What's new

:: Should the JF-17B (Dual Seater) be used by ACM in Pakistan Day Flypast ::

Which jet should be used by ACM in Pakistan Day Flypast?

• JF-17B

Votes: 60 87.0%
  • F-16D

Votes: 9 13.0%

• Total voters
PAF will not be buying any 2 seaters as far as I know. It is meant for export.
I thought you will need it on day. As LIFT aircraft, it can keep your pilots' skills. I thought every squadron need some JF-17B to train pilots, and even take 3 tanks to do CAP mission. Next time if IAF mirage invades again, you don't need to take off from ground, just shoot at your targets.

I thought JF-17B is far better than Beoing T-x。

Just because Pakistan does not see itself a customer, does not necessarily mean it cannot market one of its 3 other variants (Block I/II/III) to the International Market.

Now this would be another debate away from the current topic, but, if any nation opts to take an interest in the JF-17B (dual seater) is certainly going to see it perform first hand. If we just tell them to get on a plane & fly to China, it really doesn't make it our aircraft - it would just be 'FC-1b'.
Time will tell........

I thought Turkey have a lot of F-5s to be replaced. Maybe?

I thought you will need it on day. As LIFT aircraft, it can keep your pilots' skills. I thought every squadron need some JF-17B to train pilots, and even take 3 tanks to do CAP mission. Next time if IAF mirage invades again, you don't need to take off from ground, just shoot at your targets.

Look, I love our JF-17's - but that Boeing/SAAB T-X is a thing of a beauty, as well.

I'm going to have to see a comparison chart before I can give my verdict. The T-X probably has a crazy price tag attached to it for Export.

Look, I love our JF-17's - but that Boeing/SAAB T-X is a thing of a beauty, as well.

I'm going to have to see a comparison chart before I can give my verdict. The T-X probably has a crazy price tag attached to it for Export.
I thought the biggest problem is you can never really have those jets. USA controll those jes, if pakistan wanna use their F-16 to attack India, USA will ban them.

So, you can buy T-X easily. But how to use it, you should ask USA first.

Honestly JF17 is sufficient for even Rafale

Stick on it a long range missile and with AESA it will be deadly

I wished India had fast tracked the Rafale

Would have been great to see it shot down inside Pakistan

Not sure if there will be a 23 March parade this year. But if there is, make sure to color the JF17B in this scheme for the flypast:

image_5a510385bfdeb4_91146316.jpg

:pakistan:

Probably to service aircraft to ensure maximum availability.
Parade is ON,

Time will tell........

I thought Turkey have a lot of F-5s to be replaced. Maybe?
PAF has invested quite a bit on the JF-17 simulators and the training curriculum is as such now that we don't need a 2 seater trainer to bring up the currency of our new pilots on the platform.

The only reason that PAF would opt for it is if it is felt that for some strike/weapons delivery roles, a two seater can afford more to the PAF than a single seater. Things can always change though.

Not sure if there will be a 23 March parade this year. But if there is, make sure to color the JF17B in this scheme for the flypast:

image_5a510385bfdeb4_91146316.jpg

:pakistan:

Probably to service aircraft to ensure maximum availability.
Tri-services are at high alert till further notice....we may see the calmness on the Political front but Militarily nothing has changed....AWACs are in are...CAPs are done - ready to shoot with gloves off.....

PAF has invested quite a bit on the JF-17 simulators and the training curriculum is as such now that we don't need a 2 seater trainer to bring up the currency of our new pilots on the platform.

The only reason that PAF would opt for it is if it is felt that for some strike/weapons delivery roles, a two seater can afford more to the PAF than a single seater. Things can always change though.
The JF17B is being introduced as a strike A/C to replace the embargoed F16D Block 52+

Well, the ACM was flown in the F-16, afterall - and second year straight, he was the Rio for Wg Cdr. Nouman Ali Khan.

And though Sqn Ldr. Hasan Siddiqui is from the No. 14 Squadron (Tail Choppers), he wasn't flying in the parade.

Hopefully next year, the JF17B will be mature enough to lead the show!!! It is still in early testing mode, so needs a bit more time to mature.

Back
Top Bottom