What's new

Should Pakistan deploy their forces in Iraq & Syria to protect Holy sites?

Should Pakistan deploy their forces in Iraq & Syria to protect Holy sites?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
what about
1. Karbala
2. Shrine of Hazrat Ali
3. Shrine of Hazrat Ameer Muavia
4. Shrine of sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani

Aren't these sacred places ??
The problem is that some Pakistanis, like the one who you have quoted, are more sympathizing with the ones who demolish these places. other problem is what Imran Khan is mentioned:
while pakistan it self is deep in mess deploy force to secure karachi at least first . secure your air ports first . or at least secure your highways from gangs secure balouchistan or gawader first secure fata first secure nothren areas where tourism is end secure afghan border first where 24 hours before you lost solders officers . :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
In short, no strong will to protect those places, and no real ability to do so. So, it won't happen.

@FaujHistorian - What other link we share with Syrians and Iraq if not Islamic heritage?

I smell hubris from your posts.

Please read the military history since WW-1, we share a lot more than religion.

Our soldiers have been the "peace makers" in the region.

Governments changed, regimes changed, but our soldiers have played the important role of peace makers.

The problem is that some Pakistanis, like the one who you have quoted, are more sympathizing with the ones who demolish these places. other problem is what Imran Khan is mentioned:

you are correct in some ways. yes we have had KSA and iran infected Pakistanis who did terrible things since 1979.

But those are not part of Pakistani army.

In fact Pakistani army has hunted them down and hunting them down as we speak.

Hope you see the difference.

When your neighbor's house is on fire,

you better go over with bucketfuls of water.

Because if you don't, then sooner than later, your own house and your own kids and grand kids will die in the same fire.

Policing is inaccurate in this case.

Think of firefighting.

Thank you.
But what if , Your house is also on fire ? .. what will you do then ? ... will you try to put out the neighbors fire or will you try to put out your fire first ?

Allah k bandey i mean Rasul, Sahaba, Ahl Bayt, Auliya bhi tou dilon mn rehty hain

I think we are talking about the same thing.

Please note, Rasul, Sahaba, Ahl Bayt, Auliya were all men and women. while we are talking about God.

But what if , Your house is also on fire ? .. what will you do then ? ... will you try to put out the neighbors fire or will you try to put out your fire first ?

Off course you are correct sir.

Remember our peace keepers rotate in and out of different fires.

See the soldier in the 2013 video in this thread. He fought in bajore and then got posted in Africa/Congo.

Do you see fear in his eyes or the eyes of his officers.

Heck no.

So do get informed on the topic before posting. Thank you.

Pak army brings PEACE from Wazirastan all the way to Congo

Please read the military history since WW-1, we share a lot more than religion.

Our soldiers have been the "peace makers" in the region.

Governments changed, regimes changed, but our soldiers have played the important role of peace makers.

you are correct in some ways. yes we have had KSA and iran infected Pakistanis who did terrible things since 1979.

But those are not part of Pakistani army.

In fact Pakistani army has hunted them down and hunting them down as we speak.

That's right. but, the point that I was referring to, is that an army needs to have public support to send troops to a foreign country, while you would not have it, in this case ;)

@FaujHistorian

Out of context,U read what mr.fauji has written. It is not that both the houses r on fire.

if your house is on fire,first u wil first try to extinguish the fire & then try to salvage the things

In case if yr neighbours house catches fire,there is a chance that fire may spread to yr house.

FaujHistorian said:

Because if you don't, then sooner than later, your own house and your own kids and grand kids will die in the same fire.

Think of firefighting.

Thank you.

what about
1. Karbala
2. Shrine of Hazrat Ali
3. Shrine of Hazrat Ameer Muavia
4. Shrine of sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani

Aren't these sacred places ??

They are not holy sites for me, I made it clear in my earlier post.

In short, no strong will to protect those places, and no real ability to do so. So, it won't happen.

I condemn the demolishing of any site by millitants in Iraq and Syria. But my point of view is quite simple that I don't consider these shrines as "holy", that does not mean I approve their demolishing , for me they are historical sites and should be viewed only in that perspective.

I think we are talking about the same thing.

Please note, Rasul, Sahaba, Ahl Bayt, Auliya were all men and women. while we are talking about God.

Off course you are correct sir.

Remember our peace keepers rotate in and out of different fires.

See the soldier in the 2013 video in this thread. He fought in bajore and then got posted in Africa/Congo.

Do you see fear in his eyes or the eyes of his officers.

Heck no.

So do get informed on the topic before posting. Thank you.

Pak army brings PEACE from Wazirastan all the way to Congo

I am pretty much well informed .. thank you for that .. :)

Congo & Iraq are two very different kind of fish ? , or any other place we serve as a peacekeeping force it is not us alone , we go under the flag of UN , not under the Flag of Pakistan , Pakistan does not pay for that , UN does , we do not provide logistics , weapons , salaries etc ... UN does, we are already a cash strapped Nation and have hardly scrapped money to clear our own mess ... how do you think we will finance that ... ? did you take any repercussions into account ? what do you think will happen if TTP gets another ally ? another source of funding ? another nursery of full grown & trained Terrorists ? What will you do then ?

So please next time you tell me how it works ... do your research first . :)

That's right. but, the point that I was referring to, is that an army needs to have public support to send troops to a foreign country, while you would not have it, in this case ;)

Agha Jaan

This thread's OP is only a small indication that there is a support.

And I share that view as a Pakistani,

so do my neighbors and friends.

So please do give some weight to the people of Pakistan and not just rely on some hyperactive anti-peace Islamists on this forum.

thank you.

I am pretty much well informed .. thank you for that .. :)

Bhai sahib

Since when an exchange of ideas means "you are not informed". Far from it. If you miss some references, I supply them.

You do the same. Please naraz na hoon bahi jaan.

... we go under the flag of UN , not under the Flag of Pakistan ,

Good point.

Please note, the helmet is blue, but Pakistani flag adorn the uniforms, their side arms, and the military bases.

Why on earth you assume I am excluding blue helmet?

UN will be ecstatic to hear that Pakistan can supply 10,000 trained men to bring peace.

please do not jump on conclusions.

thank you,.

Last edited:
@FaujHistorian

Out of context,U read what mr.fauji has written. It is not that both the houses r on fire.

if your house is on fire,first u wil first try to extinguish the fire & then try to salvage the things

In case if yr neighbours house catches fire,there is a chance that fire may spread to yr house.

FaujHistorian said:

Think of firefighting.

Thank you.

Suresh bhai

Thanks for highlighting the text.

Sometimes we are too emotional to read the full post with proper context.

Best regards

Agha Jaan

This thread's OP is only a small indication that there is a support.

And I share that view as a Pakistani,

so do my neighbors and friends.

So please do give some weight to the people of Pakistan and not just rely on some hyperactive anti-peace Islamists on this forum.

thank you.

Bhai sahib

Since when an exchange of ideas means "you are not informed". Far from it. If you miss some references, I supply them.

You do the same. Please naraz na hoon bahi jaan.

Good point.

Please note, the helmet is blue, but Pakistani flag adorn the uniforms, their side arms, and the military bases.

Why on earth you assume I am excluding blue helmet?

UN will be ecstatic to hear that Pakistan can supply 10,000 trained men to bring peace.

please do not jump on conclusions.

thank you,.

as I said before , the problem is not the deployment .. it is the consequences , it is not Black & White as in the case of Congo or any other place we serves as peacekeepers .. It might solve 1 problem for Iraq but it will create 10 for us .

and as they say in Urdu

"Hum nay sab ka theka nahi lay rakha "

Hope you understand .

Last edited:
Suresh bhai

Thanks for highlighting the text.

Sometimes we are too emotional to read the full post with proper context.

Best regards

yr statement is as clear as the sun in the bright sky on any clear day

yr appreciation made me so happy that I can see the radiant smile on my face.

It is 12:45 am,just waiting for the footbal match,

I wasn't talking about Israel but Syria and Iraq but I understand your point.

Egypt was in favour of UN peacekeeping action in Syria, when Kofi Annan was negotiating early on in the Syrian conflict, the peacekeeping force would have mainly been made of Arab soldiers, the bulk coming from Egypt and Jordan, however, that obviously fell through. Egypt is also currently in talks with the Iraqi regime on supplying them with arms to fight ISIS (if they have not already).

Just so I'm clear, Egypt will not be realistically involved in any military action abroad unless it is sanctioned by a UN Resolution or as part of a coalition force. It already commits a significant amount of troops to UN peacekeeping missions across the world in addition to multiple field hospitals, for example the Bagram hospital in Afghanistan, it is also committed to train troops from friendly and sisterly countries such as Libya. Even though it is in turmoil Egypt still contributes significantly to the region militarily and politically, however, it largely goes unnoticed due to several reasons.

No they should not send any troops right now because they are at war with muslim organisations. If they really are muslim then they will not destroy holy sites. However if they are Israeli agents then yes send troops.

Also if there is any chance of Pakistani involvement it should only be carried out as dual/combined operation with Iran. This will help solidify our friendship and vastly decrease any major war occurring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom