What's new

Pakistan Air Force to receive first 12 JF-17B combat aircraft ‘in near future’

Yaar @StormBreaker mein block-3 discussion thread pe ban hua hoon The Eagle ki taraf se:(, but my Concern is real for Rafale, most of members here takes RAFALE lightly but its one of the best 4.5th/4++ jet in the , and we have no counter against it F-16 block -52 way behind/ block-3 JF-17 :disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:, on my brain there will be 2 solutions for countering RAFALE, 1- we should buy long range modern SAMs like HQ-9C or develop tactics against RAFALE with friendly countries that have RAFALE in their Air Forces like QATAR/Egypt
Listen friend; the area is huge where are you going to put long range SAMs etc. There will be a new set of tactics to deal with new threats; it is normal evolution of symetric warfare which includes sometimes adopting very unconventional tactics. It is not a numbers game.
History and tactics are read and read and analysed for this very purpose. In 73 war, when faced with complete takedown of IAF; tactics evolved albiet with some assistance.
Just fruit for some thought.

IMG_20200208_185903.jpg

IMG_20200208_185905.jpg

AFAIK the first image of the KLJ-7A variant with the additional cheek arrays with the yellow cover removed ... anyone want to count the elements?
For comparison an older image with the yellow cover attached.

(Images via by78/SDF) https://t.co/KEFerEWnyq

Credit @Deino

View attachment 604151
View attachment 604153
AFAIK the first image of the KLJ-7A variant with the additional cheek arrays with the yellow cover removed ... anyone want to count the elements?

Credit @Deino

Poor quality pic it would be hard but i think it’s stated multiple places as range of 1000-1200 trm range not sure which version of klj-7a

While the other Chinese competition was 800-900 range

View attachment 604151
View attachment 604153

Credit @Deino

Thanks for quoting me, but I must admit I'm not sure if this is indeed the Block 3 variant, since so far it is only confirmed as a KLJ-7A, but not, which specific subtype.

Thanks for quoting me, but I must admit I'm not sure if this is indeed the Block 3 variant, since so far it is only confirmed as a KLJ-7A, but not, which specific subtype.
How many types KLJ-7A has ???

3 different types were presented. One was air cooled other was hybrid and third was liquid cooled variant. This air cooled variant is not same as LKF601E. Pakistan choose one with hybrid cooling system or so the reports suggest.

Thanks a lot, but AFAIK there were two different systems in principle: the first with a swiveling mount and the second one fixed with the side cheeks. Any idea which one was chosen?

KLJ-7A AESA NRIET 14. Institute variants.jpg

Thanks a lot, but AFAIK there were two different systems in principle: the first with a swiveling mount and the second one fixed with the side cheeks. Any idea which one was chosen?

View attachment 604477

Alan Warnes suggested that it is an aircooled variant of KLJ7A so my guess would be the one without side cheeks considering that is the one with low power requirement.

Hi

Alan Warnes has thrown a monkey wrench in a spinning wheel
MK any news about new procurement by PAF other than blk 3 and Bravo???or PAF is ok with blk 3 to counter Rafale?? Eygpt is buying EF from italy along ships worth of 9 billion.

MK any news about new procurement by PAF other than blk 3 and Bravo???or PAF is ok with blk 3 to counter Rafale?? Eygpt is buying EF from italy along ships worth of 9 billion.

No idea as of now---.

This question may sound stupid to professionals, but I'm really confused. Why dual-seat is an upgrade to single-seat? Isn't single-seat lighter and therefore more agile?

This question may sound stupid to professionals, but I'm really confused. Why dual-seat is an upgrade to single-seat? Isn't single-seat lighter and therefore more agile?

You need two seater to train the pilots, also two seater divides the role of pilot which come in handy during conbat roles such as strike missions and electronic jamming.

Back
Top Bottom