What's new

Some rare and old pictures from 1965 war

I read somewhere (US official) said regarding 1965 war

"I STILL FAILED TO UNDERSTAND WHY NOT PAKISTAN ARMY CAPTURE DELHI" I read this statement in many magazines and articles of International officials i don't know what they trying to tell... Can anyone explain?

Firstly, ' read somewhere' is among the vaguest attempts to put words in one's own mouth. It amounts to making a cliam for which the maker does not wish to take responsibility.

Next , as regards the claim, pls go thru this link, its from a Pak source. After the bungling in lower J&K it took only an Indian thrust towards Lahore to make all of Pak forces to recoil and move south.

Grand Slam - A Battle of Lost Opportunities

Reaching Delhi was out of the question when the future of Lahore was at stake.

This subject has been discussed endlessly and now the 6 Sept in a day away such patriotic rants are expected.

An old computer game I had call "A century of warfare" had this war on it. So those who think they could have done better than the generals of the day can give it a shot.

I fail to understand how can Pakistan thinh it won 1965 war..

when It was busy trying to save lahore when ceasefire was called...really pathetic propaganda!

:lol:

We 'forced' SEVEN TIMES larger nation to sign the agreement of stalemate with us! Pakistan Army captured strategic towns like Khem Kharan , strategic communication lines like Muna Bao railway station , and other territory. Indians , though much larger in force , were forced to retreat from Lahore. Your Generals bragged about having meal in Lahore Gym Khana...while you were defeated still 14.2 miles away from Lahore. So your mega army couldn't even enter Lahore main city...

Remember the call "Lahore is still 14 bloody miles away!" ?

images

Our PAF just badly battered your poor IAF .... Your navy didn't even come out from their holes...Pakistan Navy went into Indian waters , and bombed the crap outa Dwarka!

What happened when you faced your 'equals' , the Chinese? You were butt-r@ped.... but when we faced not equals but SEVEN TIMES larger enemy , we did pretty well and forced that enemy to run-back with tails in its legs...

Your media called the Tashkent agreement as "giving a walkover to Pakistan" :azn:

So that is why we celebrate the defense day.... problem?

Just wanted to share what Md. Akmal wrote in another thread
@ In those days we the Bengalees in West Pakistan were in better position. In the classes we could easily dominate. Our pronouncation both Urdu and English were exellent. People used to take extra care about us. After the war of Lahore(1965), our prestige was elevated in Lahore. Whenever while coming to East Pakistan once we went for marketing at Lahore market and if some could smell that we are Bengalee you had it. They will look at your face, they will look as if you are a beautiful lady standing infront of him. They will have so much of respect for the Bengalee people which cannot be expressed in words. The reason was that during the 65 war there was one east Bengal Regiment located at Lahore sector and they fought with the Indian Army. All the common people of Lahore had the feeling that it was for this Bengali troops that Punjab was saved. I am telling you literally they never took money from us whatever may be the amount. They just will look at you and politely will say," Ap log mashreki Pakistan ke rehene warle hai na", "Ji, qui koi problem", "nai, nai koi bat nahi, ap log kia khaiyen ge, thanda yia garam".

A Pakistan Army jeep with a recoilless rifle on top in a defensive position. The trench is interconnected with others on the side that are partially covered with trampalines - 'Rann of Kutch' crisis 1965.
rannofkutchpakjeeptrench.jpg
This pic made me ROFL!! An rcl mounted on a jeep is supposed to be mobile using shoot and scoot tactics. But this one's dug in so deep in sand, it can't ever hope to come out to occupy an alternative or secondary position after firing its first or second round! This goes against the very basics of rcl deployment! Sheeesh!

This pic made me ROFL!! An rcl mounted on a jeep is supposed to be mobile using shoot and scoot tactics. But this one's dug in so deep in sand, it can't ever hope to come out to occupy an alternative or secondary position after firing its first or second round! This goes against the very basics of rcl deployment! Sheeesh!

mr wise guy- Have you ever seen a MBT in a trench?- covered with a camoflag netting?-
I bet you hvn't-

mr wise guy- Have you ever seen a MBT in a trench?- covered with a camoflag netting?-
I bet you hvn't-
Saddam used this tactics against US ground army and inflicted heavy casualty! Only attack helicopters effectively destroyed those tanks!

A CnC wont simply visits the frontline... Khemkaran was turned into a stronghold :D

The first aerial engagement of 1965 war, which resulted in shooting down of all four IAF Vampires by two PAF F-86 Sabres, flown by S/L Sarfraz Rafiqui and F/L Imtiaz Bhatti.

PAF-thefirstcombat.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom