What's new

Six million preventable child deaths - the biggest child rights violation...a silent

Status
Not open for further replies.
More lying, you posted this in response to MY post, and no way can it be construed taht you wanna 'convince' someone.

He raised the issue first, saying gov may listen it and I will be executed.

I am just waiting for the mods to take action. I expect a fair moderation and banishment.

好了,该散场了

我好象记得有份人种IQ评估的报告,里面对印度人的IQ评价不高……现在一看,还真名副其实啊:rofl::rofl:

最可笑的是那个SUPER-STAR,居然自己承认印度没人类:rofl:——>:cry:,肚子受不料了。

本来想说:草你M的也不一定是你爸,后来想想,依靠印度人的IQ恐怕难于理解,算了,今天不玩了。:D

Helping Delhi's 'untouchable' child beggars - RT Top Stories

Hardly anyone is willing to help Indian child beggars, or wants to touch them, but a group of volunteers goes into the streets of Delhi to make these children feel wanted.

A large city can be cruel to children who are dirty, half naked, begging, and grow up on the streets as 'untouchables.'

People may part with money to feed, clothe, or educate them, but nobody seems to want to touch them.

And if they do happen to touch some of the well-heeled, the consequences can be severe.

Former street child Pintu Kumar says “I used to have many friends who used to also beg. If we ever even touched anyone, they would get very angry, and tell us that they would complain to the police. Sometimes complaints were made with the Police, and the Police used to beat us.”

To make the children feel wanted, and ease the pain of being shunned, a group of volunteers, called 'Catalyst,' come together every Saturday afternoon, and play with these street kids.

They believe they're fulfilling an important emotional gap that other charities have overlooked.

“It is highly important, highly significant, that children receive touch,” says volunteer Heather Pechtel, who is a professional baker. “It builds their self-esteem; it lets them know that they are loved, and that gives them the courage to follow an example of an older adult into a better life.”

Pintu Kumar is one success story. After a few years, he gained the courage to get training, and is now working in a bakery. He now takes time out as a volunteer himself.

But one of the organization's challenges is to find more willing to help out.

Playing with the children is a barrier that most find difficult to overcome.

“They get the feeling as if some dirt has come, and got stuck on their clothes,” Kumar says.

Strict laws aim to protect children from pedophiles, and physical contact with a child in the absence of a parent could lead to criminal charges.

'Catalyst' ensures meetings take place in public, and safeguards are in place for the volunteers and the children.

“We still need to be careful about these children because some people might take advantage of them being vulnerable,” says the director of 'Catalyst,' Abhishek Gier.

“So we have a child protection policy, which we share with all the volunteers who come with us, so that they know what are their limits and boundaries.”

Heather Pechtel says not just the children benefit. “You don’t need to speak Hindi perfectly, or you don’t need to be able to relate to them on their level as children perfectly, you just need to interact with them, and show them love and specialness; and it’s always beautiful to walk in, and know that they want to be with you, too.”

Catalysts say that children, irrespective of background, want affection and time, not money.

Helping Delhi's 'untouchable' child beggars - RT Top Stories

23 Million people 'Stand Up' against poverty in India — asiapacific.endpoverty2015.org

This will be the first step to stand up "Extreme Poverty" inorder to

reduce the "Child Deaths" in India.

SPEAK UP FOR THE "CHILDREN OF INDIA"

22 October 2009
In India 23 million people stood up and took action in the world's largest anti-poverty mobilization last week. The global campaign, organized by the UN Millennium Campaign, is a reminder to governments to eradicate poverty and achieve the MDGs.

More than 173 million people gathered at over 3,000 events in more than 120 countries worldwide

Asia Pacific saw 101 million people Standing Up, with India setting a record by reaching the 23 million mark – up by 14 million of last year

Guinness World Records has certified this, fourth year in a row, as the largest mobilization of human beings in recorded history, an increase of about 57 million people over last year

New Delhi, October 22, 2009: A Guinness World Record was broken this weekend when 173 million citizens gathered at over 3,000 events in more than 120 countries, demanding that their governments eradicate extreme poverty and achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). "Stand Up, Take Action, End Poverty Now!", now in its fourth year, has been certified by Guinness World Records as the largest mobilization of human beings in recorded history.

In India 23 million people showed solidarity and participated in the campaign; this is up by 14 million of last year.

Supriya Sule, Member of Parliament and Chairperson, Parliamentarians’ Group on Millennium Development Goals said, "I believe that we must all work towards ensuring that a stop is put to the number of infant deaths every year. The underlying factors of poverty, lack of proper access to healthcare, lack of nutrition security, proper sanitation and clean drinking water need to be addressed if these grave human rights violations are to be put an end to."

"Poverty alleviation measures in all parts of the world are often fraught with challenges ranging from issues as diverse as the financial crisis to an earthquake. It is a question of being able to retain our will and optimism to overcome these hindrances. In India effective and deeply thought policy measures have been instituted and substantial budget allocations made for social sector schemes. This demonstrates the commitment of the Indian government towards the promise made at the United Nations in 2000 and more importantly to the people of this country. The millions Stood Up this weekend have demonstrated the need for urgent action," said Salil Shetty, Director of the United Nations Millennium Campaign.

"The purpose of this massive mobilization from India is to deepen and enhance accountability of governance from local to the national level. The current government has taken the right steps by making education a fundamental right, ensuring employment under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) and introducing the Right to Information Act which is being used extensively by citizens across the country.
"The challenge that lies ahead of us is to translate progressive policy and legislation to real goods and services for women and the socially excluded and marginalized. Our aim should now be to accelerate the achievement of MDGs on ground and encourage local monitoring initiatives. The Nine is Mine initiative led by Wada Na Todo Abhiyan, to conduct citizens audit in parliamentary constituencies is a right step in this direction," said Minar Pimple, Deputy Director and Head of Asia and Pacific, United Nations Millennium Campaign.

The mobilization was organized globally by the United Nations Millennium Campaign, in partnership with a range of organizations including the Global Call to Action Against Poverty (GCAP).
:smitten::pakistan::china:

I have heard that india is going to break all world records on child sexual abuse...

Very bad... india is very bad... a medieval feudal country full of crimes... yak...
:frown:

I guess this the first post that started it all. Reported for intentionally spreading hatered, starting flamming and derailing the discussion.

I am just waiting for the mods to take action. I expect a fair moderation and banishment.

Not just waiting, while waiting you are thanking feifake's abusive posts :)

Priceless man :)

I hope mods take action against you for faking identity.

So you are saying the chinese govt executes people for convincing people?

Either you guys will stay on this forum or me.

Just wait. If there is no action taken by mods, I will make replies you deserve.

Lets see when mods come and what they do.

好了,该散场了

我好象记得有份人种IQ评估的报告,里面对印度人的IQ评价不高……现在一看,还真名副其实啊:rofl::rofl:

最可笑的是那个SUPER-STAR,居然自己承认印度没人类:rofl:——>:cry:,肚子受不料了。

本来想说:草你M的也不一定是你爸,后来想想,依靠印度人的IQ恐怕难于理解,算了,今天不玩了。:D

So Indians have low IQ's...hummm, this would be a racial comment....Communist it would only be fair if you took the honor of reporting him.

wait you thanked him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom