What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
@The Snow Queen please do not be disheartened by comments from these posters. What internet provides is a glimpse into the inner workings of peoples mind, their biases and prejudices, likes and dislikes. I am glad that young people like you have joined this forum. You should encourage others to join as well. Just like school, this forum provides a learning experience that you do not get in school. You can get to know how others view us, specially those who holds little respect for us and in time you will learn to ignore them and their views. In 1947 our forefathers decided to go with break off from India to get away from such biased people.

Most importantly young generation of Bangladeshi's need to be informed so ask others to join and what all of you learn from here, explain that to friends, family and people you know.

Just claims, there is hardly any sentiment among Bangladeshi to disown Bengali script except the Jamat supporters.

Do you think all the Bangladeshis are idiots? Most of us are Muslims first and foremost and for us Muslims, religion comes first and then Nationality because we believe in Almighty Allah! Christian or a Hindu will never understand it! NEVER! Most of us would love to bring the Nastaliq script back because seriously it's going to help us with our religion and our identity as Muslims because that is our first priority! Like I said, it's true most Bangladeshis don't really give a damn about Bangla script. Infact everyone hates studying it and you can see the proof in schools.

So @khair_ctg is saying we were conquered by fish-bhaat eating people.

We ain't fish bhaat eating people. That's why we want to change the script and our way of culture so people can distinguish us between West Bengalis vegetarian fish-bhaat eating people with their ganga panga pooja. We are omnivorous people who eat Chicken, goat etc. And cow which you people call it "Maa" LMAO
You should come to Bangladesh some day during Eid al Azha and see how we slaughter your cows and it's literally on the streets! And we call it Qurbaani Eid!! The poor and the Fakirs looooove Qurbaani Eid, because they get free meat!

The only place these jamatis can propose such retarded ideas is the internet. They would be beaten black and blue if they dare suggest something like that in real life.

What's the deal with labelling Muslim Bangladeshis as Jamaati!? You think we are Hindus like West Bengalis so if I say anything Islamic you get to automatically call us Jamaatis? We are Muslims but not Jamaatis! That's why we want a separate script so people don't associate us and think we and Hindu West Bengalis are the same because we are not.

Last edited:
@The Snow Queen please do not be disheartened by comments from these posters. What internet provides is a glimpse into the inner workings of peoples mind, their biases and prejudices, likes and dislikes. I am glad that young people like you have joined this forum. You should encourage others to join as well. Just like school, this forum provides a learning experience that you do not get in school. You can get to know how others view us, specially those who holds little respect for us and in time you will learn to ignore them and their views. In 1947 our forefathers decided to go with break off from India to get away from such biased people.

Thanks! These mindless idiots don't really offend me. And I totally get what you mean! Okay, I'll let people I know about this forum.

Most importantly young generation of Bangladeshi's need to be informed so ask others to join and what all of you learn from here, explain that to friends, family and people you know.

I have already discussed it with my friends and cousins and they think changing the script is an excellent idea! I was so glad when I heard their opinions afterwards about this issue. And some said maybe it's too late for that... I said it's okay, have some hope and I know it's really, really long way ahead for something like this to finally come happen...

What's the deal with labelling Muslim Bangladeshis as Jamaati!? You think we are Hindus like West Bengalis so if I say anything Islamic you get to automatically call us Jamaatis? We are Muslims but not Jamaatis! That's why we want a separate script so people don't associate us and think we and Hindu West Bengalis are the same because we are not.

First of all, someone who says that the Bengali script is Devanagari can't be taken seriously. There are many jamaat supporters on this forum, we call them jamaatis. If you are not one of them then good for you. And no, I don't think you are like Hindus; you are most welcome to change the script, in fact I voted yes. :lol:

Like I said, it's true most Bangladeshis don't really give a damn about Bangla script. Infact everyone hates studying it and you can see the proof in schools.
Oh the burger generation and their world views. Did you go to a English medium school or a Bangla medium? If English medium (which I am 90% sure is the case), how many Bangla medium schooled people do you know?

Oh the burger generation and their world views. Did you go to a English medium school or a Bangla medium? If English medium (which I am 90% sure is the case), how many Bangla medium schooled people do you know?

You are right I am from English medium school... However, I do know some people from Bangla medium school. Three of them are my cousins and two which are facebook friends with whom I have talked with and I told them about this and they did agree with me!!

