What's new

Soviet Russia helped to get China in Nuclear , Space , Missile technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mao did gain the help from USSR to build up China's industry, but those strategic technologies such as nuke and space program, USSR didn't provide a lot of help since they didn't trust Mao.

But Mao and Zhou have recruited a lot Chinese graduate from the western countries.

Remember Qian Xuesen, the father of China's missile and space program, he was a top graduate from USA, and one of the most favorite students of Theodore von Karman.

He was also the first man who found Wernher von Braun and inspected him.

Without a genius and great scientist like Qian Xuesen, China's space program wouldn't go that far.

As matter of fact ...China did get all crucial technology before Sino-Soviet Split in 1960 .

Thereafter Chinese continued their own efforts ...but all the documents prove clearly

How Kruscheve gave warhead designs , plutonium processing plant , Uranium processing plant to Mao

Agreed after deportation from US during McCarthysm era Quain became father of china's missile programme

Also Russians gave R-2 rocket technology which was extremely helpful in initial designs and technology for both missiles and rockets ....

No doubt that afterwards Chinese own efforts helped to build upon initial help ...

But the momentum ...crucial head start ....in such coveted ...strategic technology which nations normally don't share .....

Soviets did share with China for their own compulsions ....

PRCwas crown jewel among all Soviet Block nations .....

Khruschev did not want to lose Ideological race with US , so was reluctantly forced to pay price of Nuclear weapons technology to PRC to keep Soviet block intact .....

These are undeniable facts of history ....

Had it not been for Mao .....
China would have become vassal state to Soviet Russia like eastern European countries.....

Or even American - satellite nation.....as appears from documents pertaining to 1935-1960s era .

Mao was the best thing that could have happened to China in 1945 .....

I am surprised some of your countryman are denying those facts ......

They are only looking at Mao's shortcomings .....and not his achievements ...

They were too young to understand the difficulty and pressure of our previous generation has endured.

I also hated Mao when i was young, but when i digged into more history, i gradually started to understand the greatness of Mao.

Some peasants were starving during Mao's era, but this was only entirely Mao's faulty.

Since during the Sino-Soviet split era, USSR demanded Mao to pay off all the debt, including the equipment provided during the Korean War and the 10 years industrial aid.

But for Mao, the technology is much more valuable than money, he paid off the debt to USSR, but China got the blood vessel of an industrialized nation.

USSR never believed that China can become a nuclear power in the 1960s, they predicted that China can only detonate its first atomic bomb in the 1980s, but the reality was happaned 20 years before.

with vast labor force and low wage after the WW2,China would have automatically become the engine of the economic growth in East Asia,and amass great wealth in one or two decades and completely transform the country into an economic power house.we have people,land,resources,market..this place would be attracting all investment from around the world,but something delayed from happening for 4 decades.

As matter of fact ...China did get all crucial technology before Sino-Soviet Split in 1960 .

Thereafter Chinese continued their own efforts ...but all the documents prove clearly

How Kruscheve gave warhead designs , plutonium processing plant , Uranium processing plant to Mao

Agreed after deportation from US during McCarthysm era Quain became father of china's missile programme

Also Russians gave R-2 rocket technology which was extremely helpful in initial designs and technology for both missiles and rockets ....

No doubt that afterwards Chinese own efforts helped to build upon initial help ...

But the momentum ...crucial head start ....in such coveted ...strategic technology which nations normally don't share .....

Soviets did share with China for their own compulsions ....

PRCwas crown jewel among all Soviet Block nations .....

Khruschev did not want to lose Ideological race with US , so was reluctantly forced to pay price of Nuclear weapons technology to PRC to keep Soviet block intact .....

These are undeniable facts of history ....

True, Qian Xuesen was just as smart as von Braun, but without the industrial foundation laid by USSR, he could do nothing in a stone age country.

It is like USSR was PRC's teacher in the elementary school, but even the university graduation was solely done by PRC itself, but without the fundamental education from your elementary school teacher, you cannot skip directly to the university education.

it's all about money,you 've got money,you 've got everything,all technology will come with it.you've dont have money ,even you make some achievements in technology,it's not sustainable.there are so many good examples people can refer to.

China missed out the best time ,but even we opened up 4 decades later,you can still see what a miracle can happen in merely one generation,now we are the second richest country in the world,what kind of "help" do we really need.

the best time for China's scientific and techological development is right now,after we've got money to do the job.

S.Korean couldn't make any machines in the 1950s.now they produce one of the best cars in the world.it's about investment and oursourcing,foreget about "help"and "aid",those"help"and "aid"can only lead a country to N.Korea.

it's all about money,you 've got money,you 've got everything,all technology will come with it.you've dont have money ,even you make some achievements in technology,it's not sustainable.there are so many good examples people can refer to.

China missed out the best time ,but even we opened up 4 decades later,you can still see what a miracle can happen in merely one generation,now we are the second richest country in the world,what kind of "help" do we really need.

the best time for China's scientific and techological development is right now,after we've got money to do the job.

Stop hating Mao, the history cannot be assumed.

Without Mao, you would be sticking with KMT.

And are you sure you want KMT to be your government? If KMT was the central government of China, then Beijing would remain as Beiping, it would remain much poorer than Shanghai and other Jiangnan cities.

KMT was mainly founded by Shanghainese and other Jiangnanese, they looked down the northerners and only trusted their own community in Shanghai/Jiangnan.

None of the notherners i met would support KMT.

I live in Beijing,the capital of PRC,for almost all my life,come to Beijing and ask people here what if there was no Mao and Communism in Chinese history,what would happen in China?better or worse?and you will get a general picture of what people think here in the very center of PRC's heart.

can you honestly give your answer to this question of mine?I mean ,honestly

I honestly feel and say it again ...Mao'c contribution can't be denied ....

I do not think You should blame Mao for everything bad happened to PRC then ....

PRC was just born after long grueling Sino-Japanese war followed by Civil war ....

To rebuild a war torn country ....is not an easy task .....

Initialy Mao's programme was supersuccess . The economy was back on track within 5 years ....

Mao ..had great vision for China....without Mao or Soviet Russia it would not have been accomplished so fast ....
Look at time line ....

PRC established in 1949 and within a decade PRC was already Nuclear , missile power ....

In that sense you outwitted even great Britain ....

All this to have been accomplished in just 10 years rule ....would not have been possible without Mao's vision and Soviet help

You can't re-live history ...I can't forecast what could have or could not have happened ....
But we can deduce that the fact that by 1960s China was already nuclear power , missile power is sole due to 2 major elements ....Mao's vision and Soviet help ..

I absolutely don't deny that Soviets had their own designs ....
Again you have to thank that China didn't go North Korea way ...because of Mao ....

That's the reason he broke away from Soviets after getting all crucial help ...when industrialization boom occurred, China had already mastered technology for nukes , missiles - Mao had no use of Soviets !

Truth is that both PRC and Soviets exploited each other ....but china gained most !!!

I personally feel Mao and Soviet co-operation was best thing that happened to China at that time ....

I can't forecast what would have or would not happened if these two phenomenon - Mao and Soviet Russia had not happened to China ....

I m not hating him and I m not a fan of KMT,I m just stating the facts,Mao was a great person ,I admit.let 's not to talk about him,what i m talking about is Russia helped PRC,but NOT Chinese nation.

Stop hating Mao, the history cannot be assumed.

Without Mao, you would be sticking with KMT.

And are you sure you want KMT to be your government? If KMT was the central government of China, then Beijing would remain as Beiping, it would remain much poorer than Shanghai and other Jiangnan cities.

KMT was mainly founded by Shanghainese and other Jiangnanese, they looked down the northerners and only trusted their own community in Shanghai/Jiangnan.

None of the notherners i met would support KMT.

I completely agree with you !

Mao had great vision for China....

No other Chinese leader can surpass his stature ....

Best thing that happened to China in the worst episode in Chinese history ( i.e after Defeat in Sino-Japanese war and Civil war )

After Mao's rule China never lost a war !!!

I m not hating him and I m not a fan of KMT,I m just stating the facts,Mao was a great person ,I admit.let 's not to talk about him,what i m talking about is Russia helped PRC,but NOT Chinese nation.

KMT were bunch of narrow-mind regionists, if they were in power, then only Shanghai would be built like the New York City, while the rest of China would be like Africa.

I am a Shanghainese, but i am a Chinese first, this is not the type of government i want, i want the prosperity for the whole China, not just Shanghai.

no one dares to say that if China opened up and did business freely around world from the 1950s,today's China would be worse off than it is now.actually Shanghai used to be the finacial center in Asia before the war.

PRC was prelude to Chinese nation....
Do you hate PRC ?

I am shocked the way you are talking .....so now you have accepted Mao was great person ...but PRC was not good ?

what kind of logic is that ......

no one dares to say that if China opened up and did business freely around world from the 1950s,today's China would be worse off than it is now.actually Shanghai used to be the finacial center in Asia before the war.

KMT only cared about Shanghai and they put everything in Shanghai, while ignored the rest of China, i don't want this government to run my country.

You are talking about ...Ifs and buts ....
Do you know sure that without Visionary leader like Mao .....history would have been the way you predict and not otherwise....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom