What's new

Should Arabic be replaced with Urdu for Mosque sermons in Pakistan ??

Should Arabic be replaced by Urdu in Sermons ?

• Total voters
Oh and let me teach you the bare minimum Arabic khutbah that my pir taught me...

You praise Allah... Alhumdulilah

You praise our noble Prophet saw... Darood Sharif

You tell the gathering to fear Allah... Itaqullah

and then you can say to the gathering... Iqamat Salah... and this is enough for one khutbah...

Also don't forget that if Arabic is taught in Pakistan as per what i posted earlier then 99% of the so called "maulvees" i would actually call them "commercial maulvees" will lose their business for sure.

There is a saying (i think it is chinese) which fits in this scenario very well it says something like this" "don't give fish to the needy, instead teach him how to fish."

Aeronaut..
in that case.. I havent heard many maulvi's not doing the "current affairs" khutba in urdu..
it precedes the arabic khutba.. after which u have the jamaat.. then the dua.. and then Allah Allah Khair

Aeronaut..
in that case.. I havent heard many maulvi's not doing the "current affairs" khutba in urdu..
it precedes the arabic khutba.. after which u have the jamaat.. then the dua.. and then Allah Allah Khair

Believe me , i have been to so many Masajid where imams give a pre written sermon in arabic , even prayers are called in arabic which creates a problem that we don't actually understand what we are prying for -- don't you find it a bit unfair?

Sermons should be in the language which the local people understand...

However its a bit off the track, historically persian was the official language of this region known as Pakistan, be it the mughal courts or the courts of even Ranjit Singh..the official language was Persian....our national anthem is in persian, in 1947 all the land records made during the time of Sher Shah Suri were all in persian, our saints and elders like Shah Waliullah and Allama Iqbal all spoke and wrote Persian..Persian was abolished by the British in 1840s..so that local muslims have no connection with the rest of Muslim world...at which they were very successful.....i would recommend that a govt with a vision (inshala after elections..not these douchebags) should also introduce Persian along with urud in Schools, as two of our neighbouring countries (Iran and Afganistan have Persian as official language) and it is a language which has played a key role in the lives of our elders and founding fathers of this region.
From the religous sense learning of Arabic can reduce extremism as mullahs wont be able to indoctrinate kids...and kids wont believe them blindly. In UK , the secondary school children have to learn atleast two more regional languages ....why can't we do it....if it will help our young generation !!!!

May Allah Bless Pakistan !!!

We Pakistanis have our own identity. Urdu, is our national language and we need to stick with it.
Sermons should be in the language that people can comprehend and understand. I am sure God can understand duas in any language.

Whats the point of a Khutbah if you don't understand what is being said? Either Arabic is taught in schools so future generations understand Arabic in which case Arabic would be the acceptable language some day. However if people dont understand what is being said then Urdu should be the chosen language.

yes it should be but in Pakistan religious matters are untouchable as mullah mafia can kill any one

I dont mind if sermon are given in urdu or english but as a muslim we should try to learn arabic instead of replacing it with urdu. Again as chop said question will arise should we recite the Quran in arabic or just read its urdu or English translation .. what about prayers? can we offer five prayers in urdu without recite any arabic verses?

Many hafiz memorised whole quran at young age and if you ask them the meaning of verses of quran then most of them are clueless

bro. I guess we shold learn Arabic instead of getting rid of it . Cuz we need to learn it to understand Quran otherwisewe will be dumb. The secret agents of the foreign powers will translate Quran wrongly and will try to change our religion. They already tried it by writing different kinda Tafseerz of Quran for creating different sects. We needa wakeup and learn Arabic instead of getting rid of it. The satanic pplz in their country got rid of the original Bible and distributed different kinda translations making different sects or groups in them . Thats how they destroyed Christianity. They are trying to do this here too.They already spread so many cheap religious tranlations of Hadith and Quran within the market and which are translated wrong. Pplz fall into their traps cuz they buy cheap books. These cheap books spread different kinda sects . e.g Wahabis or Ghair Muqallid or Modoodiz or Salafis. or Raiwindiz , or Jabbariz , parwaiziz etc etc. You cant even trust the Quran translation unless u know Arabic. Bro. we needa be smart not as dumb fool.:agree:
Dont follow ur Imaams follow ure own intelligence cuz most of the times ure so called imaams are spies or secret agents of ure enemies...:smokin:
if u dont know Quran with Arabic how u gonna find out that he is telling the right translation from Hadith or Quran...??....:cheesy:
The Khutba of prayerz is Sunnah of Sahabah and Aima-e-Mujtahideenz we cant get rid of their Sunnah cuz it gonna be Biddat. According to hadith " every biddat is a disaster or Gumraahi":agree:

very true! its not possible to understand Islam without learning Arabic,n it will b da official language in khiilafa SO LEARN ARABIC..ITS INTERESTIN !

JB SChOOLS ME GERMAN START kra sktay hain to arabic b kra dain,next gen to seekh jai gi, allot ov women r learnin from alhuda,alnoor etc ..!

The Khutbah consists of two parts, the a longer extensive part which discusses a topic and is conducted in the local language lasts between 45mins to an hour and the shorter part which is in Arabic and includes the Dua which is about 10-15 minutes and remains more or less the same.

In almost all mosques of India, the longer part is conducted in local language be it Urdu or Tamil or Malayalam e.t.c. depending on the local language. Even in Australia its done in English in most mosques. Some mosques that have an ethnic domination of Bengalis or Turkish or ARabs would have it in their respective language however. I would be surprised if the same setup does not exist in Pakistan.

the bible is there as an example of language hopping.. and the resulting distortions.

The bible is not distorted by translating it into hundreds of languages. No one today fully understands nor speaks the Arabic of the 7th century (CE). So, even the current "Arabic" renditions of the Quran are "translations". And further, Allah did not write the Quran, himself. So, even the Quran, in the written Arabic form known today, is a human translation of what Allah revealed to Mohammed and what he, Mohammed, spoke, in turn, to his companions. If one wants to carry the "authenticity" argument to its logical conclusion, then the Quran should not even be written, but only spoken as Mohammed spoke it.

Should Arabic be replaced with Urdu from Mosque sermons in Pakistan ??

No, it's not who we are. We shouldn't try to be something we're not. Having Arabic as your national language does not suggest piety, we know the behavior of rogue nations like Saudi Arabia, & how much harm they cause to the Muslim world.

Back
Top Bottom