What's new

Should women in Pakistan be told what to wear?

every human must be free what to eat drink wear and how to live .
Every society has a certain set of rules/norms under which it flourishes...This"Everyone should be free to do anything"..stance is just equating a society with jungle..where u can do anything.

Just wanna ask those who are supporting wearing shorts for women...just tell me..what aim/objective regarding career or any-other thing can women achieve while dressed in shorts...which can't be gained in proper covered dressing???
You can see a lot of doctors and women from different professions who follow Hijab n parda..if they can achieve all the worldly aims while dressing according to islam...then what is the issue here???

The-Founder-arrives-to-a-reception-at-Karachi.jpg

Yes Fatima Jinnah dressed modestly.

I never claimed that she didn't dress modestly. It is just that whenever among Muslims there is talk of "modestly dressed" women, there is support by many for Taliban-style diktats.

Famous crap like when in Rome do as the Romans.

When did I ever say that??

Jamal Abdul Nasser was an idiot.

Right. So Nasser was an idiot and his opponents, the British/American-supported Ikhwaanis, were heroes. :lol:

Egyptians say his linage is Jewish

Source please??

and his women wearing western dress doesn't make them liberal or western it makes them wannabe lost souls who have no identity.

So they should dress like how that Ikhwaani leader wanted them to??

We should be proud of who we are.

And who are we - Desis?? Desi Muslims?? Muslims??

Allah has given men and women guidelines and He has defined what are acceptable dress. Within the limits, both men and women are free to chose their dress.
Allah has done that, and both of them can read and understand what Allah has said in the Quran, we do not need to say anything

Honest question. Is it mentioned in Quran how men or women should be dressed? If yes is it compulsory to follow those rules? If someone breaks those rules what is punishment?
1)Yes it is mentioned how both of them should dress.
2)The issue of dress in the light of the Quran, is not that important that it should carry any strong punishments if not followed, however if something negative happens due to not following the dress code, that has a punishment, aside from that, not following the dress code carries no punishment in light of the Quran

Famous crap like when in Rome do as the Romans.
Jamal Abdul Nasser was an idiot. Egyptians say his linage is Jewish and his women wearing western dress doesn't make them liberal or western it makes them wannabe lost souls who have no identity. We should be proud of who we are. We should endorse good in all cultures but where do you draw the line. If skirts are ok by some. Others may think pole dancing is ok. So you see each one of us is a different ok
This is what wikipidea says about Naseer

"Although he was a proponent of secular politics, Nasser was an observant Muslim who made the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca in 1954 and 1965.[338][339] He was known to be personally incorruptible"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamal_Abdel_Nasser

from what I have read on wikipidea, Naseer seemed like a true Muslim.

as for Mr Jinnah

upload_2018-1-1_19-46-27.jpeg

image.jpg

now according to the interpretations of the Mullahs, in both the above pictures, the women are immodest.

so always remember kids, mullahs are cancer

This university thing is getting weird they should focus on real issues instead of bs like this
Why do we keep losing track of whats important?

Allah has done that, and both of them can read and understand what Allah has said in the Quran, we do not need to say anything

1)Yes it is mentioned how both of them should dress.
2)The issue of dress in the light of the Quran, is not that important that it should carry any strong punishments if not followed, however if something negative happens due to not following the dress code, that has a punishment, aside from that, not following the dress code carries no punishment in light of the Quran

This is what wikipidea says about Naseer

"Although he was a proponent of secular politics, Nasser was an observant Muslim who made the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca in 1954 and 1965.[338][339] He was known to be personally incorruptible"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamal_Abdel_Nasser

from what I have read on wikipidea, Naseer seemed like a true Muslim.

as for Mr Jinnah

View attachment 445877

image.jpg

now according to the interpretations of the Mullahs, in both the above pictures, the women are immodest.

so always remember kids, mullahs are cancer
You can post what you like and change things as you like on wiki

For mullahs I have very little time. They are the chand at night whilst watching qandeel balouch during the day

You can post what you like and change things as you like on wiki

For mullahs I have very little time. They are the chand at night whilst watching qandeel balouch during the day
you do realize that Wikipedia works in references?

as for the second sentence, wut..........

Personally my opinion on the matter is that as long as you're not naked on the streets you should be able to wear whatever. But Pakistan is an extremely conservative society to say the least and in conservatism controlling women is an absolute must.
Some universities have strict dressing codes most dont have them
In my uni some women wear modest western dresses some wear full burqas you have all kinds of dressings that is not the issue plus dressing is never an indicator of character
img222_3.jpg

The bigger issue is not how women dress its sky rocketing semester fee in all universities how do they expect people earning about 15000 a month to pay for 50-60k per semester for even BS in Mass Com ?

They have already been told by Allah almighty (in the Holy Qur'an) what to wear/do and what not to.
They are not focusing on sub-standard curriculum and high fees this is more important to them

And then who are you to criticize when someone wants his women to wear a burqa??
I belong to no one no one belongs to me that is the more sane approach on this matter

I agree with the women in the video. miniskirts, shorts, and bikinis is not our culture.

My mother wears Shalwar Kameez suits. I believe that is modest.
That is what most girls wear in unis anyway this non issue was started to divert attention from the real issues

How men should be dressed? No (but I am not sure)

How women should be dressed in front of unrelated men? Yes.

BUT

How men should behave in the presence of unrelated women? Yes.. (lower their gaze)

Yes.

Breaking some rules lead to punishment, some don't..

So the above doesn't have any punishment.. it is the matter between Allah and the individual..
Absolutely some universities are deliberately stoking this issue to divert attention

Yeah should be law .

Shalwar kameez and cheela on head or shoulders don't matter Unless elder enter the place .
No Arab dress
Saris okay as it's culture if they wanna wear fine

Inside home wear nothing not my problem

Pakistani women are most beautiful in Pakistani dress

Every society has a certain set of rules/norms under which it flourishes...This"Everyone should be free to do anything"..stance is just equating a society with jungle..where u can do anything.

Just wanna ask those who are supporting wearing shorts for women...just tell me..what aim/objective regarding career or any-other thing can women achieve while dressed in shorts...which can't be gained in proper covered dressing???
You can see a lot of doctors and women from different professions who follow Hijab n parda..if they can achieve all the worldly aims while dressing according to islam...then what is the issue here???
the question is whom is society or a gender to ask others millions of millions humans what to wear ? may be some women feel good at beach with bikini whom are we to stop them ? its not about what to achieve but its personal freedom .

I just wish sometimes if feminism was as, if men don't show their chest y should we ( women ) ? If men don't show their back body parts why should we ? If men don't show their legs then y should we ?
But feminism is .,, let me show u whole body .. Nd u don't dare look at me .

U can't expect men to not look at u when you've opened whole jewels of your body infront of him .

Yes, but not just women. The dress code for men also needs to be rigourously enforced.

I just wish sometimes if feminism was as, if men don't show their chest y should we ( women ) ? If men don't show their back body parts why should we ? If men don't show their legs then y should we ?
But feminism is .,, let me show u whole body .. Nd u don't dare look at me .

U can't expect men to not look at u when you've opened whole jewels of your body infront of him .

Asalamu Alaikum

He still shouldn't stare. Yes, the woman should dress modestly, but the men who stare at her deserve a strong reprimanding.

Yes, but not just women. The dress code for men also needs to be rigourously enforced.

Asalamu Alaikum

He still shouldn't stare. Yes, the woman should dress modestly, but the men who stare at her deserve a strong reprimanding.

W.Salam.
These days men need to be more responsible .

Nd such begerat men who stare like begerat they are . Should be punched on the face .

The father and brother should rather be involving themselves in removing injustice from Pakistani society and South Asian society instead of imposing dress on their women. :)

:tup:

Imposing a modern dress code is part and parcel of fixing Pakistan.

W.Salam.
These days men need to be more responsible .

Nd such begerat men who stare like begerat they are . Should be punched on the face .

No. Hitting the face is haram.

Poking them in the eyes is way better.

Back
Top Bottom