What's new

Some Superstitions in Pakistan

Not the part of Islam but still they are prevalent in our society.

@Jana
LoL look what's happening there ......You thought i copy pasted, i was browsing and found out that somebody ditto copied and pasted my post and some part of this thread yesterday somewhere else.......

Here is the link:

Some Superstitions in Subcontinent..

Who is that Geek guy??:angry:

:rofl:.......:D(I won't mind this.)

I had seen some where how these got entry in our minds and how the balochs,sindis , punjabis and pushtons got influenced by different cultures.Will share it if i seen it again.

Last edited:
I heard slight variations of the above.

- broken glass means an evil spirit was thwarted, i.e. good luck.
- walking over kids bad luck can be reversed by walking back over them :)
- spilt milk = bad luck; boiled over milk = good luck
- hiccup means someone is thinking of you

Its sneezing not hiccup ..... :rofl:

Its sneezing not hiccup ..... :rofl:

Yeah you are right ,but that's just rediculous to aasume any relationship between these two phenomena,you are sneezing due stimulation and irritation of mucus membrane and how you can relate it with somebody thinking about you.:lol:

If you artificially stimulate you can still sneeze........:lol:

I see most of the superstitions are found in Punjab and Hazara division and surely for obvious reasons.

We Pukhtuns dont carry much

I am afraid I have to disagree. One of the most superstitious friend I had was my hostel room mate from Mardan.

He use to hang three Taweez even in Germany:lol:

I am afraid I have to disagree. One of the most superstitious friend I had was my hostel room mate from Mardan.

He use to hang three Taweez even in Germany:lol:

Well these taweez things are not much related to superstitions rather most of us believe in superiority of divine texts isnt it ??

Anyway still we have far far far less examples of superstitions

hehehehehehehehehehehehe and i would wish the dentist to lose his teeth too

teeth se yaad aya...

yeh bachon keh jab b dant girthe the bare un ko kehte the kamre keh chattt par is ko rak do ya paink do ta keh next time tumhara bhai paida ho :rofl::rofl::rofl:

teeth se yaad aya...

yeh bachon keh jab b dant girthe the bare un ko kehte the kamre keh chattt par is ko rak do ya paink do ta keh next time tumhara bhai paida ho :rofl::rofl::rofl:

LoL LoL :lol:........... interesting.

ye mene pehle bar sunaa.:pop:

10- That opening the scissors and closing it without a reason causes family problems at home.Similar is the case with umbrella(like opening it inside the house.)

This one has to do more with beliefs on black magic and superstitious powers.

Now it's time to bust some medical myths..........:D

1-We use only of 10% of our Brains.......(or whatever the percentage.)

This is a real oldie that traces it's history almost back to 1907,but didn't originate as once believed with Albert Einstein.
Now that we know much more about Neuroscience than we did 100 years back.It can be said for sure that we use much more than the percentage said above....most of the BMJ researchers will agree with me.
Infact with high tech methods of studying the brain and neuronal activity,there is no area up in our brain that is identified as inactive.

I'll come with some other myths later on.....:)

Back
Top Bottom