What's new

Pakistan Air Force to receive first 12 JF-17B combat aircraft ‘in near future’

Exact RCS of aircrafts are secret. Rafael RCS is lower due to use of some desogn features but it is a medium weight twin engine fighter so it cant be lower then thunder by just using composite and modified inlets.
what about IR signature of Rafale to be tracked by FLIR.

IR rafale.jpg

Not sure how authentic this pic is

what about IR signature of Rafale to be tracked by FLIR.

View attachment 603762

Not sure how authentic this pic is
I am not expert on the subject however, as per my limited knowledge FLIR has range limitations plus FLIR has low chances of detection from front at long ranges and weather also plays its part in making them difficult to detect.

FLIR true use is against anti stealth when a low observable aircraft switch off its radar to avoid radar warning receivers. In such cases FLIR have more chances to detect low observable aircrafts then radars.

guys, what is the purpose of the Dual seat version? Strike missions? Training?

I am not expert on the subject however, as per my limited knowledge FLIR has range limitations plus FLIR has low chances of detection from front at long ranges and weather also plays its part in making them difficult to detect.

FLIR true use is against anti stealth when a low observable aircraft switch off its radar to avoid radar warning receivers. In such cases FLIR have more chances to detect low observable aircrafts then radars.
FLIR helps in passive detection, which means radar doesnt need to be switched ON, which further means enemy has a hard time detecting you, jamming you, targeting you. FLIR range can also be more than that of range under favorable weather conditions and very high ECM/Jamming environment.

FLIR helps in passive detection, which means radar doesnt need to be switched ON, which further means enemy has a hard time detecting you, jamming you, targeting you. FLIR range can also be more than that of range under favorable weather conditions and very high ECM/Jamming environment.
Does JF 17 have this?

Yaar @StormBreaker mein block-3 discussion thread pe ban hua hoon The Eagle ki taraf se:(, but my Concern is real for Rafale, most of members here takes RAFALE lightly but its one of the best 4.5th/4++ jet in the , and we have no counter against it F-16 block -52 way behind/ block-3 JF-17 :disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:, on my brain there will be 2 solutions for countering RAFALE, 1- we should buy long range modern SAMs like HQ-9C or develop tactics against RAFALE with friendly countries that have RAFALE in their Air Forces like QATAR/Egypt

ASELPOD is IR capable

@Hakikat ve Hikmet ?
ASELPOD is a high performance electro-optical reconnaissance, surveillance and targeting system designed specifically for fighter aircrafts. ASELPOD is designed as the new generation targeting pod for fighter aircrafts.

ASELPOD is a multi-sensor targeting pod consisting of:

High Resolution, 3rd generation FLIR
Advanced Video Tracking (Simultaneously on IR/Day Video)
IR/Day Video & Mission History Recording
Advanced Image Processing
Matched FOVs for IR and TV Cameras
Super Wide Field of View for IR Camera

Navigation capability at Night with IR video on HUD
Continuous Zoom for IR Camera (Optional)
Simultaneous Target Tracking on IR and TV Videos

Simultaneous Recording of IR and TV Videos and Mission Data

Fields of View (FOVs)

(Horizontal)
IR: 0.8° - 4.0° - 28°
TV: 0.8° - 4.0°

https://www.aselsan.com.tr/en/capabilities/avionics-and-navigation-systems/electrooptical-systems/aselpod-advanced-targeting-pod-electrooptical-reconnaissance-surveillance-and-targeting-system

Last edited:
Yaar @StormBreaker mein block-3 discussion thread pe ban hua hoon The Eagle ki taraf se:(, but my Concern is real for Rafale, most of members here takes RAFALE lightly but its one of the best 4.5th/4++ jet in the , and we have no counter against it F-16 block -52 way behind/ block-3 JF-17 :disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:, on my brain there will be 2 solutions for countering RAFALE, 1- we should buy long range modern SAMs like HQ-9C or develop tactics against RAFALE with friendly countries that have RAFALE in their Air Forces like QATAR/Egypt
What makes u think that we already not working on the poibts u mentioned?

Didnt we witnessed a well prepared response to indian aggression in just a day ? Dont u think these tactics were planned in advance ?

Back
Top Bottom