What's new

:: Should the JF-17B (Dual Seater) be used by ACM in Pakistan Day Flypast ::

Which jet should be used by ACM in Pakistan Day Flypast?

• JF-17B

Votes: 60 87.0%
  • F-16D

Votes: 9 13.0%

• Total voters

Trailer23

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
One way of Marketing the JF-17 would be using the Dual Seat Version (JF-17B) by the Chief of Airstaff leading the Pakistan Day Flypast.

I'm not saying that by ditching the F-16, should be considered as slap to our US counterparts, but we outta start promoting our jet given the fact it was used in a recent dogfight(s) against India.

I don't know if there is even a single JF-17B for trials in Pakistan, if not, I doubt our friends in China would mind lending us one prototype over the weekend.

JF-17B-08-692x360.jpg

Our two hero’s should lead the fly past with their respective aircraft

I sure hope Block 3 has speeded up on delivery and so has JF17B

If we can fast track both maybe a JF17B can lead 2 x JF17 Block III

Btw all leave is still cancelled at Kamra they are doing over time

You need at least two ''B'' types to be operational that day.
One aircraft is always on standby in case the first one develops a snag on the ground.

How many B units Pakistan has by now?

You need at least two ''B'' types to be operational that day.
One aircraft is always on standby in case the first one develops a snag on the ground.
Yeah, but if there were a snag - they could always keep the F-16D as a backup.

Truth be told, I wasn't aware of the FOC as pointed out by @CriticalThought .

I suppose you may be right about having a backup, if a snag were to come up. But I just assumed that 23rd March Flypast would be 1 week short of an entire month when the JF-17 had scored its 1st Kill* in front of the International Community.

Having Foreign Military Personnel see out bird in Pakistani colors would've done wonders as a marketing tool. 2020's Flypast would not bring the same impact. Oh well...

*Note: The 2nd kill is still under debate - JF-17 or F-16

PAF will not be buying any 2 seaters as far as I know. It is meant for export.
Just because Pakistan does not see itself a customer, does not necessarily mean it cannot market one of its 3 other variants (Block I/II/III) to the International Market.

Now this would be another debate away from the current topic, but, if any nation opts to take an interest in the JF-17B (dual seater) is certainly going to see it perform first hand. If we just tell them to get on a plane & fly to China, it really doesn't make it our aircraft - it would just be 'FC-1b'.

Back
Top Bottom