What's new

Similarities between the founding of Israel and Pakistan

himalayah

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
It has long interested me, whether Israel should be called the Pakistan of the middle east, or is Pakistan the Israel of South Asia. Chronologically I guess Pakistan's creation was in 1947, and Israel's 1948 (though a defacto Israel existed before the second world war began).

The concepts or ideologies behind their foundation were similar, and if I'm not mistaken they remain the only two countries created on the basis of religion. The way Israelis had the concept of Zionism which saw the influx of foreigners from thousands of miles away to ethnically cleanse the native Palestinians from their lands, Pakistan can be said to have had a sort of 'Muslim Zionism' in two phases. One was the migration of central Asian, Iranic, Turkic, and Arab peoples over the span of 900 years up to partition into Punjab and Sindh. The second more explicit migration from lands of present day India to Punjab/Sindh, and the resultant expulsion or genocide of native Hindus and Sikhs in Punjab/Sindh.

The early fathers of Zionism were self proclaimed atheists, and the founders of Pakistan were not very religious in practice despite their speeches and poems. Jinnah was Ismaili Shia, and follower of Agha Khan cult, who wore patloon shirt to Angrez parties, where he enjoyed scotch and ham sandwiches. There are several pictures of him with pet dogs (which I believe are forbidden for strict muslims). Iqbal was more ideologically religious, but also wore tuxedos and was educated in Cambridge. I've heard religious muslims argue that his idea of nationalism which divided muslims into 2 (later 3) countries, are forbidden explicitly in Quran (called qaumiyyah I believe).

This is a thread just to gain greater understanding, perhaps from Israeli, Palestinian and other Arab members on if they see the same similarities that I do or not. If not, why? What stark differences can you elucidate on broad foundational philosophies (besides the obvious that one was Jewish and other Muslim)

This thread is for engaging discussion, and opened with genuine intentions to gain knowledge. Please do not derail it with off topic rants or comments. Thank you.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

MUST WATCH

Does Pakistan or any country, except Israel, deprive anyone of their fundamental rights?

While i have not read the article as i have to go but one thing I'd like to point out

The land of Pakistan belongs to the ancestors of Pakistani people who have been here since for thousands of years , i.e they were just converts. They were not migrants from Arabia or some other land for that matter.

The modern day Israelis are Europeans,Asians,Africans etc .The European Jews who had for a long time faced the persecution of the Christian Kingdoms . Creation of Israel was a result of this. They were migrants who under British and then Israeli occupation changed the entire demographics of Palestine/Israel.

I'd put more detail but unfortunately i have to go now. Be back in a few hours.
P.s No offence intended to anyone.

Israel and Pakistan are two vastly different experiments. Important difference being that Israel was created for the Jewish diaspora worldwide, while Pakistan was only for the Muslims of the subcontinent. Meaning, Israel had more Jews from outside Palestine than the native ones at the time of it's creation, and the Zionists were essentially usurping land that wasn't theirs for nearly a 1000 years at least. The Pakistanis had only about 10% outsiders(all Indian though) at max that eventually became the Mohajir community.

Well, now I can clearly see the brotherhood of Indians and Israelis :-)
Thanks for the video post!

The land of Pakistan belongs to the ancestors of Pakistani people who have been here since for thousands of years , i.e they were just converts. They were not migrants from Arabia or some other land for that matter.

The modern day Israelis are Europeans,Asians,Africans etc .The European Jews who had for a long time faced the persecution of the Christian Kingdoms . Creation of Israel was a result of this. They were migrants who under British and then Israeli occupation changed the entire demographics of Palestine/Israel.

Do you think the demographics of Punjab and Sindh have remained constant over the past 1000 years? Only difference is Israelis (thankfully) did not force convert Palestinians to Judaism perhaps because it is not mandated in their religion. Whereas even so-called peaceful Sufis were in a rat race to convert as many kafirs as possible.

Israel and Pakistan are two vastly different experiments. Important difference being that Israel was created for the Jewish diaspora worldwide, while Pakistan was only for the Muslims of the subcontinent. Meaning, Israel had more Jews from outside Palestine than the native ones at the time of it's creation, and the Zionists were essentially usurping land that wasn't theirs for nearly a 1000 years at least. The Pakistanis had only about 10% outsiders(all Indian though) at max that eventually became the Mohajir community.

You conveniently ignore the process of over 1000 years in which non-natives came and settled in Punjab and Sindh, as well as the genocide or forced eviction of several million native Hindus/Sikhs during partition. Change in demography, although the extent and timeperiod maybe different, is not very dissimilar in its intent and means. Is there any less of an apartheid against Dharmic people in Punjab/Sindh, than there is of the Palestinians by Zionists?

What a joke.

Israel is a colonial power with no roots to the land. They colonized the land, kicked out the native people, and still colonizing the remaining native people.

Present day Pakistanis ARE the "natives" of the land..and have been since thousands of years.

There isn't any parallel.

One is a colonizer (Israel)

One is native (Pakistan).

Pakistani's are FROM the subcontinent

Most israeli's are from Poland, russia, France, Europe, USA you name it

Do you think the demographics of Punjab and Sindh have remained constant over the past 1000 years? Only difference is Israelis (thankfully) did not force convert Palestinians to Judaism perhaps because it is not mandated in their religion. Whereas even so-called peaceful Sufis were in a rat race to convert as many kafirs as possible.
No proof supports your claim on the sufis.
Their is very little proof to support vast conversions in any of these lands. The people of Punjab and Sindh are ethnichally the same people? What change is there ? Are Turks or Arabs a majority there or Punjabi and Sindhis?

They colonized the land, kicked out the native people, and still colonizing the remaining native people.

How is this different? Colonization of mind, soul and religion is also a colonization. The natives of Punjab and Sindh are dalits, shudras, khatris, brahmins, and other Dharmic people. Not people with Gilani, Shirazi, Qurayshi, etc. after their names.

No proof supports your claim on the sufis.
Their is very little proof to support vast conversions in any of these lands. The people of Punjab and Sindh are ethnichally the same people? What change is there ? Are Turks or Arabs a majority there or Punjabi and Sindhis?

Some are. Jatts, Gujjars, Rajputs, etc. are sons of the soil. But more than they themselves, I draw a parallel to the forced expulsion of OTHER natives (namely Hindus and Sikhs that numbered more than total population of Israel today) for not following a foreign ideology/religion.

i will write on the similarities on pakistan and israel today later sometime but one similaritiy that came imideately into my mind is

1: both isreal and india are religiously extremist
2: both lay the foundation of their country on religious bases.ie isreal on isreal and india on akhand bharat.
3: both claim a land which they held just for a few centuries , thousand of year ago.
4: both wants to capture a land just because of religion
5: both did genocide of other nations to keep the land.
6: both countries neighbour don't like them.
7: both have been alligated of serious crimes against humanity.
8: both countries do propoganda for their survival.
9: both think that they are the superior nation on earth.
10: both have inferiority complex.

Back
Top Bottom