What's new

Sri Lankan bank, Bank of Ceylon in Chennai attacked

If your English is so bad that you cannot form a single statement correctly use Urdu .

@Topic

They are so stupid They attacked Their own people .

And i don't Think its a trend , it's an one off incident and i don't think any Sri Lankan Bank has been attacked anywhere else in India on this issue .

Good for you , Job well done , But do remember it happened because Indian government stopped Supporting LTTE during the late eighties and even sent a Peace Keeping forces numbering 100000 for a couple of years . We lost a PM in suicide attack for your cause .

TamilNadu not Tamil nude

The last we checked Indian politicains supported, shelttered and funded LTTE terrorists against Sri Lanka on same pretext of refugees.

You are trying to change the topic now :lol: , Irrespective of allegations, India will remain an involved party as long as Sri Lankan refugees remain in India.

Rajapaksha is even now acting as dictator so forget about expecting respect for SL Tamils from his govt. He got even the kids killed in the name of LTTE. TBH, people in Tamil Nadu and SL Tamils are distant cousins so obviously they will feel the pain much more/better than any other Indian in any other part of India. To say the least it's quite unfortunate that even though we all are Indians but when it comes to seeing the pain we see it/feel it on the basis of our ethnicity and on the basis of region we belong to.. shame!!

I agree with you!

Rajapakshe too support and the founder of YELLOW ROBBED TERRORIST against minority muslims in Sri Lanka.

indeed LTTE carried out genocide of not only sinhalies but also of own tamils in SL

According to the same right due to which Indians say its none of Pakistan's business.

The last we checked Indian politicains supported, shelttered and funded LTTE terrorists against Sri Lanka on same pretext of refugees.

Politicians who were quiet during the war were now doing drums for shame politics. Tamil issues should be taken at the UN meet.
And it should be done with protest against the killer Rajapakse. We are fed up with Tamil politicians and Congress govt at the centre.

indeed LTTE carried out genocide of not only sinhalies but also of own tamils in SL

According to the same right due to which Indians say its none of Pakistan's business.

And before that Sinhalese were busy deporting tamils to India and oppressing tamils through state policies. U will be blind to this, wont u hypocrite?

Politicians who were quiet during the war were now doing drums for shame politics. Tamil issues should be taken at the UN meet.
And it should be done with protest against the killer Rajapakse. We are fed up with Tamil politicians and Congress govt at the centre.

And before that Sinhalese were busy deporting tamils to India and oppressing tamils through state policies. U will be blind to this, wont u hypocrite?

Close your border thats all if you cant take refugees but making excuse for funding terrorists in Sri Lanka on pretext of pouring in of refugees is Indian State terrorism.

Tamils bear brunt of anti-Sinhala attacks
The writer has posted comments on this articleBy Daniel P George & C D S ManiDaniel P George & C D S Mani, TNN | Feb 9, 2013, 02.42 AM IST

CHENNAI: Every time pro-Tamil activists attack a Sri Lankan government or civil establishment in Tamil Nadu, the victims are either Sri Lankan or Indian Tamils. On Thursday, when masked men protesting against Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa's visit to India, attacked Bank of Ceylon(BOC), the employees injured were Tamils.

Both Sri Lankan and Indian Tamils working in Sri Lankan establishments are increasingly bearing the brunt of attacks by pro-Tamil protesters. It was the turn of Janakan, a Lankan Tamil trainee at BOC, and Rajesh, a Chennai resident, on Thursday when they were hit by broken glass panes after the protesters threw stones at the bank.

The bank has been closed for two days and will reopen on Monday. "It's a real threat," was the response of an official at the bank.

A large posse of police personnel crowded the narrow lane behind a departmental store where the bank is located off Casa Major Road in Egmore in anticipation of further attacks. Earlier located on Poonamallee High Road, the bank was shifted here three months ago, it is learnt.

Security has been strengthened at the office of the Sri Lankan Deputy High Commissioner and Sri Lankan Airline. An official of the airlines said, "There is adequate police protection and there is no fear of being targetted as most of the staff are Indians".

Many Lankan owned establishments here are staffed by local Tamilians and they too are under risk of being targeted whenever anti-Lankan sentiments are on a high.

At the Mahabodhi Society of Sri Lanka in Egmore, where 140 Sri Lankan devotees were present, security has been beefed up since the attack on the bank. The pilgrims have been advised not to venture out of the premises . On Friday, the Sri Lankan government asked India to protect its offices and establishments in Tamil Nadu.

Sri Lankan diplomats and intelligence officials who have worked here earlier arrived a week in advance to supervise security arrangements for Rajapaksa's visit on Friday all the diplomats and administrative staff were roped in for the presidential visit. "None of them including the acting deputy high commissioner Ameer Ajwad were present at the mission as all of them are either in Tirupati supervising the security arrangements for the visit of President Mahinda Rajapaksa or in various parts of the state where there were protests,'' said an official from the diplomatic mission.

The Sri Lankan diplomatic mission resembled a fortress under siege. All exit and entry points to the mission were guarded by over 250 policemen to prevent any untoward incident.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Tamils-bear-brunt-of-anti-Sinhala-attacks/articleshow/18409741.cms

Close your border thats all if you cant take refugees but making excuse for funding terrorists in Sri Lanka on pretext of pouring in of refugees is Indian State terrorism.

Tamils bear brunt of anti-Sinhala attacks
The writer has posted comments on this articleBy Daniel P George & C D S ManiDaniel P George & C D S Mani, TNN | Feb 9, 2013, 02.42 AM IST

CHENNAI: Every time pro-Tamil activists attack a Sri Lankan government or civil establishment in Tamil Nadu, the victims are either Sri Lankan or Indian Tamils. On Thursday, when masked men protesting against Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa's visit to India, attacked Bank of Ceylon(BOC), the employees injured were Tamils.

Both Sri Lankan and Indian Tamils working in Sri Lankan establishments are increasingly bearing the brunt of attacks by pro-Tamil protesters. It was the turn of Janakan, a Lankan Tamil trainee at BOC, and Rajesh, a Chennai resident, on Thursday when they were hit by broken glass panes after the protesters threw stones at the bank.

The bank has been closed for two days and will reopen on Monday. "It's a real threat," was the response of an official at the bank.

A large posse of police personnel crowded the narrow lane behind a departmental store where the bank is located off Casa Major Road in Egmore in anticipation of further attacks. Earlier located on Poonamallee High Road, the bank was shifted here three months ago, it is learnt.

Security has been strengthened at the office of the Sri Lankan Deputy High Commissioner and Sri Lankan Airline. An official of the airlines said, "There is adequate police protection and there is no fear of being targetted as most of the staff are Indians".

Many Lankan owned establishments here are staffed by local Tamilians and they too are under risk of being targeted whenever anti-Lankan sentiments are on a high.

At the Mahabodhi Society of Sri Lanka in Egmore, where 140 Sri Lankan devotees were present, security has been beefed up since the attack on the bank. The pilgrims have been advised not to venture out of the premises . On Friday, the Sri Lankan government asked India to protect its offices and establishments in Tamil Nadu.

Sri Lankan diplomats and intelligence officials who have worked here earlier arrived a week in advance to supervise security arrangements for Rajapaksa's visit on Friday all the diplomats and administrative staff were roped in for the presidential visit. "None of them including the acting deputy high commissioner Ameer Ajwad were present at the mission as all of them are either in Tirupati supervising the security arrangements for the visit of President Mahinda Rajapaksa or in various parts of the state where there were protests,'' said an official from the diplomatic mission.

The Sri Lankan diplomatic mission resembled a fortress under siege. All exit and entry points to the mission were guarded by over 250 policemen to prevent any untoward incident.

Tamils bear brunt of anti-Sinhala attacks - The Times of India

U r very good on changing topic, when u can find nothing to counter others. In the first half of that post, i clearly mentioned that i am against the drama conducted by POliticians against SL business establishment.

And when u are clearly mentioning about LTTE's activities, but ignoring the human rights abuses sinhalese done over the decades. U will ignore those cos u r a hypo... And what about 40000 tamilians civilians killed by them?

U r very good on changing topic, when u can find nothing to counter others. In the first half of that post, i clearly mentioned that i am against the drama conducted by POliticians against SL business establishment.

And when u are clearly mentioning about LTTE's activities, but ignoring the human rights abuses sinhalese done over the decades. U will ignore those cos u r a hypo... And what about 40000 tamilians civilians killed by them?

oh come on cry cry cry for your weakness........ even if you care take all the tamils from Sri Lanka give them first class citizenship in India. be my guest.

All tamil people are united aganist sinhalese dogss we have wordwide support

We still got power in Canada, UK and Australia we will raise funds for the movement and the new war will start

lolz another genocide for Tamils..... :yahoo:

I am Tamil also we have a state called Tamil Nadu lol and we support our Tamil brothers and sisters

Well well well.......... aren't your Tamil brethren living in refugee camps in TN and treated like animals? Where is the support for them? :bad:

hi
i am new to this site, wish i too could add my opinions regarding the issue.

true pakistani,

it is a political thing. many TN politicians think as there are tamils in SL they can have a say in SL issues. They funded the LTTE to carry out suicide bombs, assasinations in SL. For them SL issue is a political tool. The one who screams most abt the SL tamils can win more votes. U will see soon jayalalitha would soon join the anti sinhala bandwagon as this recent rheotic was started by her enemy, K'nidhi.
On a personal level i havent witnessed hatred fron TN people. I have worked with many TN people in SL, but they had been friendly to me, may be cos they were in SL. However we did get along well, that one even invited to his wedding even after having worked with us for 3 months. there is no hatred as shown in media, according to my experience.

u knw indian media!

yetti and some tamil nationalists commenting here,
u ppl seem to lack knowledge on Sl, so here is some education for you!
Your allegiance with SL tamils is due to wrong reasons. SL tamils do NOT consider they were indian tamils. They think they are the earliest settlers in the island. Infact that is the base of their arguement. They reject any relationship with indian tamil. Even some consider them to be more tamil than indian tamil. If they side with indian tamils that is because they need support.

there are two types of tamils in SL. One is SLn tamil and the others are Indian tamils. Unlike the ones in TN, the indian tamils sided with the government. They even serve as police men in sri lankan police stations in north n east.

If you think SL is ur property, cleanse ur brain. SL does not belong to u in TN, just because Tamils live here. If u still think so, be brave n come to SL and say that to any Lankan. they will 'enlighten' u.

secondly, there was NO WAR CRIME or a genocide. if so can you please show me any evidence.

And if u think of restarting war in SL, i can only pity u. Ask Vaiko to come to SL and start protesting if he has the balls.

Back
Top Bottom