I don't get it? Bangla is a language with it's own script, now why would anyone think of changing that? it's like someone writing English in their local language which doesn't make any sense.

If the only purpose of it is to get closer to the arabs or the persians- then why not learn their language and use their script - why eff up a beautiful language?

The guy knows 5 people from the national curriculum....and he came to his conclusion about 15 crore people from those 5 people....HE MUST BE RIGHT!

Most of us are Muslims first and foremost and for us Muslims, religion comes first and then Nationality because we believe in Almighty Allah! Christian or a Hindu will never understand it! NEVER! Most of us would love to bring the Nastaliq script back because seriously it's going to help us with our religion and our identity as Muslims because that is our first priority! Like I said, it's true most Bangladeshis don't really give a damn about Bangla script. Infact everyone hates studying it and you can see the proof in schools
This can be dangerous. Why not be Muslim and reject Arabic influences. is that not possible? look where Arabs live where you live? Instead of blind belief, why not start looking for sources which criticize your religion(s) for a balanced view on religion?

This can be dangerous. Why not be Muslim and reject Arabic influences. is that not possible? look where Arabs live where you live? Instead of blind belief, why not start looking for sources which criticize your religion(s) for a balanced view on religion?
Sorry,its all or nothing.its been said hundreds of times in this forum.leave religion alone.in vain it seems.
There is no balance view in Islam.either you believe, or you don't.
Just because someone is born to Muslim parents/community/country he/she is not a Muslim.its a practicing religion with all its aspects.
Because religion comes first does not means we should forget our history. Then what will be the difference between a Muslim and a Jew?

These petitions are for hippies, i'll take the original poster seriously if shes hot. I only take beautiful women seriously.

Bengali in Nastaliq script is not the same as say Arabic in some Gulf country. even the Farsi of Bengal and the subcontinent used before colonization had differences with the Farsi of contemporary Iran.

what you essentially want to do is ignore Islamic history of the subcontinent right? Muslims of the subcontinent are a mixture of indigenous and settler in people and culture. your mindset is to de-Islamize the Muslims by deleting all the contributions the Muslims have made in the history of the subcontinent and restrict them to the Dharmic elements what were untouched and unchanged by Muslim civilization

so your history ENDS from your masters' arrival? masters = us

no, what i essentially want the people to do is embrace non islamic history as well. After all, it is equally your history as the islamic history is.

What you are doing is ONLY and CATEGORICALLY focussing on islamic history by disowning and not taking into consideration the other history. Dont you think this is "intolerance" to your own kind?

You can learn from history, but you need to take it unbiased. you have shown bias to your history - you are bound to repeat mistakes.

Should the people of Bangladesh really do away with Devanagari script of Bangla and go for Arabic/Persian script? To Islamise our Language and bring back our real roots of East Bengal? The way our forefathers used to write and maybe talk?

I have an idea that our first initiative should be to make a Petition. And perhaps, it is a small step to a big change! We want your opinions of all the people here, and then decide if we will make this Petition.

By the way, I myself cannot make this petition because I am scared to go for this all by myself and I don't know much about the History as some of you here knows... We need someone who is wise, intelligent and knowledgeable to make this Petition for us and can add it to the description of the Petition, which will be able to convince most people to sign.

I think Change.org and GoPetition are a good places to start.

Change.org - The world's platform for change

Petition Templates, Samples & Examples | GoPetition

@kalu_miah @MBI Munshi @aazidane @khair_ctg @Saiful Islam @Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury @kobiraaz

I probably have noticed some you guys here being huge supporters of this movement. Should we first start with a Petition?

That's honestly an excellent idea, but a half-hearted attempt to rectify the anomaly, why do you want to change only the script to Arabic? Arabic is the real language of Muslims and should not only be the primary language, but the ONE & ONLY language of the Islamic Republic of Bangladesh. And along with this Hindu Brahmanical Bengali language, make sure to get rid of all the traces of Hindu Brahmanical Bengali literature and its stalwarts like that malaun Islamophobe Tagore. Don't set your aspirations low, the cultural cleansing should be elaborate & complete in all respect. You cannot fill up a already full glass, can you? All aspects of Bengaliness including its culture, language, literature, and those stupid stuffs like Poila Boishakh and Bhasha Dibas etc. should be promptly thrown into the Bay of Bengal, then only you can fill the vacuum with proper Islamic & Arabic culture, language, & literature.

Back
Top Bottom