What's new

Six million preventable child deaths - the biggest child rights violation...a silent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinese don't have any hunger/food problem because they eat everything. Any animals, grass whatever you can name it they will eat.
May be thats the reason chinese children don't get sick. BTW please supply good milk to you kids. no lead toys to play.

It is not case for majority of india. remember Tiger will not eat grass even if hungry!!

if u think that can help then please do me a favor to tell those starving children start eating everything NOW!

Children

Children in Idia

What happens when a country of the size of India has over 3 million children living on the streets? Or has over 150 million children working as bonded labourers? Or one out of every six girl child does not live to see her 15th birthday? What happens when despite having a national policy for compulsory primary education, only 50% of children have access to education?

The statement "Children are the future of the nation" stops making sense, then! In fact, it sounds like an ominous prophecy. For how can we explain that even after 60 years of independence, half of India's children are illiterate? Despite identifying primary education as a key thrust area and possessing one of the largest networks of schools in the world?

Clearly, we have a lot to answer for. And as concerned citizens do something about it; something meaningful, something concrete, something urgently. No more do we have the luxury of blaming the system or postponing our actions. The time to take collective as well as individual responsibility to remedy the present situation is here. Right now! And also we need many more Smiles to cater to the vast (increasing) number of children in our country's population.
:smitten::pakistan::china:

if u think that can help then please do me a favior to tell those starving children start eating everything NOW!

He understands action not words.

Posting racist comments and threatening members, hiding behind a computer.

He understands action not words.

Posting racist comments and threatening members, hiding behind a computer.

What are you doing?? posting all racist comments. You guys are bad mouthing about India in all the thread irrespective of the topic.

I have not seen a single positive or constructive comments in the PDF. If I happen to be missed, please let me know.

India's child death rate highest in the world: Report

Savita Verma
05 October 2009

India has made little progress in controlling child mortality, according to international child right group Save the Children. Its new report to be released today says two million children die below the age of five in India annually.

New Delhi: If the future of a country is its children, India has serious cause for concern. Two million children below the age of five die every year in India, giving it the dubious distinction of being the country with the highest number of such deaths.

The shocking statistics have been compiled by Save the Children, a child rights group, in a report being released on Monday.

The report says over 400,000 of our newborns die within 24 hours of birth, again the highest figure in the world.

Globally, this figure is two million. India accounts for one-fifth of newborn deaths, those dying within a month of birth, and also has one-third of the world’s undernourished children.

In short, despite its commendable economic growth in the past decade, the country has made little progress in controlling child mortality.

“Nearly a decade of high economic growth has not translated into improved healthcare and nutrition for the majority of children,” the report says.

This is when these deaths could be easily prevented with low-cost interventions.

The child mortality rate – the number of deaths in every 1,000 children below five years of age – in India was 117 in 1990.

In 2007, this number had gone down to 72. The country’s Millennium Development Goals (MDG) target for 2015 is 38.

While our average annual rate of reduction in child mortality is only 2.9, it has to be 7.6 if the MDG is to be attained.

According to the report, India’s child mortality rate is worse than that of its less developed neighbours – Bangladesh’s rate is 61 while Sri Lanka’s is 21.

Not surprisingly, these rates are not the same within India. There are huge differences among various states, income groups, tribal groups and castes.

For example, the under-five mortality rate in Kerala is 16 per 1,000 live births. It is 20 in Goa; 96 in Uttar Pradesh; 94 in Madhya Pradesh; and 85 in Rajasthan.

Across the country, the under-five mortality rate for those earning the lowest is 92, while it is 33 among the highest earners.

According to a paper published in the Institute of Development Studies Bulletin, child mortality rates among the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes are 33 to 100% higher than in other categories.

While the mortality rate of children under five years of age is 88.1 for SCs, 95.7 for STs and 72.8 for OBCs, it is 59.2 for other castes.

Fortunately, these deaths are not random events beyond control. “To a great extent, they are the outcome of policy and political choices,” the report says.

The fact that India ranks 171 out of 175 countries in the world in public health spending speaks for itself.

“Poor countries such as Nepal, Bangladesh, Peru and the Philippines that are on track to meet the MDG target explode the myth that the costs of reducing newborn and child mortality are high. In India, Maharashtra has shown low-cost home-based childcare could reduce neonatal mortality by up to 70%,” Thomas Chandy, chief executive officer, Save the Children, said.

The global economic and food crises are also affecting children’s survival.

A.M. Khan, professor of social sciences at the National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, said India was far behind in almost all health indices such as maternal mortality and total fertility rate. But within the country, there is a North-South divide. Two-three states in the North are polluting the entire statistics, he said.

:smitten::pakistan::china:

There are so many racist dirts in society.

We need to remove them one by one. I am ready to sacrifice my useless life to remove a single racist dirt. I will be happy before dying with the knowledge that at least I have done something significant to the society. My life was not worthless. I am damn serious.

We the present generation youth should eliminate racist elements from society.

:)

Nice thread. Its better than posting this in all china related thread. Now you can post all this here and actually contribute positively in china related threads.

Thanks thread starter.

There are so many racist dirts in society.

We need to remove them one by one. I am ready to sacrifice my useless life to remove a single racist dirt. I will be happy before dying with the knowledge that at least I have done something significant to the society. My life was not worthless. I am damn serious.

We the present generation youth should eliminate racist elements from society.

You were banned last time by Agnostic Muslim for making racist comments.

You know what to do next :)

You were banned last time by Agnostic Muslim for making racist comments.

You know what to do next :)

That is why I am ready to get death sentence if I need to eliminate a racist element from society.

And watch your own fellow super_star's post... Dont lecture me.

Chinese don't have any hunger/food problem because they eat everything. Any animals, grass whatever you can name it they will eat.
May be thats the reason chinese children don't get sick. BTW please supply good milk to you kids. no lead toys to play.

It is not case for majority of india. remember Tiger will not eat grass even if hungry!!

Just see what this indian poster posted.

Actually I should not say indian poster... because racists do not belong to any nation.

That is why I am ready to get death sentence if I need to eliminate a racist element from society.

And watch your own fellow super_star's post... Dont lecture me.

I'n not lecturing you, since you are a self admitted racist, you have no right to make melodramatic comments on racism. Besides you are a chinese but you for ayear pretended to be an indian and made racist comments about indians and got away with it, hene you are a cowardly racist. Atleast superstar is not pretending ot be a chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom