What's new

Should India spend Rs 1000cr on a single fighter jet?

No other nation can build an all purpose fighter jet, costly investment thought, over 600 billions dollars for the whole program.

India have no other choice.

yes. and US get the partners to pitch in some. India probably want to be one of the partners but with complete TOT. If India ever brought this up, US will tell India to screw itself.

yes. and US get the partners to pitch in some. India probably want to be one of the partners but with complete TOT. If India ever brought this up, US will tell India to screw itself.

Complete TOT, a buyer demand a whole manufacture program after paying for 10 or more fighter jets. Who in the right mind will agree with this?

Will India pay more for the EF2000 from the British if Rafael turn them down? Rafael deal was way cheaper and India demand the total TOT, India want to rob the France blind.

Will India pay more for the EF2000 from the British if Rafael turn them down? Rafael deal was way cheaper and India demand the total TOT, India want to rob the France blind.

And India sucks at it as its too obvious. Hopefully, India wise up and just buy the darn plane.

As long as it could make Indian friends feel better, just let it be.

Yap, it won't hurt to ask. They will look like fools, but they will ask any way.

hahahahhaah
full TOT on assembly of components
hahahahahaah
Well said.
very well
OK so you buy kits from country X
They tell you how to put the kit together
you say
aha aha aha
I got the TOT on assembling the kit
you dance and prance
Got tot
totooooooooo
toooooooooo]
totooooooooo
Do you my bro
realize that you just made up your own forking definition for TOT
Do you
Do you
faithfulguy said: ↑
French will transfer engine technology. Just not the crystal blade technology to India. India can buy all the blades from France and assemble the whole engine in India.
Oh come on bud
Who are you kidding.
who the heck are you kidding.
ToT of engine tech.
not in million year.
Please understand the concept of TOT first.
you are making a mockery of the very definition of TOT
Please
do not do that
do not treat us as if we are all sitting in a 5th grade class.
Thank you.
I respect you
and I expect you
respect all of us enough to not do this mumbo jumbo.
Thank you.
Zarvan said: ↑
I
We will get them [J-10] soon inshallah
As if we the Paks have money to pay for them.
Your "inshaAllah" is like a begger saying InshaAllah I'll get money and food.
InshAllah.
Pathetic.
really really pathetic begger mentality
Kaam na kaaj
Dushman Anaah
Lainayh chalay J-10
Yeh shakal or J-10
hahahahahahaha
you know Zarwan
you have turned Inshaallha onto its head and thrown this beautiful prayer into an Islamist gutter
Fyi
InshAllah was meant for the hard working people
Who worked their asses off
then earned decent money (dolllars and euros)
then came home
and said
inshaAllah our family or nation will survive
Hard work -> Dollar/euro earning -->inshaAllah
You and other Islamists in Pakistan skip the first two IMPORTANT steps and jump into head first InShaAllah
like begger begging for scrap of bread saying InshAlla
paethic
reallsy pathetic.

F*** mate that cracked me up. I spat up a gob full of coffee on my laptop. You sure you're a "historian" and not the script writer for Khalid Abbas Dar ?? Goddamit,

you dance and prance
Got tot
totooooooooo
toooooooooo]
totooooooooo
Do you my bro
realize that you just made up your own forking definition for TOT
Do you
Do you

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
Kaam na kaaj
Dushman Anaah
Lainayh chalay J-10
Yeh shakal or J-10

I got a tummy ache now ......

Been saying this from time immemorial. This bizarre deal is not required for a developing country like India. We have so many domestic needs which takes top priority over this overpriced french shyt. people are crying foul about 300 crores it would cost the delhi govt to give free water supply to the people in a WHOLE year, but it is perfectly ok to spend 3 times that amount on JUST ONE SINGLE 4th Gen jet which would benefit only the fanboys in forums and the IAF foreign mall lobby. This is as dumb as it can get. Just a quick look reveals people here-
Live with less than $1.25 a day 32.7% (400 million)
Live with less than $2.00 a day 68.7% (841 million)
Live with less than $2.50 a day 81.1% (992 million)
Live with less than $4.00 a day 93.7% (1,148 million)
Live with less than $5.00 a day 96.9% (1,179 million)​

Just yesterday a woman got killed for just 700Rs... or some 12 dollars. :/

And if you think this deal wont cross the 25 billion mark then you are day dreaming. You have cost overruns, time delays, ToT issues which will crop up in the middile and then you have armament. Meteor missile(mica costs 2.5 million dollars each missile, lets assume Meteor costs twice as much as that since it incorporates new seeker and ramjet technology and will be costly in its initial years) with a conservative order of just 2000 missiles will cost a jaw dropping 6,30,00,00,00,000Rs <- what is that?? And that is just for the Meteor. Then there are short range Infrared guided missiles, and Anti-radiation missiles, then Air-Ground missiles. Oh my God. And it doesn't end there. The 2000 missiles ordered earlier and well as the other categories of missiles following that, must be replaced anyway because missiles come with a shelf life. So even if you don't fight a war, the missiles expiry date will be reached and you have to shell out money again to procure a new batch. :/ So 12,60,00,00,00,000Rs plus for the fighter jets + cost overuns + time delays + last minute milking through ToT or some other excuse from the French + ((6,30,00,00,00,000Rs(meteor) + IR guided missiles + Anti-Radiation missiles + various assorted arrays of Air to Ground Missiles) * 3 times shelf life expiry). I don't want to calculate that. It will just make me depressed more. ://

This deal will prove this country does have a low IQ, unable to rationalize, separate and prioritize basic needs for the population versus fancy fighter jets which are nothing more than air show pieces given India's spineless cowardly track record in dealing with its neighbours. What a criminal CRIMINAL waste of money.

