What's new

Should women in Pakistan be told what to wear?

Let's keep it simple. Below is Jamal Abdul Nasser in 1966 talking about how he dealt with the leader of the so-called Muslim Brotherhood who demanded that Egyptian woman wear long scarf :

Besides, you carry in your profile-picture the image of Jinnah. Did his wife, daughter and sister wear what you desire??

The-Founder-arrives-to-a-reception-at-Karachi.jpg

Yes Fatima Jinnah dressed modestly.

swear down fam every minute i am on this forum i am turning more more gay as ****. we dont tolerate this shit where i come from. any homo who is allergic to women gets kicked out of the hood fam real talk

Which famous crap??

I too speak of modesty but not of going overboard in imposing "modesty".

Jamal Abdul Nasser was a hero and here is how his female family members dressed. Long skirt and blouse which is the Egyptian/Arabian version of "modesty". So there you have it - interpretation of modesty according to region :

Nasser%27s_family.jpg

What is??

That is like saying that the burqa brigade of 'Dukhtaraan-e-Millat' ( from Indian-administered Kashmir ) and of the Red Mosque ( from Islamabad ) be allowed their slogan of "The hijab is my pride and not my compulsion".
Famous crap like when in Rome do as the Romans.
Jamal Abdul Nasser was an idiot. Egyptians say his linage is Jewish and his women wearing western dress doesn't make them liberal or western it makes them wannabe lost souls who have no identity. We should be proud of who we are. We should endorse good in all cultures but where do you draw the line. If skirts are ok by some. Others may think pole dancing is ok. So you see each one of us is a different ok

I agree with the women in the video. miniskirts, shorts, and bikinis is not our culture.

My mother wears Shalwar Kameez suits. I believe that is modest.

The-Founder-arrives-to-a-reception-at-Karachi.jpg

Yes Fatima Jinnah dressed modestly.
I think Jinnah himself was always impeccably dressed in both eastern and western clothes. That's how I am. Love both but I never show my biceps or abs even though they would be much appreciated by some quarters. Nudge nudge wink wink

Disagree.

A society should have a culture and Islam is best choice. We draw a line between what we do in private and how we engage the public.
you are free sir what you believe no one should ask others to believe what he/she believe . follow Islam if its better for you let other follow what they think better

Obviously yes . If father and brother are telling you to dress modestly around males then obey them .
Women should also have the right to go along the fashion .
I've always covered my head infront of family males , brothers and father . When in females , I would wear jeans , half sleeves or such easy dresses .

I've saved the most beautiful me for mah future partner .
Why ,how is your father different from mother ?

Do you see the problem in what you just said ?
"When someone wants HIS women to wear a burqa". That's the problem. The element of choice and the concept or ownership. Find me one person on this forum who would discourage a woman from wearing a burqa on her own accord.

What you see as a problem, I see as love and caring. While you may not have had the love of your mother, sister and wife/daughter; those who have, will make every possible effort to ensure the safety and protection of the women in his house. There is a sense of ownership for one's parents, children and family in general......why that concept is alien to you is confusing to me.

Honest question. Is it mentioned in Quran how men or women should be dressed? If yes is it compulsory to follow those rules? If someone breaks those rules what is punishment?

Is it mentioned in Quran how men or women should be dressed?

How men should be dressed? No (but I am not sure)

How women should be dressed in front of unrelated men? Yes.

BUT

How men should behave in the presence of unrelated women? Yes.. (lower their gaze)

If yes is it compulsory to follow those rules?

Yes.

If someone breaks those rules what is punishment?

Breaking some rules lead to punishment, some don't..

So the above doesn't have any punishment.. it is the matter between Allah and the individual..

How men should be dressed? No (but I am not sure)

How women should be dressed in front of unrelated men? Yes.

BUT

How men should behave in the presence of unrelated women? Yes.. (lower their gaze)

Yes.

Breaking some rules lead to punishment, some don't..

So the above doesn't have any punishment.. it is the matter between Allah and the individual..
Thanks for information.

Obviously Miniskirts and skinny jeans and bikinis is not our culture.

Allah has took mercy upon humans and given them freedom of their cloths within a boundary. Here Jeans vs Cotton is not the question, but the ability of a dress to cover and hide yourself.

Women can wear Jeans as long as they are non-revealing and not tight, exposing their body curves. If someone is wearing a frock which is knee long, wearing a lose non-revealing jeans is acceptable.

Likewise, one of our "acceptable dress", "Churi Pajama is though common, but doesn't fit in the criteria - and is rather more objectionable than Jeans.

Back
Top Bottom