What's new

Should women in Pakistan be told what to wear?

I agree with you. But most families are not like that. Men can be really stupid. Dominant unnecessarily. They will impose strict code upon the ladies but free to do what they like themselves.
Loool 're bugti.
Both men and women have double-standards. Not just men.

The father and brother should rather be involving themselves in removing injustice from Pakistani society and South Asian society instead of imposing dress on their women. :)
This is oxymoron.

And even if they were told what to do and what not to do. Trust me it wouldn't work out the way you intend it to. After decades of the morality police pushing around women as to what to wear in Iran guess what happened ? The women only got more rebellious. And guess what happened last week ? The morality police eventually stopped considering it a crime to wear western clothing you know why ? BECAUSE LITERALLY EVERYONE WAS WEARING WESTERN CLOTHING. They'd end up putting half their population in jails.
This is oxymoron as well. Don't let some videos fool you.

Rules are made and enforced no matter what.

Crimes will continue to occur irrespective of presence of police, courts and law. Should the state stop combating crimes then?

It is the responsibility of every Muslim to guide his children and family members to the right path. And it is the responsibility of the state to ensure that people do not go overboard under the garb of fashion and freedom of expression.

Obviously yes . If father and brother are telling you to dress modestly around males then obey them .
Women should also have the right to go along the fashion .
I've always covered my head infront of family males , brothers and father . When in females , I would wear jeans , half sleeves or such easy dresses .

I've saved the most beautiful me for mah future partner .

Interesting. This used to be the cultural norm when I was a kid. Of course now none of these rules on fashion and dresses are followed.

Why don't people think before they quote famous crap .

Which famous crap??

Regarding the video..what are you saying....that short skirts and butt hugging skinny jeans are ok ?

I too speak of modesty but not of going overboard in imposing "modesty".

Jamal Abdul Nasser was a hero and here is how his female family members dressed. Long skirt and blouse which is the Egyptian/Arabian version of "modesty". So there you have it - interpretation of modesty according to region :

Nasser%27s_family.jpg

This is oxymoron.

What is??

It is the responsibility of every Muslim to guide his children and family members to the right path. And it is the responsibility of the state to ensure that people do not go overboard under the garb of fashion and freedom of expression.

That is like saying that the burqa brigade of 'Dukhtaraan-e-Millat' ( from Indian-administered Kashmir ) and of the Red Mosque ( from Islamabad ) be allowed their slogan of "The hijab is my pride and not my compulsion".

Last edited:
i am all for nudity dawg but as long as chicks workout. aint gonna see no tar barrels rolling around the streets.

This is oxymoron as well. Don't let some videos fool you.

Rules are made and enforced no matter what.

Crimes will continue to occur irrespective of presence of police, courts and law. Should the state stop combating crimes then?

A crime is something that hurts others. Does looking at ankles give you a heart ache? Dont like it ? Turn your gaze away.

Personally my opinion on the matter is that as long as you're not naked on the streets you should be able to wear whatever. But Pakistan is an extremely conservative society to say the least and in conservatism controlling women is an absolute must.

And why is that? Why can't she be naked on the streets if she wants to? What makes you draw the line on nudity and modesty?

Indecency in public

So where does one draw the line? How do you decide modesty and immodesty? And then who are you to criticize when someone wants his women to wear a burqa??

So where does one draw the line? How do you decide modesty and immodesty? And then who are you to criticize when someone wants his women to wear a burqa??
Where did I criticize exactly? And the line is drawn wherever the populace of the country wants it to be drawn.

Do you see the problem in what you just said ?
"When someone wants HIS women to wear a burqa". That's the problem. The element of choice and the concept or ownership. Find me one person on this forum who would discourage a woman from wearing a burqa on her own accord.

A lot of people are posting things such as "we cannot let our women do such and such", "we cannot let our young people become this and that". I'd like you to reflect on why your young people or women are inclined to become kanjar without your intervention? I don't mean your families - this is not a personal dig. I mean wider society too.

The duty of every parent is to sell thier values to thier children. The duty of elder siblings is to be role models. While we watch Bollywood and fantasise about others daughters we cannot sell the concept of hayah and at the same time be hypocrites.

The gaze of men in our society is not averted. Muslim women get less "looks" in Kafir countries than they do in our countries. We have a society of hypocrites.

Back
Top Bottom