What's new

Sri Lanka 86, India 95, China 75 - Corruption ranking

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sri Lanka 86, India 95, China 75 - Corruption ranking

Sri Lanka has improved its ranking in the global corruption perception index released annually by corruption watchdog Transparency International(TI). Sri Lanka which was ranked 91 in 2010 went up three notches to 86 in 2011 in the Corruption Perceptions Index 2011.

Sri Lanka has registered a score of 3.3 (10 indicating “very clean” and 0 indicating “highly corrupt”), which has placed it 86th out of 178 countries together.

The Corruption Perceptions Index ranks countries and territories according to their perceived levels of public sector corruption. It is an aggregate indicator that combines different sources of information about corruption, making it possible to compare countries.

India is ranked far worse than Sri Lanka with a rank of 95 scoring 3.1 points while China is ranked 75th with a score of 3.6.

News view - LankasriNews.com

Bangladesh at 120 with 2.7 points; Pakistan at 134 with 2.5 points; Nepal at 154 with 2.2 points; and Afghanistan at 180 with 1.5 points.

Bangladesh at 120 with 2.7 points; Pakistan at 134 with 2.5 points; Nepal at 154 with 2.2 points; and Afghanistan at 180 with 1.5 points.

I can't believe any country in sub continent will be lower then India. I thought India is most corrupt in sub continent

The Corruption Perceptions Index ranks countries and territories according to their perceived levels of public sector corruption. It is an aggregate indicator that combines different sources of information about corruption, making it possible to compare countries.

as stated earlier on other threads ..a country which doesn't come up with more case of corruption is not automatically a less corrupt state.

This survey is not an actual indicator of corruption ,but rather an indicator of growing sentiments of the general populace...
as well as the amount of corruption related news being generated in a nation.

Corruption is a problem no doubt ...but being in a state of feeling a sense false security is harmful.

I can't believe any country in sub continent will be lower then India. I thought India is most corrupt in sub continent

Nah, we beat you by a mile Pal. When it comes to Corruption, we Pakistanis rule the roost. That is our forte.

Indians are Minor league players in the domain of Corruption. We Pakistanis are major league champions of Corruption.

In the words of a Pakistani Federal Minister ( current PPP govt.) " Corruption is our Right " . I am not kidding, here is the video.

Watch and learn , Indians. We Pakistanis are the unchallenged Master's of Corruption:

Pakistan People

Who is the DADDY, NOW ? Eh ?

India's stink of corruption spilled over and poison the rest of the area.

Dear Lankan Ranger,

Absolutely non sense thread

How can you compare with India and China.

It is easy to admin SL as size of my district, but when it comes to admin sizes of India and China its difficult.

No hard feelings bro...

Current Administration has done an ok job on handling corruption however When Mr. Xi Jinping, he will get the Harder levels of corrupt officials out of reach. :smokin:

I hope so. But I really question it

Mr Xi Jinping is alot more Iron handed then the Current Admin, Current leaders are soft on Corruption. Mr Jinping will be alot tougher.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom