What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

Are you a Potohari? I don't know much about Potoharis so I was curious.
Yes i am from the potohar, and to be frank with you ,all the pictures you and shan have put up ,each and everyone of those folks (including yourself) could be walking in the potohar or central punjab or anywhere in north india and no one would even bat an eyelid because they would perfectly blend in with the locals, its not like they are pashtuns or chitralis, kohistanis with the mediteraenean skin complexion with the mostly hook nosed hawkish faces and much larger heads, just go to the highlands of chitral or the adjacent pashtun areas then you will know what i am talking about! ooops i forgot your a bharti , you wont be permitted.

Pakistan indeed belongs to it's Army, instead of other way around. Anyone who thinks otherwise has serious mental issues.

Yes i am from the potohar, and to be frank with you ,all the pictures you and shan have put up ,each and everyone of those folks (including yourself) could be walking in the potohar or central punjab or anywhere in north india and no one would even bat an eyelid because they would perfectly blend in with the locals, its not like they are pashtuns or chitralis, kohistanis with the mediteraenean skin complexion with the mostly hook nosed hawkish faces and much larger heads, just go to the highlands of chitral or the adjacent pashtun areas then you will know what i am talking about! ooops i forgot your a bharti , you wont be permitted.

What a strange rant. It was not I who insulted Potoharis but your fellow Pakistani @shan so your rant makes no sense. Btw almost everything you said is wrong.

Pakistan indeed belongs to it's Army, instead of other way around. Anyone who thinks otherwise has serious mental issues.

Nawaz sahib is probably wondering when the jarnails will let him be.

But then a fortress needs its general and loyal troops.

Saray kay saray "bijjj-nishhh" man hain'........ Nawaza bhee, aur fauji bhee...... the actual fight is about who'll get more contracts and freebies! :D

Nawaz sahib is probably wondering when the jarnails will let him be.

But then a fortress needs its general and loyal troops.

What a strange rant. It was not I who insulted Potoharis but your fellow Pakistani @shan so your rant makes no sense. Btw almost everything you said is wrong.
Now where did i insult you, i have just told you what my eyes have observed, dogras are clearly an indic people, they are not iranic or turanic like the northerners, you sir are clearly indic (btw that is not intended to be an insult)

There are many rajputs in Harappadna.

Punjabi/Kashmiri PahariHAP135:

South Indian: 34%
Baloch: 43%
Caucasian: 11%
NE Euro: 7%

Punjabi/kashmiri Pahari HAP44:
South Indian: 34%
Baloch: 40%
Caucasian: 8%
NE Euro: 9%

UP/Pahari HAP 328.

South Indian: 47%
Baloch: 30%
Caucasian: 3%
NE Euro: 4%

Kashmiri rajput HAP 354.

South Indian: 32%
Baloch: 36%
Caucasian: 12%
NE Euro: 7%

Rajasthan Rajput HAP 227.

South Indian: 45%
Baloch: 38%
Caucasian: 5%
NE Euro: 9%

West Bengali Rajput Hap 244:

South Indian: 47%
Baloch: 30%
Caucasian: 3%
NE Euro: 6%

And now Khatris who are all Punjabis anyway, 3 samples.

South Indian: 29%
Baloch: 38%
Caucasian: 15%
NE Euro: 10%

Or Punjabi muslim jatt

South Indian: 30%
Baloch: 39%
Caucasian: 12%
NE Euro: 8%

If you check other jatt samples from Haryana, Rajasthan, Punjab their ancestral south indian will be around 28-30% on average. While rajputs are all over the place, and punjabi/pahari rajputs seem to have 4-5% extra ancestral south indian. Jats seem like more homogeneous group. While rajput just a title given by brahmins.

And as one can see khatris are not genetically closer to rajputs. They seem to be closer to central punjabi jats instead which include sikh jats for exemple. Because many hindu khatris used to live in central punjab before partition, and now their muslim khatris known as sheikh also live in big numbers in central punjab.

I personally saw a Pakistani jatt with 38% south Indian. One sample isn't enough to make a judgement on all the rajputs. Also Pakistani Jatts have significantly less Euro than the haryana and Jatt sikhs. There aren't enough Potohari rajput samples in the harappadna to make a judgement. Simple.

Last edited:
Also as someone mentioned musalis and mirasis. Here's a video of them singing. They are Potohari and singing in a dialect of Potohari that is spoken in western Jhelum. They look quite out of place usually, and I sympathize with them because they face too much discrimination throughout the Punjab. In my person theory, I believe they are the ancestors of gypsies in eastern europe and the doms of middle east. They are even called "doom mirasi" in Potohar. The "dom" are found in gilgit baltistan and Balochistan too. They have a inherent talent for singing and musicianship.

PS: Also if someone wants to discuss anthropology of Punjab and north India, then make a separate thread as we are all borderline trolls here.

Saray kay saray "bijjj-nishhh" man hain'........ Nawaza bhee, aur fauji bhee...... the actual fight is about who'll get more contracts and freebies! :D

I see the jarnails playing their hand in Herat, kab sudhro ge.

Now where did i insult you, i have just told you what my eyes have observed, dogras are clearly an indic people, they are not iranic or turanic like the northerners, you sir are clearly indic (btw that is not intended to be an insult)

Dogras are an Indic people indeed but the term "Indic" is not a racial classification but a linguistic one. Dogras speak an Indo Aryan language therefore, we are Indo- Aryans or Indic - they are interchangeable.
Pashtuns are an Iranic people on a linguistic basis but they do not look identical to Iranians. Some do, just like some dogras, some kashmiris, some punjabis, etc.. I have seen many Pashtuns. They are not snow whites. Look at Dr. Shakeel Afridi. Are you telling me he wouldn't be able to pass as a Punjabi? He is dark. Lol. Are you telling me Malala wouldn't be able to pass as a Dogra, kashmiri or even punjabi? People like to give the example of Shahid Afridi. He too looks Indic. He can't pass in Iran. No one would look twice if he was in Jammu or Kashmir. If he told people he's dogra, no one would know otherwise.
Point is pashtun whiteness is highly exaggerated. Kashmiris are probably lighter than Pashtuns and we have lived alongside Kashmiris for centuries.

Dogras are an Indic people indeed but the term "Indic" is not a racial classification but a linguistic one. Dogras speak an Indo Aryan language therefore, we are Indo- Aryans or Indic - they are interchangeable.
Pashtuns are an Iranic people on a linguistic basis but they do not look identical to Iranians. Some do, just like some dogras, some kashmiris, some punjabis, etc.. I have seen many Pashtuns. They are not snow whites. Look at Dr. Shakeel Afridi. Are you telling me he wouldn't be able to pass as a Punjabi? He is dark. Lol. Are you telling me Malala wouldn't be able to pass as a Dogra, kashmiri or even punjabi? People like to give the example of Shahid Afridi. He too looks Indic. He can't pass in Iran. No one would look twice if he was in Jammu or Kashmir. If he told people he's dogra, no one would know otherwise.
Point is pashtun whiteness is highly exaggerated. Kashmiris are probably lighter than Pashtuns and we have lived alongside Kashmiris for centuries.

Pashtuns have very distinct features in my opinion. Shahid Afridi looks like a typical Pashtun, especially in his young years. And yeah they come in all shades, but in general they are the lighter than Punjabis. Azad Kashmiris are as light skinned as Pashtuns but even in Azad Kashmir, it's easy to tell a Pashtun apart from a local most of the times. Pashtuns generally have distinct noses and eye shapes, which gives them away most of the time. Some Pashtuns that I have personally seen also looked a bit turkic. An example of turkic looking Pashtuns-as Salman Rashid(a famous columnist) pointed out- is Abdullah Mehsud. I don't see a reason why he won't pass in Uzbekistan, Turkemistan etc. Look him on google.

PS: Pure Baloch look quite similar to Pashtuns, albeit they are darker on average. Baloch, in my opinion, are the best looking race in Pakistan. No homo.

Back
Top Bottom