Last edited:
We are more interested in developing things on our own.Now go troll elsewhere.

There is no point in inventing wheel again and again... If some one invent some thing people make use of it they don't try to invent it rather produce it in more numbers in factories... If you really want to invent wheel again then wait for next thousand years...

What I can't understand is that when IAF is already superior in quality and quantity, why they want an expensive 4++ gen fighter similar to which they already have? They have LCA project they could have invested more into it and in result they could have a single engine plane near to Rafale capabilities which was locally built.

Rafale seem overkill to me, as India is already working on 5th gen project, upgrading current 4th gen fleet to 4++ gen standard with LCA around the corner, as stop gap India could have gone for production line of M2K9s until LCA and 5th gen arrived they could have served better, because Rafale is still an expensive 4++ gen fighter not a 5th gen fighter.

If Pakistan had money plane like Rafale could have extreme importance, because Pakistan lack a advance 4++ gen fighter, India don't have such issue.

Valid point.
so if it is a valid point then why are you talking all this shit?

However as fauj historian I should give my honest opinion.
historians teach about history, not what fighters india should buy.

I guess you utterly fail to realize that Pakistanis can run from pillar to post and still cannot stop India from buying more stuff. This is a fact.
oh I'm not saying it will stop them, i was just saying that being "patriotic" pakistani that you are, you shouldn't be giving tips to indians on what jets are good for them because those jets will be used against pakistanis. comprende?

Instead of doing gali galoch against India, we should focus on modernizing our own army.
I'm not doing no gali towards india unless indians throw galls at pakistan.

How do we do that?

The day Pakistanis as a nation started focusing on bring home dollars/euors by copying Chinese, South Koreans, and Indians etc. will be the day we too can buy expensive stuff for our army.
how do we copy them?
by having a billion people in pakistan? so we can collect taxes from that billion to buy jets?
or stationing 20,000 americans soldiers like korea did and get aid in exchange? lol

So update your views and focus on things that truly can help Pakistanis.
my views are up to date. perhaps a "historian" like yourself needs to get his head out of history and look at reality?
Throwing Mullahtic accusations at fellow Pakistanis will not help.

Thank you and happy new year.

well thanks for your "advice" ill try to not keep it in mind.

Been saying this from time immemorial. This bizarre deal is not required for a developing country like India. We have so many domestic needs which takes top priority over this overpriced french shyt. people are crying foul about 300 crores it would cost the delhi govt to give free water supply to the people in a WHOLE year, but it is perfectly ok to spend 3 times that amount on JUST ONE SINGLE 4th Gen jet which would benefit only the fanboys in forums and the IAF foreign mall lobby. This is as dumb as it can get. Just a quick look reveals people here-
Live with less than $1.25 a day 32.7% (400 million)
Live with less than $2.00 a day 68.7% (841 million)
Live with less than $2.50 a day 81.1% (992 million)
Live with less than $4.00 a day 93.7% (1,148 million)
Live with less than $5.00 a day 96.9% (1,179 million)​

Just yesterday a woman got killed for just 700Rs... or some 12 dollars. :/

And if you think this deal wont cross the 25 billion mark then you are day dreaming. You have cost overruns, time delays, ToT issues which will crop up in the middile and then you have armament. Meteor missile(mica costs 2.5 million dollars each missile, lets assume Meteor costs twice as much as that since it incorporates new seeker and ramjet technology and will be costly in its initial years) with a conservative order of just 2000 missiles will cost a jaw dropping 6,30,00,00,00,000Rs <- what is that?? And that is just for the Meteor. Then there are short range Infrared guided missiles, and Anti-radiation missiles, then Air-Ground missiles. Oh my God. And it doesn't end there. The 2000 missiles ordered earlier and well as the other categories of missiles following that, must be replaced anyway because missiles come with a shelf life. So even if you don't fight a war, the missiles expiry date will be reached and you have to shell out money again to procure a new batch. :/ So 12,60,00,00,00,000Rs plus for the fighter jets + cost overuns + time delays + last minute milking through ToT or some other excuse from the French + ((6,30,00,00,00,000Rs(meteor) + IR guided missiles + Anti-Radiation missiles + various assorted arrays of Air to Ground Missiles) * 3 times shelf life expiry). I don't want to calculate that. It will just make me depressed more. ://

This deal will prove this country does have a low IQ, unable to rationalize, separate and prioritize basic needs for the population versus fancy fighter jets which are nothing more than air show pieces given India's spineless cowardly track record in dealing with its neighbours. What a criminal CRIMINAL waste of money.

I totally agree.... has opponent I will say go with deal and has friend just spend this money in education and health....

J7 is not the front line fighter, If Indian airforce is so confident about Russian PAKFA, you guys wouldn't need to spend a huge amount as 20 to 25 billions for Rafale project, you could have just upgrate Su-30mki and wait for your 5th gen...what my assessement is that India knew that it will never get the TOT of keys technology from PakFa, so Rafale is a plan B :lol: and I'm pretty sure that even your plan B will fail as well as per my previous explaination.

Plane under discussion is not also a front line fighter. (Pl try to understand in which context the post was written)

Back
Top Bottom