What's new

Soma Coal Mine Disaster | News and Discussion

SOMA POPULATION

-302 + ?

10313388_785116871532910_6086206316821882491_n.jpg

This Erdogan guy and his government has become extremely arrogant. I really hope they teach him a lesson in the elections.

If Erdogan bad guy why half of Turkish people still supporting him, just provocateurs attacking everwhere for show Government as criminals....

Just turn back main issues.

Our government gives our all efforts to save our people, they did their best, problem is that how this accident happenned we have to wait for expert reports...

If Erdogan bad guy why half of Turkish people still supporting him, just provocateurs attacking everwhere for show Government as criminals....

Just turn back main issues.

Our government gives our all efforts to save our people, they did their best, problem is that how this accident happenned we have to wait for expert reports...

Why was his adviser kicking the protestor ? How did the govt. react during those park protests a while back ? He seems to have become arrogant.

Anyway, I am not from Turkey, if you guys are okay with this , then well and good.

Government appointed prosecutors
Why was his adviser kicking the protestor ? How did the govt. react during those park protests a while back ? He seems to have become arrogant.

Anyway, I am not from Turkey, if you guys are okay with this , then well and good.

We dont know what happened there exaclty, they are know lots we can say only it was not true.

Big World Gamer play a game on our country we only aware of it and there are some suspicion about accident... lots of provocateur came there for making problem...

Soma disaster blatantly came, old report reveals

A four-year-old report that clearly warns of the life-threatening risks in the Soma mine has revealed the tragedy of the workers who were killed in the Soma mine was blatantly not “a usual incident in the mining sector.”

The “Work Accidents in Mines” report prepared by the Chamber of Architects and Engineers’ (TMMOB) in 2010 gave notice of the dangers in the mine, warned against the potential disasters and set out solution suggestions.

Soma disaster blatantly came, old report reveals - LABOR

n_66486_1.jpg

Last edited:
Heard that turkey has the worst safety at work in the world! True?

Erdogan shouts anti-Israeli slur at protester: report
Turkey’s PM faces fresh criticism over video footage that shows him yelling at angry demonstrators at mine disaster site

By Fulya Ozerkan May 16, 2014, 3:59 pm Updated: May 16, 2014, 4:19 pm

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan (photo credit: AFP/Adem Altan/File)

AFP — Turkey’s prime minister shouted an anti-Israel slur as he was mobbed by angry protesters at the site of a deadly mine blast this week, local media reported Friday.

“Why are you running away, Israeli spawn?” Recep Tayyip Erdogan is heard yelling at a protester in video footage circulated by the opposition Sozcu newspaper, using an expression considered a curse in Turkish.

In the footage that could not be authenticated, Erdogan is seen surrounded by angry protesters shouting and whistling at him as he visited the tragedy-hit town of Soma on Wednesday a day after the blast.

Some local media claimed Erdogan hit the protester in the commotion, but this was not clearly visible on the video, and was denied by the deputy chairman of his ruling party, Huseyin Celik.

The controversial new footage comes after photographs of Erdogan’s advisor Yusuf Erkel violently kicking a protester in Soma went viral on social media, sparking global outrage.

“I am sorry as I was not able to keep my calm in the face of all provocations, insults and attacks I was subjected to,” Yerkel told local media.

Celik said Friday that Yerkel had been attacked and wounded by the protester and had been signed off sick for seven days by a doctor

Erdogan’s government is under mounting pressure to contain fallout from the mine catastrophe that killed nearly 300 miners in the worst industrial accident in the country’s history.

Israel has offered to help in the search for miners feared trapped after the blast and President Shimon Peres sent his condolences to his Turkish counterpart Abdullah Gul.

Relations between Israel and Turkey have been strained since a 2010 Israeli commando raid on a Gaza-bound flotilla of aid ships left nine pro-Palestinian Turkish activists dead.

Last month, Erdogan said he was prepared to normalize ties with the Jewish state after counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu apologized for the deadly raid, in a breakthrough brokered by US President Barack Obama.

Turkey’s most popular leader, who has dominated politics for 11 years, is known for his angry outbursts at the Jewish state.

A staunch supporter of the Palestinian cause, he has often blasted Israel over its military assaults on the Gaza Strip, making him a popular figure on the Arab street.

Last year, Erdogan raised eyebrows when he compared Zionism to facism and anti-Semitism.

Read more: Erdogan shouts anti-Israeli slur at protester: report | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/erdogan-shouts-anti-israeli-slur-at-protester-report/#ixzz31tjTx6BO
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook

Back
Top Bottom