What's new

Smart phones | Selection advice, New releases, Concepts

Fact Iphone 4 came, Iphone 4S came, none of them were able to compete with Samsung Galaxy SII.

I'm awaiting SIII for my upgrade.

Android Apps are not good because there is varying hardware? This shows how much Iphone users need an education. Flash works upon a multi-platform environment, that means my app written in flash will run on all android phones, I have to do nothing to cater for special hardware requirements, if it supports the Flash platform, thats all I need. It will run on BB, it will run on Windows phones and so on.

If I'm a company that needs to sell my products through Smartphone Apps, I will need to hire a new developer for each phone? You can do anything with Android. Don't like HTC Sense? Make your own UI.

But there are Quality Android Phones HTC-Motorola-Samsung Why not mention that dear iSHEEP.

Stop calling Apple fans iSheep lol. :rofl: Personally I did my research when choosing the iPhone for myself, it suits my needs or requirements better than all the other mobile operating systems I have seen so far.

Of course some Android phones will be of good quality, but that's not the point is it. If there was only one Android device released at a time similar to the way iPhone releases are then I am certain no one would give a second glace at an Android phone. The thing is that the iPhone tries to target as many market segments as possible, whereas Android phones are released in massive numbers targeting different segments. This is what gives Android phones an edge over the iPhone.

Nonetheless the iPhone is still doing damn well even with all the massive competition from other manufacturers. That should make my point pretty clear, it's iOS's experience & awesome applications that attract consumers.

Apple’s iPhone Captures 31% Of Smartphone Market in US

comscore-iphone-market-share.jpg

lol notice iSHEEPS in the Ad.

IF you are arguing it fits your need I would Agree with you but if you are arguing Android OS-Smartphones sucks than you are damn wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fact Iphone 4 came, Iphone 4S came, none of them were able to compete with Samsung Galaxy SII.

I'm awaiting SIII for my upgrade.

Samsung Galaxy S2 sees record sales but still behind Apple

Despite the Galaxy S2’s awesome performance, it is dwarfed by that of the iPhone, which managed to sell more than 20 million devices in the 2nd quarter alone. On paper, the Galaxy S2 outclasses the iPhone 4 and may even outperform the iPhone 5. It is also one of the first phones to venture into the dual-core range (along with others including HTC and LG). However, what the Galaxy lacks is the smooth marketing skills that Apple has come to take for granted. In addition, Apple has managed to develop an unrivalled level of product integration and support services that make the iPhone a virtually hassle free device to operate.

Android Apps are not good because there is varying hardware? This shows how much Iphone users need an education.

Google itself is upset about the quality of Android apps, please refer to my previous posts. I did provide some links on the topic. Here is an article to educate you.

The sorry state of Android hardware fragmentation

Summary: There’s a bigger problem facing Android, and one that has an even greater negative effect on developers than operating system fragmentation: device fragmentation.

When we talk about Android fragmentation, as a rule we’re talking about the shocking number of operating system versions that are in use at any one time, and how users are slow - not through their own fault - to adopt the latest and greatest release.

But there’s a bigger problem facing Android, and one that has an even greater negative effect on developers than operating system fragmentation - device fragmentation.

How bad is the problem? Here’s a conversation on Twitter between Natalia Luckyanova, co-founder of indie iPhone development company Imangi, and David Smith, an independent iPhone developer:

01-04-2012-17-20-13.jpg

By comparison, with 8 to 10 different iOS devices, Smith says he can cover 100 percent of iOS users. To do the same with Android he would need thousands of test devices, and then test the software across all devices and platforms - an impossible task.

The Android fragmentation is seriously affecting developers. It’s bumping up support costs and low reviews for the app from dissatisfied customers. Unhappy customers posting negative reviews because of hardware compatibility issues can be lethal for an app, even when the developer is not to blame for the problem.

Flash works upon a multi-platform environment, that means my app written in flash will run on all android phones, I have to do nothing to cater for special hardware requirements, if it supports the Flash platform, thats all I need. It will run on BB, it will run on Windows phones and so on.

If I'm a company that needs to sell my products through Smartphone Apps, I will need to hire a new developer for each phone?

I mentioned earlier & provided a link that states that flash support for Android is going to stop soon. This supposed benefit Android has will vanish soon when HTML 5 begins to gain dominance. My sources discussing how much developers prefer iOS over Android for development should be enough for a response.

For those who desperately require flash on iOS can jailbreak their phones & install it then.

This quote is from a blog:

Android has flash; too bad it's been replaced by the cleaner, faster HTML-5 used on the iPhone 4. I can't think of one website that I'd actually go to to implement Adobe Flash Player. Yeah there's flash games, but who the hell would play flash games on a mobile phone, when you have App Store with games everywhere? I mean, an Android user might need flash because all the App Market games suck (I can name one good Android game: Angry Birds), but an iPhone user has a plentiful amount of games sitting right in front of them self, as do I. If an iPhone user REALLY needed flash, then just download SkyFire web browser, which supports all flash content, it's not that big of a deal. There's also iSwift, a brand new app in App Store which can play flash games. If someone is crazy about flash and absolutely NEEDS it, download Flash ported to iPhone then (titled Frash in Cydia). It doesn't work in 4.2.6 simply because there's no demand for it; Flash is dead!

Anything, Everything, Tech.: 6 Reasons Why Android Sucks.

You can do anything with Android. Don't like HTC Sense? Make your own UI.

:woot: Are you really suggesting that regular consumers start developing their own interfaces? :rofl: It's the manufacturers's job to provide us with good interfaces to begin with, I didn't pay so much for my device so that I could create my own interface lol.

IF you are arguing it fits your need I would Agree with you but if you are arguing Android OS-Smartphones sucks than you are damn wrong.

I am not wrong, Android sucks compared to iOS. At least I am trying to make some good points via the use of credible sources. All I got from Android fans were insults.

Interesting concept !! Note : This is not real, edited.

Haha, here is a cool Siri video:

Siri Commercial Parody - CollegeHumor Video

Flash support for Android is not vanishing, I am a flash developer, real business apps developer, not some flash gimmicks, so I know things. Flash (i.e. Adobe) itself is moving towards HTML5 for the sake of unifying platforms.

We still don't know what sort of support Iphone 5 will have for HTML5, whereas Android has full featured Flash already in it. I can make full featured apps that can be later converted to HTML5 as well easily.

Android is not just beating IOS, its miles ahead of it in technology.

edit: mistake
--------------

Android has already beaten IOS for business users like myself. IOS is good for gaming only but Android is catching up very fast... The browsing experience you get in Android cannot be competed with IOS... The softwares android is offering these days simply cant be matched by IOS...

I used iphone 3g, 3gs, 4 and bought 4s as soon as it was launched in the market but none of these products ever competed with my galaxy s2 experience.. now i have galaxy note that is 5.3 inches screen size and iphone 4s looks 8 year old baby's product in front of this handset so I gifted 4s to somebody else.

Now only survival for iphone is to produce screen size above 4.3 inches and hopefully 4.7 inches to even compete with android experience... iphone ka naam zayada hai lakin android ne iphone ko naa sirf compete kiya hai balke bohat si cheezon main aage niqal gaya hai

Flash support for Android is not vanishing, I am a flash developer, real business apps developer, not some flash gimmicks, so I know things. Flash (i.e. Adobe) itself is moving towards HTML5 for the sake of unifying platforms.

We still don't know what sort of support Iphone 5 will have for HTML5, whereas Android has full featured Flash already in it. I can make full featured apps that can be later converted to HTML5 as well easily.

Once HTML 5 becomes the new standard then this complaint against iOS can hopefully be put to rest.

Android is not just beating IOS, its miles ahead of it in technology.

As I backed my points with references, you have not done so. Anyone can claim their platform of choice is miles ahead but I am quite certain that iOS is better in many things compared to Android.

There are lots of flaws in Android, such as the lag in the user interface.

Is Android Doomed to Lag More than iOS? | Techland | TIME.com

Ever wonder why Android devices can seem a mite sluggish when manipulating the user interface, where Apple’s iOS-based mobile interface responds like a coiled spring, just waiting for your fingertips to brush its glass surface before leaping into action?

There’s a reason, says software engineering student and ex-Google intern Andrew Munn on his Google+ blog: Android was built to lag, and there’s little Google can do about it.

Android has already beaten IOS for business users like myself. IOS is good for gaming only but Android is catching up very fast... The browsing experience you get in Android cannot be competed with IOS... The softwares android is offering these days simply cant be matched by IOS...

I used iphone 3g, 3gs, 4 and bought 4s as soon as it was launched in the market but none of these products ever competed with my galaxy s2 experience.. now i have galaxy note that is 5.3 inches screen size and iphone 4s looks 8 year old baby's product in front of this handset so I gifted 4s to somebody else.

Now only survival for iphone is to produce screen size above 4.3 inches and hopefully 4.7 inches to even compete with android experience... iphone ka naam zayada hai lakin android ne iphone ko naa sirf compete kiya hai balke bohat si cheezon main aage niqal gaya hai

All people are free to use their platform of choice, I have no problems with people preferring Android over iOS. You should naturally use whatever is best for you. I made this thread simply for discussing the next generation iPhone. Unfortunately some members have turned in to a competition so I have had no other choice but to respond to them.

Screen size is a personal preference, in my opinion a screen size between 3.5 to 4 inches is more than enough for most people. Apple can't possible produce an iPhone with the screen size of the Galaxy Note, the vast majority of the people aren't willing to carry a device that big with them at all times.

I disagree with another assertion that the iPhone is only good for gaming. The iPhone is probably the best device for most multimedia functions if not all. Initially there was less adoption of iOS in the enterprise sector, but that is slowly changing.

Apple preferred over Android in enterprise adoption

Here is a quote from the article:

In terms of individual devices, the iPhone 4S was the most popular enterprise device on the quarter, accounting for 37 percent of all mobile device activations. The latest version of the iPhone was followed by the iPad 2 (17.7 percent of activations), the iPhone 4 (15.2 percent of activations) and the newest iPad (4.3 percent of activations). Good noted that the new iPad would likely have had a bigger impact on the enterprise market for the quarter if it had been released earlier than March, where it accounted for more than 12 percent of all device activations on the month.

The Motorola Droid, the Samsung Galaxy S II, the Google Nexus and the Sprint Evo 4G were the only Android devices to make the top 10 list of most-activated enterprise devices on the quarter and each of those devices accounted for less than 2 percent of all activations.

Apple has long been seen as the heir to BlackBerry's claim as the top device for enterprise users. A report released late last year by iPass found that iPhones accounted for 45 percent of all mobile devices in the enterprise while BlackBerry devices accounted for 32.2 percent. That survey found that Android-based devices accounted for 21 percent of all devices used in the enterprise.

iphone haters will never know how good a iPhone or apple products are, until they ever own one.

I have used both. And I would go for Android anyday.

Apple is for people not good so good with technology as its' more user friendly.

Android has more features and is open system.

Ask ANY computer engineer they'd prefer Android over Iphone.

Iphone users are like this

iPhone-Diorama.jpg

Check out this stunning holographic iPhone concept [video]

Us folks at iDownloadBlog love conceptual gadget artwork as much as you do, especially gorgeous, believable renditions like a Liquidmetal-based iPhone 5. But every once in a while an out-of-this-world artwork surfaces that gives us all a pause. Take this exceptional depiction of a candy colored 3D town coming to life from the screen of an iPhone.

It’s amazing and trust me when I say it shouldn’t be missed. This is what a holographic iPhone might be like, though that’s not to say it’s going to happen anytime soon. But hey, with a little help from creative artists we can easily imagine what the future might hold some day…

The clip below is the work of one Mike Ko (via Dvice), a Los Angeles-based 3D artist. He calls it the iPhone Diorama and a brief glance is enough to appreciate his elaborate attention to detail in designing and bringing the scene to life.

Please see the video on the actual webpage itself, it's really amazing.

Part of his graduation project from Otis College of Art & Design, the clip was created using Maya, After Effects and Pftrack.

It took around three months to complete (footage was shot with a Canon T2i).

I wish Ko lands a gig with Pixar or something.

His 3D skills are exceptional and I think he’s way too creative too waste talent designing boring 3D office buildings.

Did this concept animation make your day?

**********​

In my opinion this holographic iPhone concept was amazing. I see a lot of potential in it, especially in the navigation department or perhaps a holographic application that mimics Google Earth. Let's hope Apple can turn this in to a reality. :D

For those of you who think that Apple products are for those who aren't good with technology, all I have to say is you are dead wrong! I consider my self pretty good with technology, it just so happens that I desire a trouble free experience with my personal gadgets & Apple provides me with just that.

original.jpg

iLounge Says This Is What the Next iPhone Looks Like

Do you have your heart set on a 3.5-inch iPhone? Too bad, says iLounge, which claims Apple's next handset will sport a 4-inch display and a metallic body. Let's snort some rumor lines!

As you can see in iLounge's mockup, the purported design will look much like current iMacs—silver aluminum framed by black glass. It looks gorgeous on a desktop, so we don't doubt Apple can replicate the Star Trek chic look on something much smaller. It also makes great practical sense, as it'd make the new iPhones a lot less shatter-prone.

newiphonethin_1.jpg

But that screen! That four inch screen! It'd mean an entirely new aspect ratio, with the addition of new pixels at the top and bottom—which would be an adjustment for apps and those who make 'em, as well as us. We're still keen on the 3.5-inch feel, but bigger and bigger is clearly the way the tides are shifting these days. It... might... be... inevitable.

Extra bonus speculation!

20% thinner body
Use of tougher Gorilla Glass 2 (fewer broken phones! Still, don't drop yours in a toilet!)
A smaller dock connector for some reason! If it's not Thunderbolt this is pointless and infuriating!
Again: iLounge is mum on the origin of these speculated specs, but the people over there tend to be on the less horribly unreliable side of the rumor spectrum. And, more importantly, nothing they're reporting is that nuts—as much as Jobs' coffin will rattle if the company enters the Android screen size arms race.

**********​

Here is an off topic post about BlackBerry 10.

BlackBerry 10 Preview: RIM Releases Alpha Version Of New, Potentially Company-Saving OS (PHOTOS, VIDEO)

BlackBerry 10 Sneak Peek from the BlackBerry World 2012 Keynote

Why IOS apps are better than Android
Why iOS Apps Look Better Than Android Apps | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

So far Android lovers haven't been able to put across any thing substantial, that would prove that Android is better than IOS, all they have to share are their conjectures and that too without ever using IOS. I am using both Android and IOS and for obvious reasons i have to say that Android is choking on dust trail, which IOS has left behind. Android lovers are like die hard Toyotta Corolla fans, who out of their ignorance, always say ''Guddi tay XLI aye'' without realizing that it's a 1300 cc engine in a huge body, same goes for Android phones, Apples processors are way more powerful than anything that Android fones can offer on a fone that is as heavy and has the size of a ''ITT''
For those who donot know what an ITT is :rofl:
single-brick.jpg

BTW Galaxy note is even bigger than an ITT :P

I will never buy a Samsung phone(and possibly android phone) again, since they refuse to roll out ICS update for Galaxy S and made it a big bloatware.

What's the point of spending 20+k INR on a phone that becomes obsolete in a year. F**king Aholes.

Back
Top Bottom