What's new

SL ranks 91 in corruption index

Damn dude I expected way better ranking than SL
You guys have performed very goo lately
Any idea why such a low ranking

Refer to my posts above.. The public sector has been completely politicized.. From the police that have always been henchmen to politicians to now the independence of the judiciary.. And there is openly ugly nepotism where the whole Rajapaksa clan is controlling all vital aspects of the country both economic and governmental.. There is complete impunity to corruption and thuggery if some one is connected to the regime.. And another main reason is the opposition is virtually non existant, Led by a weak leader seen by the majority of the people as far removed from ground reality and too reliant on the west, Add to that numerous internal squabbles.. So the the govt is given a free hand to abuse power to their liking

The country dropped 12 places in an year!! That speaks volumes of the situation.. Infrastructure alone does not shown the real situation of governance

It's a shame! We are living in a corrupt world!

qTiwR7X.jpg

@Sher Malang hey frnd.....this pic shows that afghanistan is the most corrupt nation...is it true ???

@Sher Malang hey frnd.....this pic shows that afghanistan is the most corrupt nation...is it true ???

Yes damn true and sad, when 85% of the government is being run by the drug mafia, warlords and foreign agents that would be the fate of Afghanistan.

Well i live is Aus so i should be happy too.. But that does'nt help the cause no ??

What cause are we talking about? You mean if our countries ever will reach the top. LOL. No way Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh will reach the top in our lifetime. Corruption is in our blood. We pay our govt employees peanuts and expect excellent customer service from them. Here in New Zealand, working in the govt dept means you are getting a high wage and extra benefits. Plus there are checks and balances by which everything is monitored by someone else.
I was in Islamabad once and my Pakistani passport had expired. I am from Karachi and my ID card was issued there only. So the passport office in Islamabad told me that I have to go to Karachi to renew my passport. Now obviously the guy wanted something. I calculated if I go to Karachi by aeroplane( I dont like trains in Pakistan), its was going to cost me around Rs. 10,000 or so. And will be a waste of time. So I asked him how much and he told me Rs. 5000 extra and I paid him with my passport fees.
So even though I did not want to I was forced to give him a bribe to get it done.
It is the system which is in place in our countries. The corruption has to stop from the top and come down.

Exactly.. And thats a serious reason to worry.. With such high ranks in HDI's and literacy, SL dropping 12 points in an year!! Shows how bad the rule of law have become under the current regime!!

Seems like we ANZAC's are the only blokes up at this time of the day..:-)

With such HDIs, educated small population with a sound economic strategy, good governance, good constitution and good checks and balances in constitution would make SL a developed nation within 5-10 years. But our leaders and their moronic supporters dont understant that.

It's a shame! We are living in a corrupt world!

qTiwR7X.jpg

The real shame is we doing nothing against it and whitewashing them.

Back
Top Bottom