What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
Should the people of Bangladesh really do away with Devanagari script of Bangla and go for Arabic/Persian script? To Islamise our Language and bring back our real roots of East Bengal? The way our forefathers used to write and maybe talk?

I have an idea that our first initiative should be to make a Petition. And perhaps, it is a small step to a big change! We want your opinions of all the people here, and then decide if we will make this Petition.

By the way, I myself cannot make this petition because I am scared to go for this all by myself and I don't know much about the History as some of you here knows... We need someone who is wise, intelligent and knowledgeable to make this Petition for us and can add it to the description of the Petition, which will be able to convince most people to sign.

I think Change.org and GoPetition are a good places to start.

Change.org - The world's platform for change

Petition Templates, Samples & Examples | GoPetition

@kalu_miah @MBI Munshi @aazidane @khair_ctg @Saiful Islam @Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury @kobiraaz

I probably have noticed some you guys here being huge supporters of this movement. Should we first start with a Petition?

Welcome to the forum.

These are just ideas to think about and debate. I personally believe it is not yet the time to make a petition for such a change. But I appreciate your thought.

As we discussed in other threads, we still do not know exactly how our forefathers actually talked and used Bangla language before the Sanskritization that happened at Fort William college, I think we need to do more research to find out. Bangla Academy is doing similar research and more effort can be placed there and in the Bangla department of large universities, that should be worthwhile.

In general we need to focus more on the period of Muslim rule in Bengal from 1204-1757 to find our cultural roots and make the history from that period part of our early education. Here is an online history book you may find interesting:
The Rise of Islam and the Bengal Frontier, 1204–1760

Welcome to the forum.

In general we need to focus more on the period of Muslim rule in Bengal from 1204-1757 to find our cultural roots and make the history from that period part of our early education. Here is an online history book you may find interesting:

why not concentrate on all history and get your roots? why only Islamic rule? Your cultural roots are quite different from Arabs and Persians because you have a different history. There is a reason your language, culture, traditions evolved differently than others - you need to figure out why it has changed and why is it that such an evolution was required. before you make a delibrate attempt to "go back". You need to know why your kind "went forward" in this route.

Should the people of Bangladesh really do away with Devanagari script of Bangla and go for Arabic/Persian script? To Islamise our Language and bring back our real roots of East Bengal? The way our forefathers used to write and maybe talk?

I have an idea that our first initiative should be to make a Petition. And perhaps, it is a small step to a big change! We want your opinions of all the people here, and then decide if we will make this Petition.

By the way, I myself cannot make this petition because I am scared to go for this all by myself and I don't know much about the History as some of you here knows... We need someone who is wise, intelligent and knowledgeable to make this Petition for us and can add it to the description of the Petition, which will be able to convince most people to sign.

I think Change.org and GoPetition are a good places to start.

Change.org - The world's platform for change

Petition Templates, Samples & Examples | GoPetition

@kalu_miah @MBI Munshi @aazidane @khair_ctg @Saiful Islam @Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury @kobiraaz

I probably have noticed some you guys here being huge supporters of this movement. Should we first start with a Petition?
writing bangla in the arabic script (including the extra persian alphabets) should be encouraged. it definitely had use historically and still some people maybe using this nastaliq script for bangla at present. it will only help enrich bangla and make it more inclusive of the history of the Muslims of Bengal. the Bengal has a rich history in Urdu and Farsi, and one cannot imagine the loss if such heritage is neglected. whether to have the Bangla Nastaliq script get official stamp from the government is another matter and may take time. @Md Akmal no Bangla in Nastaliq script?

why not concentrate on all history and get your roots? why only Islamic rule? Your cultural roots are quite different from Arabs and Persians because you have a different history. There is a reason your language, culture, traditions evolved differently than others - you need to figure out why it has changed and why is it that such an evolution was required. before you make a delibrate attempt to "go back". You need to know why your kind "went forward" in this route.
Bengali in Nastaliq script is not the same as say Arabic in some Gulf country. even the Farsi of Bengal and the subcontinent used before colonization had differences with the Farsi of contemporary Iran.

