What's new

Soviet Russia helped to get China in Nuclear , Space , Missile technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought weapons from Russia ,isnt that a very normal business deal?were we under any kind of foreign attack during that time which makes weapon purchase our country's top priority?did we short pay Russians for their weapons?what's wrong with your Indian minds?arm's trade is very common and how it becomes aid and help.that's ridiculous.

All I am saying that Russia provided you arms and sensitive technology ....when one else did..

You had no other place to turn ....Russia was only country...

All your defence technology is based on Russian technology ....
Yes you reverse engineered it later ....

But you are denying that ...who else do you think would have shared such hi-tech equipments to China .

Nobodyelse ...only Russia could do it ...

Yes but then you don't go on refusing Russian contribution to Chinese defence then ....read my posts ....
There are ecats details of how much , and what sort of equipment Russians sold you guys ?

Be grateful to Russia to having sold you state of the art technology at the time of West imposed arms embargo which you copied !

I NEVER denied Russia helped PRC,they did,but they hurt the Chinese nation in a big way.and how many times do i have to mind you,in 1990s China's relations with Russia was not that cozy,it's not who helped whom,it's business deal and each party got what they want.China was not in a state of war,it's just common peacetime military development.

We bought weapons from Russia ,isnt that a very normal business deal?were we under any kind of foreign attack during that time which makes weapon purchase our country's top priority?did we short pay Russians for their weapons?what's wrong with your Indian minds?arm's trade is very common and how it becomes aid and help.that's ridiculous.

Russia now wants to sell more weapons to China and China refused to buy them,does it mean China refused to accept"help"from Russia?you'd been under foreign masters rule for too long ,your whole mentality is so messed up.

Why didn't the great , self sufficient China produce these weapons themselves ?

Why it bought these arms from country like Russia who dragged you 30 years behind ?

In one instance you blame Russia and in other you trade with them ....that's what we call hypocrisy !!

It's ok to have arms trade ....
perfectly normal ....But then to blame your largest and only arms supplier and to refuse to acknowledge its importance to you and ...that's called as hypocrisy

I NEVER denied Russia helped PRC,they did,but they hurt the Chinese nation in a big way.and how many times do i have to mind you,in 1990s China's relations with Russia was not that cozy,it's not who helped whom,it's business deal and each part got what they want.

that's what I always said ...you need to move on ...free yourself from baggage of past ...

Didn't you guys ? off course you did .that's why you started purchasing arms and technology you could not create from Russia who hurt your country ....

Then why keep harping on past ....

At one hand you keep on saying Russia hurt your country big way ....and at another hand you buy their arms and technology and then copy same technology ....

I can't reconcile to that ....

How nice does it to feel to blame a country for your past ...and then go to them to ask for sensitive technology ....

Even today Russia is building nuclear reactors etc for Russia . Russia trained your astronauts...you didn't have facilities....

which country will give you ride to Mars ? which country will give you 3'rd generation fighters ? Submarines ....and what not ?

You have used Russia to fullest and yet you refuse to acknowledge their assistance

it's buying and selling ,just like any other business deals,each party gets what they want,is this simple business practice really that difficult for you to understand?

Calm down buddy no need to start several threads on the same topic

Russians in 1990s sold anything,a Russian ice hockey team visited Beijing and played a couple of matches with the local teams and before they left ,they sold all their ice hockey equiments on the street. they were not helping the local people,they deperately need money and each party got what they wanted,can you understand this?

you can't claim you know China better than we Chinese,I studied Chinese history all my life and we know who we owe and who owes us.we owe Russia nothing.

Well said. This @Indo-guy just coz he picked up a couple books and he thinks he is an authority on history of modern China, making judgment on chinese history.

And he even claimed that you are on his side. Is he not slimy? Trying to pit one against another.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well said. This @Indo-guy just coz he picked up a couple books and he thinks he is an authority on history of modern China, making judgment on chinese history.

And he even claimed that you are on his side. Is he not slimy? Trying to pit one against another.

You are stupid as well as brainwashed

Read the PRC MF archives....Read Archives of Mao and Stalin conversation....

How Mao begged for assistance to Comrades in Soviet Russia

Russia gave your poor , starving country 300 million dollars in 1950 .and you insult that help as pea nuts ....

Shows how ungrateful Chinese people like you can be .....

@Fattyacids

Dear fatty acids ,
Since you insist and since I am not afraid to state the facts.I will respond to you as long you wish.
All the while I am addressing you as Dear Fatty acid and see what words you are using ....Slimy , dodgy , liars ,shameless etc

I can dig up many of my questions you have deliberately left unanswered and things you have twisted... ..when I send Deng Xiaopong...I mean that era ....Yes I agree the relations improved after Yeltsin visit . But that does not take away fact that Russia did helped China in several ways .
China had been under arms embargo by west and it's Russia which fulfilled China's defense needs ..Most of China's military hardware came from Russia which Chinese scientists reveres engineered later . China was social pariah in International arena . Russia did a great favor by supplying all that military hardware to China .

also True is the fact Soviets helped in establishing Uranium enrichment plants in 1950's also send nuclear scientists and blue prints for primitive nuclear weapons ...

When I say China owes a lot to Russia ...it's not in monetary terms ....

For what Russia did can never be equated in terms of money ...
At one point you just refuse to accept that Russia did help , at other point you say it was peanuts ..at other point of time you say it was same as given to other communist countries ...
and another point you say that money given was to wage wars ....

I have already stated that Soviet Russia showed great magnanimity to give away its naval bases at port Arthur and Dalian ...despite stiff resistance from Stalin as part of Sino- soviet friendship treaty .... You did not say anything about that

I also told you during same period Sovuet Russia gave 300 million $ . Remember 300 million dollars in 1950 is equivalent to several trillion dollar today ( I was not going to say that but just since you insisted although I still say when I said you owe a lot to Russia it was not referred to monetary terms ) This is the 'price......not 'value .

This assistance came when millions and millions of Chinese were dying of starvation in China ....Can you put value to this assistance ... In indian culture if somebody gives you even drops of water when you are dying ...you are indebted to them forever ...

Remember china had no friend then....and during such critical period when PRC was born after long drawn civil war ...only country that helped you guys were China ...
and you insult that as peanuts ....You have been most ungrateful to forget a help provided by country in the most critical period of your history....ask your grand parents ....they might be able to reminisce .

It was Russian help due to which chin was able to undertake mass scale industrialization...
China was not able to make even simple machines ...all the sophisticated machinery , engines were send by Russia with their technicians ..to teach Chinese people ....

Sino-Soviet split happned in 1961. From 1945 till this period China required unprecedented help from soviets . As stated before Soviet Russia helped you guys establish ...uranium and plutonium processing plants also send their nuclear scientists ...gave blue prints ...
China was utterly poor ..had no expertise for this state of the art techs ...al of which were passed on by the Soviets to China ...
China conducted its first nuclear test in 1964 just 3 years after Split from Soviet ...Do you think Chinese developed nukes on its own....in just 4 years ..that too when million were dying of poverty and hunger. China had no money to feed itself....Without Soviet help it would not have been possible for the then third world country like China to develop nukes ...
It's well known truth US and Russia were only pioneers in technology ...subsequently all countries including China stole secrets and copied technology ....

Your PRC /ROC differentiation is absolute nonsense ...
are these two different countries ?

Your argument that Soviets helped PRC and not ROC is absolutely laughable ....Soviets helped PRC gain all crucial technology ...and when it changed to ROC did ROC give up that tech....Name and regime changed ....but country is same ...The fruits of industrialization and mechanization that you enjoy today belong to the trees whose seeds were sowed at PRC era with the help of Soviets ....
China was neither military or nuclear power ..yet because of Soviet Russia ....China got permanent seat at Security council ....

Immediately after soviet split - China attacked Vietnam the then Soviet ally which turned relations bad .
China had brief war with Russia ...You are asking me whether I know it or not ...
You don't read post fully ....I already told you I know it well because my Russian friend that I had made during Antarctica expedition had served in Sino- Russian war in 1969 in medical corps ...

well so many things changed after brief conflict in 1969 ...and you ask me naïve question as to how you can be grateful to your opponent ....
Well after collapse of USSR - Boris yeltsin visit thawd relations again ...in 1995 ( if I am correct ) border agreement was included ..Eversince then China and Russia has shared close relationships ....
after Tianmen square massacre west had imposed arms sanctions during this period again Russia was main arms supplier ...and all major technologies that china today flaunts were absorbed during this period .I am not belittling China's own efforts ...but China gained lot from Russian ready made hardware ....

China's space programme owes to Russia lot ....training of Chinese scientists and sharing of R-2 rocket technology was primer for China's Space programme ...from which also developed ballistic missile programme ....All initial Chinese rockets and missiles were totally based on R-2 rocket technology ....
Concurrent massive Chinese spy programme made further valuable contribution ....

China - didn't have to begin from scratch ...they got readymade Russian , technology , amchines , expertise , designs ready made during Sino -Soviet Friendship era that lasted from 1945-1961 . China was poor , illiterate , starving third world country during this period . Without Soviet help it was impossible for China to Test rockets , missiles and nukes in 1950s-60s era itself ....

Thus China totally owes credit for helping it in era of Nuclear , Space, Missile technology to Soviet Russia alone ....

In fact Russia carried Chinese Mars orbiter along with its Phobos Grunt mission ...
China does not have launch vehicle as of today to embark upon mars mission ...
Russia had been magnanimous to you to accord that privilege ...

This is enough to surmise that Russia has helped China immensely in its past and also in its present immensely ....

You will deny many of the facts mentioned above. Your countrymen like Biejingwalker maintained tacit silence because they are aware of these facts ....

I know you reaction.....you will say all this is utter lies ...
well blame it on CCP if they didn't tell you all these facts ....

I am open to answer all your questions if you have any

Even if now you continue to deny Russia's role in crafting destiny of your country ...
would say you are the most ungrateful person to deny the credit that you need to give your friendly neighbor Russia .

China owes a lot to Russia ! I standby my statement

22O soviet experts sent to China along with Liu Shaoqi under Kovaleve leadership on August 14 , 1950 .
With task of aiding in Industrialiasation

More than 600 developemental aid workers in China since 1948 .
March 1952: 332 advisers , 471 technical experts

In september 1953 Zou enlai asked for additional 172 experts to Molotov 655

Chinese wishlish to Soviets- rolling mills, steam turbines ,
Total vaue of Aid in 1949 – US 31.3 million $ of which 8.5million $ for rails and related equipmrnts
Aid in 1950- aircrafts and artillery pieces worth 26.5 million $ delivered on september 16
Rail equipment worth 6.3 millions delivered on November 5 .

Soviet Union and Communist China – 1945-1950: the Arduous road to Alliance Author Dieter Heinzig

The Soviet Union and Communist China, 1945-1950: The Arduous Road to the ... - Dieter Heinzig - Google Books

Qian Xuesen Cold war spy( father of China's missile and space program ) was deported from the United States to China, he helped launch China’s early rocket and satellite program, with Soviet help until 1960.
[Source: Kerry Brown The Guardian, November 1, 2009]

In October 1996, Chinese astronauts trainees began spaceflight training in Moscow.
The Shenzhou is modeled after the Russian Soyuz crafts but had many improvements added such as electricity-generating solar panels that allow it to stay in space for weeks at a time.

China opened its first missile and rocket research center in 1956. In the 1950s, Qian Xuesen, an alleged Cold war spy, was deported from the United States to China, where he helped launch China’s early rocket and satellite program, with Soviet help until 1960. China developed its first rocket—the Long March—in the 1960s

The Soviets provided this model and provided all the trappings of it, including the model of the Academy of Soviet Sciences. The Soviet scientific system separated research from universities and placed the prerogative on regional research institutes.
The Soviets helped build 141 Chinese state enterprises that consisted of chemical industry development, electrical development, among many others. (see Wu and Sheeks, 187
With the Communist Revolution in 1949, the conduit of science and technology shifted to the Soviet Union, who was supposedly united with China by a common commitment to Marxist-Leninist ideology
During the early stages of Sino-Soviet cooperation the Chinese gleaned the Soviet system of education; received more than 45,000 research journals and titles from the Soviet Academy of Sciences; hosted thousands of Soviet advisers and professors who ‘advised’ the Chinese; and sent hundreds of students each year to the U.S.S.R to receive formal scientific training and education. Wu and Sheeks add to this by discussing the large heavy industrial investment the Soviets had in China as well. The Soviets promised to re-build (or build) 141 Chinese state enterprises that consisted of chemical industry development, electrical development, among many others. (see Wu and Sheeks, 187) The Soviets had also sent more than 10,000 sets of specifications to China by 1960. (Wu and Sheeks, 202)

Dear Indo-Guy

Yes, I stand by my words. First you claimed Russia helped China, then you changed it to ROC after some remark made by Beijingwalker. Are you not being slimy?

Second, you claimed Beijingwalker was on your side. Was he? He has replied in this thread and we know the truth. You are using my countryman against me, are you not slimy?

Last, but not least. I want to make clear to anyone reading this, I did not dispute the fact that we got help from Russia, but to say that we owe everything to the Russia is as valid as saying Japan owe everything to the Americans who assisted in their rebuilding after WW2. Many basic technology esp consumer products were from the US.
This is what I took issue with.

Shows your hypocrisy and mental bankruptcy

@ Fattyacids

You asked did they help us in nuclear ? missiles ?

And I have thrown enough proof on your face ....

throwing in oneliners when you ran out of any arguments?

Read the links I have posted thoroughly first.....if you can read ....

throwing in oneliners when you ran out of any arguments?

You have run out of arguments ......

I have thrown enough of material to support what I said earlier

I have proved how third world , poor , starving country like China in 1960's got lay hand on Nuclear, missile , space technology ...thanks to their Soviet godfathers

And hypocritical Chinese do not accept despite all facts and proofs

Dear Indo-Guy

Yes, I stand by my words. First you claimed Russia helped China, then you changed it to ROC after some remark made by Beijingwalker. Are you not being slimy?

Second, you claimed Beijingwalker was on your side. Was he? He has replied in this thread and we know the truth. You are using my countryman against me, are you not slimy?

Last, but not least. I want to make clear to anyone reading this, I did not dispute the fact that we got help from Russia, but to say that we owe everything to the Russia is as valid as saying Japan owe everything to the Americans who assisted in their rebuilding after WW2. Many basic technology esp consumer products were from the US.
This is what I took issue with.

Anybody who will read the full discussion would know ....who is slimy ...?

I have pricked your ego ....Your myth of being indigenous in Nuclear ,Missile and Space technology has been burst

whom else can I expect one Chinese to side with when it comes to argument between Indian and Chinese ?

Read the links I have posted thoroughly first.....if you can read ....

You have run out of arguments ......

I have thrown enough of material to support what I said earlier

I have proved how third world , poor , starving country like China in 1960's got lay hand on Nuclear, missile , space technology ...thanks to their Soviet godfathers

they helped PRC,yes,but that's not Chinese nation really needed.Chinese nation need economic development and prosperity.once you have those ,all those other thing..missiles,airplanes,spaceship..will all naturally come with it,that's why the best time for China's scientific and technological development started from after year 2000,after the country amassed enough wealth to dispose into their research,not in 1950s when PRC and USSR were brothers.Russians,for its own interest,set up a pro Russia government in China and tried to maintain it,that's agaisnt the interest of Chinese nation and greatly damaged China in many ways.

Your country man @fattyacid vehemently refused to accepted historic facts ....

He had imprudence of asking me whether Russians had helped in Chinese nuclear programme , missiles etc ....

He called me dodgy,slimy,shameless , liar.....and he attributed these to Indians .....

The truth is out ....Chinese are not saints ....
They also milked Soviets as much as possible....

There is nothing indigenous about Chinese nuclear programme ,Missile , Space programme

You guys are living in state of denial .....

I always maintained utmost decency in my discussion and see how your countryman resorted to name-calling !

all I am saying that you guys have been ungrateful to Russia ....

Russia helped PRC and Russia helped ROC....and continues to help even today....

Shows hypocrisy of your people to turn against their benefactors ....

when millions were dying of poverty....and china had no one.....only soviets helped your country

It's true Soviets had their own intentions but that does not belittle crucial help it gave,,,,

You guys got everything readymade on platter ....while being mollycoddled under garb of Soviet bloc...
Nukes, missiles, armament not only that but money , men ,machines required.....

You guys have been in denial of historic world known facts .....

You owe a lot to Russia ......

You may or may not accept it .....
But whole world knows it

Accept Mao was the greatest leader of your country .....
he launched a third word country like PRC to nuclear powered state totally with Soviet help .....

If you guys are going to deny PRC Foreign ministry archives ..... so be it

I have nothing more to say ...Let world judge you ...by the facts ......

You guys can't change the fact that Russia helped you then ....Russia helped you in 1990s again

and has been helping you all along in all crucial fields

You have been most ungrateful ....to Russia !!!

Yes the truth is out, it shows how dimwitted you are. This is not about historical facts, but rather interpretation of history. Your intellect equals to that of 16 years old. So a tutor came to help a poor kid when he was in elementary school, but they parted way after a fight. The kid then went on to high school, university and got his Phd. Now you are telling me that everything th kid had achieved, he owed it to the tutor??????????? Oh and he has to be eternally grateful?

Is there a better reason why ave Indian IQ is 82?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom