What's new

Should women in Pakistan be told what to wear?

Not really. The thing is women in Pakistan are not stupid. If one day the govt made an announcement that any sorts of clothes are allowed do you think Pakistan will suddenly become Europe ? Ofcourse not.

Modesty is something engraved into our minds (the women at least, can't be said about uncle majboor). The thing that needs to be developed is trust. You wouldn't need to feel insecure about what your mother/sister/daughter wore as long as she understood our social norms. Beyond that there's nothing you can do.

Obviously yes . If father and brother are telling you to dress modestly around males then obey them .
Women should also have the right to go along the fashion .
I've always covered my head infront of family males , brothers and father . When in females , I would wear jeans , half sleeves or such easy dresses .

I've saved the most beautiful me for mah future partner .

Fashion statement contradicts the first paragraph.
're the most beautiful for your future husband mashallah....but I am sure he has his own moustache. Loool. Just joking. Sorry couldn't resist

Not really. The thing is women in Pakistan are not stupid. If one day the govt made an announcement that any sorts of clothes are allowed do you think Pakistan will suddenly become Europe ? Ofcourse not.

Modesty is something engraved into our minds (the women at least, can't be said about uncle majboor). The thing that needs to be developed is trust. You wouldn't need to feel insecure about what your mother/sister/daughter wore as long as she understood our social norms. Beyond that there's nothing you can do.
You will be surprised. Women here are already pushing boundaries in regards to their dressing sense out in the public.

Culture is defined and enforced for a reason because mentality of people is same all over the world.

're the most beautiful for your future husband mashallah....but I am sure he has his own moustache. Loool. Just joking. Sorry couldn't resist

Let me explain .. women shouldn't be refused if they wanna buy fashionist dresses or modern clothes for themselves .
My father never refuses me if I wanna buy jeans , half sleeves and Iam free to wear when I'm visiting my friends but not on the roads or strangers.
Moustache .. Lmao .. I'm sure he'll be a Baloch then . Akbar bugti .

It wouldn't have bothered you if you just kept your gaze low like you're commanded too. Humility is easier to instill in yourself than others , no ?
I do not care normally. However, as a Muslim, I have concerns. And I am a human being and I cannot keep my gaze low out in the public for long. One has to navigate through the public. My point is that Pakistani culture should be modest and family-oriented.

Women need education and grooming just like men to understand what is right and wrong. You will notice some women who have become too Westernized and some who are religious; difference is in their brought-up at home.

I agree. Culture is not stagnant but I am. My rules are fixed and will go when I breath my last gasp of air. Elbow/kneecap rule stays in place until then.
Change is the only constant
Learn from nature, if you dont adapt you perish.

Having said, if you are able to generate ample love in relationships, you dont have to set rules. Sometimes you would have to understand them and sometimes they will do things for your happiness. Thats what life is all about.
:)

Having said, if you are able to generate ample love in relationships, you dont have to set rules. Sometimes you would have to understand them and sometimes they will do things for your happiness. Thats what life is all about.
Adaptability to changing conditions is important but certain aspects of society must stay FIRM.

We can adopt new techniques for tackling crimes but we cannot legalize crimes.

Similarly, women can do fashion while ensuring modesty.

What a beautiful blue jewelery you have viny.
Nice tika.

I do not care normally. However, as a Muslim, I have concerns. And I am a human being and I cannot keep my gaze low out in the public for long. One has to navigate through the public. My point is that Pakistani culture should be modest and family-oriented.

Women need education and grooming just like men to understand what is right and wrong. You will notice some women who have become too Westernized and some who are religious; difference is in their brought-up at home.

Lol obviously you need to look up while walking. What I meant by lowering your gaze is minding your own business. Before you were a Muslim you were a human being. And I think we can all agree that women in Pakistan are a lot more groomed than men because our society is extremely male dominated. And like I said in my previous post. We wouldn't need to worry about whatever they do or wear as long as they are well informed on the subject. You and I aren't the guardians of an Islamic society so its not up to us to make sure everyone is covered up.

Obviously Miniskirts and skinny jeans and bikinis is not our culture.

Let's keep it simple. Below is Jamal Abdul Nasser in 1966 talking about how he dealt with the leader of the so-called Muslim Brotherhood who demanded that Egyptian woman wear long scarf :

Besides, you carry in your profile-picture the image of Jinnah. Did his wife, daughter and sister wear what you desire??

Lol obviously you need to look up while walking. What I meant by lowering your gaze is minding your own business. Before you were a Muslim you were a human being. And I think we can all agree that women in Pakistan are a lot more groomed than men because our society is extremely male dominated. And like I said in my previous post. We wouldn't need to worry about whatever they do or wear as long as they are well informed on the subject. You and I aren't the guardians of an Islamic society so its not up to us to make sure everyone is covered up.
If Muslims start minding their own business in every walk of life then who will steer and manage Pakistan? This is not how things work in life. Islam is not a personal matter; it is a societal phenomenon. If certain quarters are trying to import Western ideologies here, then it is my responsibility to notice and express my concerns.

Define "male dominated." You underestimate the power and influence of women in households and politics.

Just because we see many men in the public, doesn't imply male dominance. Societal pressures (and women) force men to work.

Let me explain .. women shouldn't be refused if they wanna buy fashionist dresses or modern clothes for themselves .
My father never refuses me if I wanna buy jeans , half sleeves and Iam free to wear when I'm visiting my friends but not on the roads or strangers.

Moustache .. Lmao .. I'm sure he'll be a Baloch then . Akbar bugti .
I agree with you. But most families are not like that. Men can be really stupid. Dominant unnecessarily. They will impose strict code upon the ladies but free to do what they like themselves.
Loool 're bugti.

Back
Top Bottom