What's new

Similarities between the founding of Israel and Pakistan

And what about massacring those people in 1947, in the millions, who did not allow themselves to be 'consensually' changed from their native religion?

In 1947, majority of these "millions" who died where MUSLIMS! Over-whelming majority of the dead! This is well-recorded historical fact accepted by each and every single historian whether Indian, Western, or Pakistani.

So I don't know what your point is..

umm Do you understand the meaning of the term "Ancestors"?

That happened on both the sides

Yet it was the Muslims who were the Zionists. Who created a new homeland and wanted to kick the natives in West Punjab & Sindh out of theirs. Punjab/Haryana were out of revenge, and disillusionment of seeing them first be kicked out of the birthplace of Guru Nanak, and on top of that being massacred on the way. Again, if you are not Punjabi (guessing you arent, Khan saahib), then you will not understand.

Do I need to remind me of the number of people who migrated from all over India !? And no not all of them call themselves muhajirs.. Haven't hear a Panjabis,Haryanvi etc call himself Muhajir.. Apart from tht we also have people like Hazaras who mass migrated to Pakistan from Afghanistan from the 18th century onwards n also played part in the creation of Pakistan ..

@OP thank you for your BULL SHIT.

That's coz roughly 7% of the population that migrated from India was Urdu-speaking, and which today forms the bulk of today's so-called Mohajir community. The others numbered probably around 3-4%(I don't have a source to prove this percentage though). I know there are a few Dakhani-speakers who migrated to Pakistan, not to forget the local population interchange within the Punjab.

In 1947, majority of these "millions" who died where MUSLIMS! Over-whelming majority of the dead! This is well-recorded historical fact accepted by each and every single historian whether Indian, Western, or Pakistani.

So I don't know what your point is..

Show me a source that says the majority were muslims? All historical accounts I've read say it was roughly evenly distributed in terms of massacres/death in both sides (Punjab and Bengal both). This seems like a 'historical fact' you pulled out of your backside.

Israel is the only country in Middle East which does NOT deprive any of its citizens of their fundamental rights.

I would not like to get into the veracity of this. But I would say that this 'distinction' is not shared by your sibling state, Pakistan. So maybe they can look up to their sister for inspiration and respect what little (few percent) minorities they have left.

Punjab, Haryana, yes there were revenge massacres when they found bodies of their children and women slaughtered in trains coming from West Punjab.

The first train to reach Pakistan had only 1 survivor .. A baby in the lap of his dead mother so spare me the nonsense..

was unfortunate. But that was exclusive mostly to bordering states. Most of Indian Muslims decided to stay back, hence why percentage wise their population in present day India increased from 7 or so percent to around 13-14% of today. Whereas Punjab (birthplace of Sikh religion) hindus and sikh used to be 35-40 %, now what are they? 1.2% or less?
Did Delhi,Bihar etc also border Pakistan?

Modern day Pakistan itself was a majority muslim part of British occupied subcontinent...

Hindus , Sikhs were a minority even than... And who chose to stay back? Kashmir was destined to be a part of Pakistan .. Hyderabad Kingdom wanted to merge with Pakistan or stay independent n so on.. And where do you think the Urdu speaking Biharis,Gujratis etc in Pakistan come from?

P.S muslim population increased in India due to birth rate .. Yet they are the poorest n under represented community of India.

Also if you are not Punjabi, then you won't understand the massacres on both sides of Punjab. Its a long history since the first Muslim invaders converted the first Punjabi by force.

Islam in Panjabis I Sindh is over a thousand years old.. It came with Sufis,Saints etc.. Qalandar,baba Farid,bulley shah ,Wapis,sachal sarmast,bahawudin zikriya etc etc ... Every village in Panjab n Sindh has a saints shrine ..

And Kashmir, yes it is unfortunate. We can give them independence like Pakistan was given independence. But it will result in another partition. Hindu majority Jammu districts, and almost the entirety of Ladakh (including Pro Indian Shia Baltis), will have to be cut off from the valley. The policy makers do not want to see another partition, but I wouldn't mind to be honest.

Pro India Shia baltis ? :lol: baltistanis were one of the first people to kick dogra butt from baltistanis .. Google the revolt of Balti officers n the victory monument in Gilgit.. As for the Hindus etc ... Hold a referendum ? Or keep Jammu .. Valley n other muslim majority areas should be gig to Pakistan and no .. U didn't give us independence .. U itself were occupied by the British.

Seems you've read too much of shiv sena , One sided history . Grow up kid And learn to diffrentiate propaganda from the actual history.
Th guy actually has a point. If there was a general genocide (not for revenge) of Muslims in India then we would have seen a mass migration of Muslims from all of India, not only from regions bordering Pak. But in reality, almost no Muslims migrated from regions away from Pak which means South India.

There are indeed some similarities:

1) Both Israel and Pakistan were created as result of partition of former British colony.
2) In both cases the partition was followed by a war.
3) In both cases there was large population exchange:
- 7 million Muslims fled to Pakistan, 7 million Hindus fled to India
- 700 thousands Palestinians fled to Arab countries. 850 thousands Jews from Arab countries fled to Israel.
4) Both had additional bloody wars after that.
5) Both are US allies and get help from US.
6) Both have unrecognized nuclear weapons.
7) Both suffered a lot from suicide terrorism.
8) Both still have unsettled conflicts.

That's coz roughly 7% of the population that migrated from India was Urdu-speaking, and which today forms the bulk of today's so-called Mohajir community. The others numbered probably around 3-4%(I don't have a source to prove this percentage though). I know there are a few Dakhani-speakers who migrated to Pakistan, not to forget the local population interchange within the Punjab.

So called Urdu speakers constitute about 10% of Pakistans population .. And do post a link saying they are all Urdu speakers ? Most Urdu speakers on this forum aren't originally Urdu speakers/mothe tongue.

So called Urdu speakers constitute about 10% of Pakistans population .. And do post a link saying they are all Urdu speakers ? Most Urdu speakers on this forum aren't originally Urdu speakers/mothe tongue.

You mean to say there are many who've forsaken their original mothertongues for Urdu in Pakistan nowadays?

You can also say the Soviet Union supported both India and Arab countries.

lol...............the thread changed from similarities bet Israel and Pak to who was more clever bet Jinnah and Gandhi

pdfians :lol:

Israel and Pakistan are two vastly different experiments. Important difference being that Israel was created for the Jewish diaspora worldwide, while Pakistan was only for the Muslims of the subcontinent. Meaning, Israel had more Jews from outside Palestine than the native ones at the time of it's creation, and the Zionists were essentially usurping land that wasn't theirs for nearly a 1000 years at least. The Pakistanis had only about 10% outsiders(all Indian though) at max that eventually became the Mohajir community.

Its ludicrous how every other Indian thinks that Pakistanis are 'settlers'.

Back
Top Bottom