what you essentially want to do is ignore Islamic history of the subcontinent right? Muslims of the subcontinent are a mixture of indigenous and settler in people and culture. your mindset is to de-Islamize the Muslims by deleting all the contributions the Muslims have made in the history of the subcontinent and restrict them to the Dharmic elements what were untouched and unchanged by Muslim civilization

Culturally enslaved and conquered people lack independent thinking. The history starts from their master's arrival.
so your history ENDS from your masters' arrival? masters = us

Last edited:
We are talking about changing the script not the language. Bangla used to be written in Persian because that's how it was written and used to be back in the day until 19th century, the British Sanskritised the script with the help of Hindu Brahmins so they could target the Muslims.

We should adopt the past script again in order to Islamize the language and help our people to read and write Quran better.
Bengali language and its root languages have been written in Brahmi derived scripts since time immemorial. Persian script only came with Muslim invaders. So those who are saying that Bengali was "originally" written in Persian/Arabic script need to read some history.

And if the intention is to Islamize BD then a lot else will need to completely change, including name of the country and the language. Most of the places' (including Dhaka's) and rivers' names will also have to be changed. Cultural norms and habits will also need to be changed. Dressing will have to be changed.

BTW Bengali is not written in Devanagari script. You are a false flagger, aren't you? I mean who doesn't know the script of his mother tongue?

Should the people of Bangladesh really do away with Devanagari script of Bangla and go for Arabic/Persian script?

I didn't know that script of Bengali language is know as Devanagari script. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Devanagari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bengali alphabet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

writing bangla in the arabic script (including the extra persian alphabets) should be encouraged. it definitely had use historically and still some people maybe using this nastaliq script for bangla at present. it will only help enrich bangla and make it more inclusive of the history of the Muslims of Bengal. the Bengal has a rich history in Urdu and Farsi, and one cannot imagine the loss if such heritage is neglected. whether to have the Bangla Nastaliq script get official stamp from the government is another matter and may take time. @Md Akmal no Bangla in Nastaliq script?

Perhaps you are forgetting this. Your whole country will revolt if any attempt to change the script is made.

27026d1328777772-why-bangladesh-21-feb.jpg

Perhaps you are forgetting this. Your whole country will revolt if any attempt to change the script is made.

I don't think so. Most people do not like Bangla, I mean no one really cares. Except for the Bangla nationalists.

So what calligraphic style will it be? Naskh or Nastaliq?

Nastaliq, I think!

Last edited:
Bengali language and its root languages have been written in Brahmi derived scripts since time immemorial. Persian script only came with Muslim invaders. So those who are saying that Bengali was "originally" written in Persian/Arabic script need to read some history.

And if the intention is to Islamize BD then a lot else will need to completely change, including name of the country and the language. Most of the places' (including Dhaka's) and rivers' names will also have to be changed. Cultural norms and habits will also need to be changed. Dressing will have to be changed.

BTW Bengali is not written in Devanagari script. You are a false flagger, aren't you? I mean who doesn't know the script of his mother tongue?
Quoted to emphasize!

I don't think so. Most people do not like Bangla, I mean no one really cares. Except for the Bangla nationalists.

Just claims, there is hardly any sentiment among Bangladeshi to disown Bengali script except the Jamat supporters.

Masters and you? Bitch please!! You are culturally conquered people. Go and check how your masters from desert treat you, even today. :lol:

So @khair_ctg is saying we were conquered by fish-bhaat eating people. :omghaha::omghaha:

Just claims, there is hardly any sentiment among Bangladeshi to disown Bengali script except the Jamat supporters.

The only place these jamatis can propose such retarded ideas is the internet. They would be beaten black and blue if they dare suggest something like that in real life.

J

So @khair_ctg is saying we were conquered by fish-bhaat eating people. :omghaha::omghaha:

Probably another wannabe Arab descendant!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom