What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
I am leaving this thread.

@kalu_miah

There was a superior poster named @eastwatch . Can you open a new thread, and invite him to take part? He always has a great deal of information and excellent analysis.

Why are West Bengali Bangla accent and Bangladeshi Bangla accent so different from each other? We can understand what West Bengalis say but do they understand what we say? :lol:They speak in bookish way. Even a rickshaw pullar in Kolkata speak in bookish style Bangla but here in BD everyone speaks in accented Bangla. Khaichi, Korchi, Kormu, Khamu, Korba, Khaba. If I say Ami kheyechi,everybody laughs at me. :lol:

Last edited:
Why are West Bengali Bangla accent and Bangladeshi Bangla accent so different from each other. We can understand what West Bengalis say but do they understand what we say? :lol:They speak in bookish way. Even a rickshaw pullar in Kolkata speak in bookish style Bangla but here in BD everyone speaks in accented Bangla. Khaichi, Korchi, Kormu, Khamu, Korba, Khaba. If I say Ami kheyechi,everybody laughs at me. :lol:

I suspect that the adoption of one dialect, the north 24 Parganas-Hooghly dialect, as the 'official' dialect may have something to do with this. That dialect, as happened in England, too, with the standard dialect of English being used progressively for literature, and for orthography, whenever writing required a choice, became the dialect which we read. As a result, you understand the 'standard' written language, which was just one of the dialects earlier, but those whose dialect it was, more or less, that got adopted don't understand other spoken dialects quite so well.

It is, precisely, the bookish versus the day-to-day normal.

Incidentally, there are west Bengali dialects too, and one can differentiate people on that basis, although not so easily as east Bengali dialects (you do realise that there are many). Even the southern 24 Parganas people, those on the borders of the Sundarbans, have a different dialect, which is quite distinct: it eliminates 'R's, rather like some English aristocrats, and has other peculiarities.

Should the people of Bangladesh really do away with Devanagari script of Bangla and go for Arabic/Persian script? To Islamise our Language and bring back our real roots of East Bengal? The way our forefathers used to write and maybe talk?

I have an idea that our first initiative should be to make a Petition. And perhaps, it is a small step to a big change! We want your opinions of all the people here, and then decide if we will make this Petition.

By the way, I myself cannot make this petition because I am scared to go for this all by myself and I don't know much about the History as some of you here knows... We need someone who is wise, intelligent and knowledgeable to make this Petition for us and can add it to the description of the Petition, which will be able to convince most people to sign.

I think Change.org and GoPetition are a good places to start.

Change.org - The world's platform for change

Petition Templates, Samples & Examples | GoPetition

@kalu_miah @MBI Munshi @aazidane @khair_ctg @Saiful Islam @Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury @kobiraaz

I probably have noticed some you guys here being huge supporters of this movement. Should we first start with a Petition?

First of all, there is nothing Hindu about Devanagari script , it is Sanskrit & Not Hindu , now South Asian Nastaliq has more Persian then Arabic in it , & Persian is not the language of the Holy Qur'an , just because it looks like Arabic does not makes it Arabic , Dubai looks a lot like Doha but That does not makes Dubai into Doha , what is Arabic is Arabic & what is Persian & Urdu is Persian & Urdu , just because something looks like something Doesn't means it is the same , so no Bengali is fine the way it is , Indonesia has the worlds largest Muslim population but they use Bahasa Indonesian

Last edited:
First of all, there is nothing Hindu about Devanagari script , it is Sanskrit & Not Hindu , now South Asian Nastaliq has more Persian then Arabic in it , & Persian is not the language of the Holy Qur'an , just because it looks like Arabic does not makes it Arabic , Dubai looks a lot like Doha but That does not makes Dubai into Doha , what is Arabic is Arabic & what is Persian & Urdu is Persian & Urdu , just because something looks like something Doesn't means it is the same , so no Bengali is fine the way it is , Indonesia has the world largest Muslim population but they use Bahasa Indonesian

People like you with liberal views and logical thinking are the biggest hindrance in the way of Bangladeshis becoming pure. :( Our fellow Bangladeshis here are just trying to get rid of the malaun Hindu influence in their life. Can't you see how RAW is making Bangladesh a semi-Hindu state with a Hindu language like Bengali, Hindu cultural malpractices like Rabindrik culture and Rabindrasangeet, Hindu like festivals like celebrating Bengali New Year (Nababarsha), even the name of their country is a typically Hindu sounding "Bangladesh", and their national flag has no stars or moon...so unislamic! Can't you see how Indian films and TV channels are spreading Hindu culture in Bangladesh? And Devnagari is a Hindu script..it has "Dev" in it, though Bengali uses a different script, but it is still not a holy and pious script like Arabic. The only way our Bangladeshi brothers can save themselves from nefarious Hindu conspiracy is by completely shifting to Arabic language and script. And we should support them to be on the right side of history. :)

@iajdani @asad71 @MBI Munshi @Bilal9 @kobiraaz @bongbang :whistle:

People like you with liberal views and logical thinking are the biggest hindrance in the way of Bangladeshis becoming pure. :( Our fellow Bangladeshis here are just trying to get rid of the malaun Hindu influence in their life. Can't you see how RAW is making Bangladesh a semi-Hindu state with a Hindu language like Bengali, Hindu cultural malpractices like Rabindrik culture and Rabindrasangeet, Hindu like festivals like celebrating Bengali New Year (Nababarsha), even the name of their country is a typically Hindu sounding "Bangladesh", and their national flag has no stars or moon...so unislamic! Can't you see how Indian films and TV channels are spreading Hindu culture in Bangladesh? And Devnagari is a Hindu script..it has "Dev" in it, though Bengali uses a different script, but it is still not a holy and pious script like Arabic. The only way our Bangladeshi brothers can save themselves from nefarious Hindu conspiracy is by completely shifting to Arabic language and script. And we should support them to be on the right side of history. :)

But bengalis are hindu by blood isn't it

The Jamaat-e-Islami needs you. Please join immediately ... :lol:

Not to be rude but this is begaladesh's issue stop making it so personal this is the reason why pakistan is going through problems these issues will incite becoming a dravidan state itself rather than stopping the indianization and then don't complain that why baloch and other natives start to stay away from each other

This is the reason why we are suffering its because people become too personal to other's issue so much that they start to destroy their own culture.
Yes you guys are acting like Arab wannabes.
Its like interfering in the israeli issues so much that people will think that you're an israeli too and then get bashed by others pakistanis..
So don't complain that why people call pakis hindu its not that we're hindus we're indo arayans and persians but because some over confident pakis have a habit of involving themselves with hindus and other south east asians

If you want to help bengal change their culture and stuff then don't bring this issue in pakistan
Before we start to loose our heritage and become dravidans like bengalis
And when these separatist groups rise then remember that this time they'll be right and they're doing this to protect their true blood and culture.
This is the same issue we had when some idiots spat on the **** beautiful culture just to steal the arab culture which was humiliating after that incident many pakistanis from the west region started to distance themselves from east region pakis.
I am not a liberal but i know that i have to protect my heritage.
Look at the Arabs now look how their culture is being stolen by israel and look how their culture is being influenced by desi bollywood crap its because they became too personal with indians.Thats why they're racist so they can protect their heritage.

Lol even u pakeez are Hindus by blood . Just because u were forcibly converted and your great grandmothers raped, which resulted in the neanderthal looking people in western pakistan , by Muslims does not mean u start dissociating yourselves from Hindus. Bangladeshis on the other hand willingly converted because they felt it would rid them of the caste based prejudice from upper caste Hindu bengalis if they embraced islam

considering the Vedas originated in present day Pakistan , many revered personalities of Hinduism like Draupati, Pandav, Luv & Kush , Saraswati & Shiva , takshashila , Kautilya (Chankaya) , Arthaśāstra (one of the most well recognized book of strategies of taxila itself ), Panani & not to mention Indus valley , Sindhu all of it according to Hinduism having a strong connection with the land , heck you guys beat both West Bengal & Bangladesh hands down when it comes to Hinduism ( that too Serious Hinduism ) so should i ask you that are your fellow countrymen Hindus by blood ? how would you feel eh , so just like you people , Bengali's are also not Hindus by blood , & by the way one does not becomes Hindus or Muslims or Christians by blood rather one becomes by Believe (having faith)

Last edited:
The Jamaat-e-Islami needs you. Please join immediately ... :lol:

I always suspected you to be a RAW agent acting like an India hater, now this post cleared all doubts! :D

Btw, I need to be on the good books of @Luffy 500 , just in case I ever need to visit Bangladesh and come back alive! :whistle:

Sorry how the f-ck is one "Hindu by blood"? Since when was Hinduism an ethnic group/race? Even most Pakistanis were converts to Hinduism that doesn't exclude you guys (the proof is in the surnames that some of you retain). Most Muslims in the subcontinent were previously Hindus or Buddhists. Please come correct, initially Buddhism was the popular faith in E.Bengal hence empires like Pala.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom