heritage in mexico are like the ruling class and the indegenous are considered second class i presume.

I remember the incident between your master pugilists marco antonio barrera and erik morales , barrera insulted morales by calling him an indian (native american) even though Barrera has a classic native american face (bit of an oyxmoron), so my dear i am sure some of this predujudice exists in your country too, just like in pak were the dark colour is associated with low caste who are considered inferior, people of spanish heritage in mexico are like the ruling class and the indegenous are considered second class i presume.

ah... yes and no... calling "indio" (which means indian because the Spanish who arrived here thought they had reached India) it's a wrong term (what they actually want to say is 'indigenous') but also meant to "insult" ...to tell you that you're still part of the "indigenous people" ...which are more than 10 ethnicities.. it doesnt specify any.... it's supposed to mean that they live in the rural areas and have no education...
also it's used to tell people "stupid" maybe...for instance if i dont know how to use a brand new phone or laptop... i'll be called "india" ... some people even say "sorry for being an 'india', could you tell me how to ...."
i am completely against the use of this word (or indigenous) for those purposes of course ...

Out of 120 million ppl in Mexico, around 100-105m. have spanish heritage... the rest would be the indigenous people..who live in rural areas (except the ones who migrated to cities, but they live off selling handicrafts made in their village) i dont have numbers, but there's sooo few who have integrated and studied in universities and work in institutions... and they would work for the "indigenous people's rights" type of institutions... But also, they (most of them) dont want to integrate because it would change their traditions.

what i meant before was that... even though there are indigenous people who belong to different ethnicities...we (spanish heritage people) don't really know or study the specific ethnicities and their languages and customs... if you ask me (or any other mexican) how many ethnicities are in mexico...we would name 5-6 tops... out of 62 :-/

ah... yes and no... calling "indio" (which means indian because the Spanish who arrived here thought they had reached India) it's a wrong term (what they actually want to say is 'indigenous') but also meant to "insult" ...to tell you that you're still part of the "indigenous people" ...which are more than 10 ethnicities.. it doesnt specify any.... it's supposed to mean that they live in the rural areas and have no education...
also it's used to tell people "stupid" maybe...for instance if i dont know how to use a brand new phone or laptop... i'll be called "india" ... some people even say "sorry for being an 'india', could you tell me how to ...."
i am completely against the use of this word (or indigenous) for those purposes of course ...

Out of 120 million ppl in Mexico, around 100-105m. have spanish heritage... the rest would be the indigenous people..who live in rural areas (except the ones who migrated to cities, but they live off selling handicrafts made in their village) i dont have numbers, but there's sooo few who have integrated and studied in universities and work in institutions... and they would work for the "indigenous people's rights" type of institutions... But also, they (most of them) dont want to integrate because it would change their traditions.

what i meant before was that... even though there are indigenous people who belong to different ethnicities...we (spanish heritage people) don't really know or study the specific ethnicities and their languages and customs... if you ask me (or any other mexican) how many ethnicities are in mexico...we would name 5-6 tops... out of 62 :-/

Thnx for clarifying the term indio, i always assumed it was a racial statement.
btw what do you mean by spanish heritage , is it someone who speaks spanish (if so hypothetically speaking, if i was born and raised in mexico and spoke spanish would that make me spanish from the perspective of mexican society)
or is it a racial thing in the sense that the turks feel an affinty with the people of ugar china because they have an ancient link with that land despite the fact turks of turkey look very different than ugaric turks, same situation in mexico for the most part spanish people look quite different than the vast majority of mexicans (You dear look exactly like a Tajik girl i know) , is this a fair analogy?
Btw I am sorry to see your thread go off on a different tangent. If you can try to get in touch with prominent bloggers like Blain and Xeric, they are amongst the most knowledgable folks (both serving officers of pak army) on this forum and im sure they would be eager to point you in the right direction

Thnx for clarifying the term indio, i always assumed it was a racial statement.
btw what do you mean by spanish heritage , is it someone who speaks spanish (if so hypothetically speaking, if i was born and raised in mexico and spoke spanish would that make me spanish from the perspective of mexican society)
or is it a racial thing in the sense that the turks feel an affinty with the people of ugar china because they have an ancient link with that land despite the fact turks of turkey look very different than ugaric turks, same situation in mexico for the most part spanish people look quite different than the vast majority of mexicans (You dear look exactly like a Tajik girl i know) , is this a fair analogy?
Btw I am sorry to see your thread go off on a different tangent. If you can try to get in touch with prominent bloggers like Blain and Xeric, they are amongst the most knowledgable folks (both serving officers of pak army) on this forum and im sure they would be eager to point you in the right direction

you're welcome!
i just took your term "spanish heritage people" haha... i was going to add that it felt weird to call myself or mexicans like that...

the thing is when spanish came, there were many civilizations in what now is Mexico...and there was a massacre of people and their cultures ...also massive rapes...so..it was all mixed...
when they ruled...there was a caste system... kind of depending of the % of european... there were many many castes...
but at school we're only taught the main 3 :
1. Spanish born in Spain...
2. Criollo a spanish but born in Mexico (back then, New Spain)
3. Mestizo a son of spanish and mexican (local, any aztec, maya, etc)
--> there were more of classifying the back slaves and their own mixtures with locals

So, I should have referred mexicans as Mestizos, .. instead of "spanish heritage ppl" because we dont actually feel any connection to Spain (other than the language, even though our greatgrandgrangrangrand..parents or one of them was spanish) but since the term Mestizos is almost used for studying the mexicans during the spanish rule....

Some would give a speech of how proud he is for being a mestizo which means he has roots of the old civilizations (and he wouldn't even know to which exactly)...NOT the spanish
Unlike the indigenous people who didnt mix with the spanish.... so they kept their language and customs, dresses... they only adopted (or imposed?) the religion

But for most of us, we are just mexicans... regardless the civilization or ethnicity who used to rule in your place of birth before the spanish conquest...

so basically we're dark, fair, light, etc and we dont have a clear idea why ...except few cases like southeast where people are short and dark...we all know it's mayan heritage...

You're considered to be mexican for speaking spanish (mexican dialect) ,being born here ...or having a mexican parent :D

Last edited:
you're welcome!
i just took your term "spanish heritage people" haha... i was going to add that it felt weird to call myself or mexicans like that...

the thing is when spanish came, there were many civilizations in what now is Mexico...and there was a massacre of people and their cultures ...also massive rapes...so..it was all mixed...
when they ruled...there was a caste system... kind of depending of the % of european... there were many many castes...
but at school we're only taught the main 3 :
1. Spanish born in Spain...
2. Criollo a spanish but born in Mexico (back then, New Spain)
3. Mestizo a son of spanish and mexican (local, any aztec, maya, etc)
--> there were more of classifying the back slaves and their own mixtures with locals

So, I should have referred mexicans as Mestizos, .. instead of "spanish heritage ppl" because we dont actually feel any connection to Spain (other than the language, even though our greatgrandgrangrangrand..parents or one of them was spanish) but since the term Mestizos is almost used for studying the mexicans during the spanish rule....

Some would give a speech of how proud he is for being a mestizo which means he has roots of the old civilizations (and he wouldn't even know to which exactly)...NOT the spanish
Unlike the indigenous people who didnt mix with the spanish.... so they kept their language and customs, dresses... they only adopted (or imposed?) the religion

But for most of us, we are just mexicans... regardless the civilization or ethnicity who used to rule in your place of birth before the spanish conquest...

so basically we're dark, fair, light, etc and we dont have a clear idea why ...except few cases like southeast where people are short and dark...we all know it's mayan heritage...

You're considered to be mexican for speaking spanish (mexican dialect) ,being born here ...or having a mexican parent :D

Very interesting, your history resembles ours in many ways ie the imposition of apartheid by outsiders in our case a tribe known as the aryans (Not Nordic) .Well basically the prominent tribes of punjab (ones who own land , well represented in the army) are the MEZITO of punjab, and the low caste tribes, whose paternal heritage is from this land, they in many ways are under represented in all important aspects of life ie politics, the military (in pak military on your enrollment form you are asked to state your caste, if one is a Kammi(low caste) then more than likely his origins will preclude him from having a succesful career). Even though i am not familiar with the dynamics of mexican society i presume the pure aztecs and maya are under represented in government institiuitons and have little of the national wealth.
You also made a point about how some mexican would give a speech about how proud they are of their mezito origin, but they would probably not have a clue to which civilization they have connections too, nothing could be more true of the indian subcontinent where almost every prominent tribe claims aryan or arab descent, when most of them are actually descended from obscure uncultured central asian tribes like the scythians and many other invaders from beyond the hindu kush.
One final point i read some where, a lot of romani gypsies from spain and portugal emigrated to south america especially to brazil, out of curiosity do you know if there was any significant migration to mexico.

Back
Top Bottom