What's new

Pakistan Air Force to receive first 12 JF-17B combat aircraft ‘in near future’

So now Janes may have got the radar wrong?? Seriously. Why would you want to encourage Speculations again by questioning this news?
I am not. I am waiting for corroboration from another source first.
Google translation ...
"According to media reports, recently there was a heavy news that the Pakistani Air Force ’s Dragon will bring a major upgrade, that is, the third batch of Dragons developed by China has been realized, and this fighter is also equipped with a black technology. It is the KLJ-7A radar provided by China, which has even led the Indian Rafale fighter in detection capabilities."

So now we have two sources confirming that it indeed is an Air-Cooled KLJ-7A AESA version.
1) Janes
2) Alan Warnes Twitter Account
This is the confirmation I was waiting for.
Kudos to everyone.

Hope PAF selected this one.. Can this fits under the Round nose of JF-17??

2018-11-19-LKF601E-KLJ-7A-Qui-sera-le-prochain-radar-AESA-du-JF-17-24.jpg

Just like showing in this?
images (2).jpeg

I am not. I am waiting for corroboration from another source first.

Google translation ...
"According to media reports, recently there was a heavy news that the Pakistani Air Force ’s Dragon will bring a major upgrade, that is, the third batch of Dragons developed by China has been realized, and this fighter is also equipped with a black technology. It is the KLJ-7A radar provided by China, which has even led the Indian Rafale fighter in detection capabilities."

So now we have two sources confirming that it indeed is an Air-Cooled KLJ-7A AESA version.
1) Janes
2) Alan Warnes Twitter Account
This is the confirmation I was waiting for.
Kudos to everyone.

No it does not! If you post the same at several more forums, the number of sources remains the same ... Therefore I would rate these two only as one, since Alan Warnes posted de facto only at Twitter what he wrote for Jane's.

Lol.

B's are not to get the AESA as far as I know. It's just an article which talks about Block III and B variant both.
Yeah, that's what I was pointing out too.

Commonly we have 2-3 Topics on the same subject. And we've been discussing the AESA Radar forever, but when it is revealed..., it goes under the radar ;), and ends up on a totally unrelated Topic.

Although, there is no official word on what type of Radar will be on the B-variant, the other topic on it is still in conversation if it'll have EW Suite...

Well some say that Meteor's NEZ is the largest of the all Air to Air Missiles

No. I beleive Rafale's RCS is lower
@The Accountant

If news of PL-15 BVR having AESA seeker is true then it will be very deadly BVR with very good NEZ and will give Rafales run for their money

Hope PAF selected this one.. Can this fits under the Round nose of JF-17??

View attachment 603674

Just like showing in this?
View attachment 603675

Why this one??

Liquid cooled KLJ-7A is one with main radar + 2 side-arrays.

Air cooled version of KLJ-7A is the main radar array only version.

Hope this provides the needed clarification.

Back
Top Bottom