What's new

Pakistan Air Force to receive first 12 JF-17B combat aircraft ‘in near future’

How can you say that? Seniors discussed this last year. This was under testing along with AESA radar. Probably was used on 27th

Which senior discussed this, please cite a source, thanks.

Doubt it as H SOWs have same clearance issues as earlier Raad.

I thought ra'ad could be carried fine on wings, just clearance issues on with the tail, the H series shouldn't suffer from the same issue?

thats sucks.. whats the limitng factor that wont make JF17b a growler, link to discussion

So i had this discussion with some PLA guys to see what they had available for export, realistically, the closest to a growler we could get would be a JF-17 carrying some form of pod based solution, like the KG-600. However, there isn't anything to stop it as per say, it would be more logistical issues where PAF would need to source equipment from multiple OEMs, OEMs who would have to be willing to work with China, of which there are only a very few

Ithought ra'ad could be carried fine on wings, just clearance issues on with the tail, the H series shouldn't suffer from the same issue?

The inner wing station which has requisite load bearing capacity reportedly leave the tail of Raad (and H SOWs) with no space from the landing gears. Probably one of the reason why new Raad has more compact X-tail configuration.

Since when is the Block 2 JF-17B an "EW Growler"?? I know this is discussed since some time but a given proof so far was not found.

Hi,

Yessir indeed---because Deino has asked for it---so proof should be provided in writing and in a 'link' mode for an extremely tactical and sensitive equipment that is normally kept secret---.

So since last sqn raised it 28 , 12 single seater and 12 dual seater has been rolled out but so far no new sqn raised ???

what’s the deal here

So since last sqn raised it 28 , 12 single seater and 12 dual seater has been rolled out but so far no new sqn raised ???

what’s the deal here
I think they dnt want to give IAF reason to buy more Russian jets they would hve ordered 50 planes instead of 33

what’s the deal here
I think purely logistics of setting up a squadron. Normally squadrons are set upcmuch before they are officially announced so one may not hear of it for months to come. My 2 paisas worth.
A

Back
Top Bottom