What's new

Similarities between the founding of Israel and Pakistan

Israel is the only country in Middle East which does NOT deprive any of its citizens of their fundamental rights.
What a joke....

This thread is stupid, Pakistanis were native to their land. Israelis are European Jewish immigrants.
And African and Mideastern too. Many Jews from Africa and Middle East migrated to israel. But you're right. I have always made this point to people who compare the two. There is no comparison.

Last edited:
What a joke....

And African and Mideastern too. Many Jews from Africa and Middle East migrated to israel. But you're right. I have always made this point to people who compare the two. There is no comparison.

Of course, there are Iranian, Iraqi, Moroccan Jews mostly...however the majority in Israel are European.

It is a most welcome thing.
While it is understandable why you overall support the Palestinian cause, a peace with Pakistan means another nation that can help us bridge over our differences in this region and reach peace in the Levant, exactly like Egypt which helps us reach a ceasefire every now and then.

I have had some heated debates with Israelis in the past but even I believe it would be good for Pakistan to make diplomatic relations with Israel. :enjoy:

If Pakistan could have diplomatic relations with India, albeit of Kashmir issue, why not with Israel? However, to do that, we first need to come out from the Saudi influence, and that is not going to happen until we fix our economy. Napoleon said "An Army marches on its stomach", I say, everything, from sovereignty to international policy to domestic policy, marches on its stomach. That much is the importance of good economy. However, I don't think my generation will live to see that day.

I think you misread Saudis. They already have secret relations with Israel and they may actually encourage Pakistan to make this move with Israel.

It is a most welcome thing.
While it is understandable why you overall support the Palestinian cause, a peace with Pakistan means another nation that can help us bridge over our differences in this region and reach peace in the Levant, exactly like Egypt which helps us reach a ceasefire every now and then.

There is a lot of support for this idea amongst many thinking Pakistanis.

Pakistan needs to pursue its Foreign Relations based on its own National Interests.

We wish the Palestinian Brothers good luck but they need to make their own peace with Israel.

Pakistan has no conflict of interest with Israel and it makes no sense to many Pakistanis why our Government continues to make the follies of the Past.

We need to move on and chart new course with our Jewish Cousins.

Last edited:
Don't you think it is time for our two Nations to have Diplomatic Relations with each other ?
If Turkey, Jordan, Egypt (plus all of the Turkic states like Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan..) have diplomatic relationships with Israel, I dont see a reason why Pakistan cant. Having diplomatic relationships does not mean u agree on everything.

There are NO similarities between founding of Pakistan and Israel. Pakistan was the result of 100 years of struggle and millions of sacrifices. Israel was built on occupied land that caused and is continuously causing millions of others to suffer on daily basis.

Pakistan was a legit birth. Israel an illegal.

It has long interested me, whether Israel should be called the Pakistan of the middle east, or is Pakistan the Israel of South Asia. Chronologically I guess Pakistan's creation was in 1947, and Israel's 1948 (though a defacto Israel existed before the second world war began).

The concepts or ideologies behind their foundation were similar, and if I'm not mistaken they remain the only two countries created on the basis of religion. The way Israelis had the concept of Zionism which saw the influx of foreigners from thousands of miles away to ethnically cleanse the native Palestinians from their lands, Pakistan can be said to have had a sort of 'Muslim Zionism' in two phases. One was the migration of central Asian, Iranic, Turkic, and Arab peoples over the span of 900 years up to partition into Punjab and Sindh. The second more explicit migration from lands of present day India to Punjab/Sindh, and the resultant expulsion or genocide of native Hindus and Sikhs in Punjab/Sindh.

The early fathers of Zionism were self proclaimed atheists, and the founders of Pakistan were not very religious in practice despite their speeches and poems. Jinnah was Ismaili Shia, and follower of Agha Khan cult, who wore patloon shirt to Angrez parties, where he enjoyed scotch and ham sandwiches. There are several pictures of him with pet dogs (which I believe are forbidden for strict muslims). Iqbal was more ideologically religious, but also wore tuxedos and was educated in Cambridge. I've heard religious muslims argue that his idea of nationalism which divided muslims into 2 (later 3) countries, are forbidden explicitly in Quran (called qaumiyyah I believe).

This is a thread just to gain greater understanding, perhaps from Israeli, Palestinian and other Arab members on if they see the same similarities that I do or not. If not, why? What stark differences can you elucidate on broad foundational philosophies (besides the obvious that one was Jewish and other Muslim)

This thread is for engaging discussion, and opened with genuine intentions to gain knowledge. Please do not derail it with off topic rants or comments. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom