What's new

Should India spend Rs 1000cr on a single fighter jet?

Even IAF is not willing to fly LCA they haven't put any order of it and Indians are talking about mk2 and mk3....:rofl::omghaha:

Before talking of 4th Generation technology getting obsolete, retire the J 7 which is a copy of 3rd generation Mig 21. We shall have 5th generation plane much ahead of anybody else. Our PAKFA is already flying and performing unbelievable maneuvers. FAGA will follow in couple of years and than LCA MK3 and than AMCA. .

J7 is not the front line fighter, If Indian airforce is so confident about Russian PAKFA, you guys wouldn't need to spend a huge amount as 20 to 25 billions for Rafale project, you could have just upgrate Su-30mki and wait for your 5th gen...what my assessement is that India knew that it will never get the TOT of keys technology from PakFa, so Rafale is a plan B :lol: and I'm pretty sure that even your plan B will fail as well as per my previous explaination.

good point. What a sneaky move.

I'm not even an aerospace expert and I'm able to see India big ambition, how on earth Russia and France can not see India ambition on India aerospace industry project.

Russia and France realized China with the Su27 TOT played in very big role in China mature aerospace industry. Both nations don't want to see future competition and India will eat up their share in fighter jet.

You think US will allow junior partnership in f35 to have access to all the sensitive information and technology of the program?

Even IAF is not willing to fly LCA they haven't put any order of it and Indians are talking about mk2 and mk3....:rofl::omghaha:
Pakistan is doing really well in inducting LCA in large quantity, you will see the benefits in the near future when you make progress steadily.

Russians even not allow roaming around to Indians near PAKFA you are just buyer so stop dreaming and come out from Disneyland...
The investment for PAKFA is just a qualification bought to buy it, nothing more than that. If India didn't invest money, they won't get a 5th gen fighter anywhere else in the world. India is extremely afraid of sanction out of nowhere if they go for F35. When you are a cash cow means you don't have choices.

Valid point Turkey after spending so much is only allowed to make one part that also fuel tank... Lol:sarcastic:

Can't you blame the US for guarding their key technology? Turkey only make down payment to the f35 for future purchase and US allow Turkey to make key contribution to the program with help build the fuel tank, win win for both.

J7 is not the front line fighter, If Indian airforce is so confident about Russian PAKFA, you guys wouldn't need to spend a huge amount as 20 to 25 billions for Rafale project, you could have just upgrate Su-30mki and wait for your 5th gen...what my assessement is that India knew that it will never get the TOT of keys technology from PakFa, so Rafale is a plan B :lol: and I'm pretty sure that even your plan B will fail as well as per my previous explaination.
Rafale business is just a insurance guarantee if PAKFA fails, the only problem is the insurance fee is too high.

If the deal become finalize any day France should announce holiday and name it Indian cow milking day...:dance3::omghaha:

Russians even not allow roaming around to Indians near PAKFA you are just buyer so stop dreaming and come out from Disneyland...

Instead of tying TOT to its domestic development. India should just separate the two. buy for use while develop for technical advancement. Give that strategy a try.

Instead of tying TOT to its domestic development. India should just separate the two. buy for use while develop for technical advancement. Give that strategy a try.

Are Indians good in reverse engineering??

A big no from my side..

Rafale business is just a insurance guarantee if PAKFA fails, the only problem is the insurance fee is too high.

But India has no choice but to pay it. It need an existing plane. Otherwise, it would be left with nada. What it should do is forget about full TOT. Get partial TOT and get the plane sooner. All this dithering just cause Indian pilots to die. This is an example of lazy and greedy becomes deadly.

Back
Top Bottom