What's new

Some Superstitions in Pakistan

I used to believe this one

If you see one sparrow something bad will happen, you must cancel its effect by making some-one else see it

If you see 2, something good will happen

If you see 3 you will hear a news

Reason i believed this was i saw 1 sparrow on the day my result was announced :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

actually u r bound to be affected by your thoughts esp. persistant ones..i read a lot about this sometime back...if u believe in these, u ll automatically relate ur perceptions with the incidents n ur belief ll get stronger..dont bother n nothing happens..
i ve experimented some of these..lol my left eye was blinking yesterday but my result isnt out yet :lol::lol:

:what: dont be denial mode . I havent seen much of these which are so far posted. NOT even the black cat one lolzzz we never believed in that.

Not even the milk intake after eating fish bwahahahah i had been having both at simultaneously so are other fellows here in my province.

But i have seen our relatives and friends in Punjab and Hazara division having such silly rather more superstitions and seriously almost all of them are prevalent in India

:what: dont be denial mode . I havent seen much of these which are so far posted. NOT even the black cat one lolzzz we never believed in that.

Not even the milk intake after eating fish bwahahahah i had been having both at simultaneously so are other fellows here in my province.

But i have seen our relatives and friends in Punjab and Hazara division having such silly rather more superstitions and seriously almost all of them are prevalent in India
these have prevailed obviously but primarily the older ones plus the illiterate circles believe in these..i dont think the educated masses believe in these even in punjab now..

I think black cat one isn't in Pakistan either.

Of course, we have some other useless superstitions.

*door slams* IT'S A JINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I believe in Jinns as I believe in Islam, but every man and his dog isn't the result of a jinn.

chalo g hum ney man liya. Khus??? :angel:

But some people cant represent a province like Punjab :no:

In India too, Deja Vu except (4), toota hua kaanch is considered an omen of bad luck,

I dont know about this superstition but there is a hadith which narrates that Our Last Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has asked Muslims NOT to drink or eat in broken utensils because these carry health risks due to germs

chalo g hum ney man liya. Khus??? :angel:

But some people cant represent a province like Punjab :no:

It is not about Punjab Vs others or vise versa.

You failed to understand many factors behind presence of such superstitions in specific areas of Pakistan.

Ah, come on, the last thing we need is how some parts of Pakistan are less superstitious than others...

Ah, come on, the last thing we need is how some parts of Pakistan are less superstitious than others...

Yes why not. Its helps in understanding that why some areas have influence from other cultures. This also helps to understand how can these superstitions eliminated.

Apart from the bold ones. The other ones sound some western superstitions. I have never heard of these i dont know if your part of the country people believe in it.

As far as Jaman is concerned its a fruit and many health benefits are related to fruits so its not superstition

I guess u copy pasted the stuff from somewhere

I knew some more superstitions about the medical stuff but posted the ones i thought are appropriate........and this isn't a copy paste.I just focused on the ones that exist in our society and i have listened people talking about it......Jamun is good for health but it's role is diabetes treatment is considered the biggest joke in the field of medicine.Jamboline role as in resisting convertion of starch to glucose and it's effects on pancreas couldn't be proved scientifically because nothing like this exists,(jamun seeds are tested these days let's see how much we can get out of it:P).....Otherwise people won't be taking insulin ,and secretagogues now a days.

Karela (Bitter Gourd) is showing some optimistic results so i never mentioned that.

For some more Medical superstitions.

Link: http://www.jpma.org.pk/full_article_text.php?article_id=2369

Last edited:
If you dream of losing a teeth,one of your friends/family members will die in the coming day.Have anyone experienced that?

If you dream of losing a teeth,one of your friends/family members will die in the coming day.Have anyone experienced that?

In Pakistan although it's not that common i guess but once a relative told me that if something like this happens it's a good sign and indicates that the person is getting mature.

And another one if you dream of falling the roof top of a building, it shows that you will face hurdles in your future life,and things will become difficult to tackle.(A friend was talking about it.)

I don't believe in any such superstitions

I believe, If you sleep in the night and you are not dead
You will wake up next morning

Thats the truth i only know

Back
Top Bottom