What's new

Should Arabic be replaced with Urdu for Mosque sermons in Pakistan ??

Should Arabic be replaced by Urdu in Sermons ?

• Total voters
Have anyone read "Shahab Nama"..? Mr Shahab quotes an incident in his book where upon one may try justifying the 'importance' of Arabic during Namaz etc.

^^^ i dont know about Khotba, but Namaz have to be in Arabic because of the Quran. Although overwhelming majority dont understand what they say, but this is how it should be. The only thing in namaz which can be done in person's native language is the Niyat.

Have anyone read "Shahab Nama"..? Mr Shahab quotes an incident in his book where upon one may try justifying the 'importance' of Arabic during Namaz etc.

yup..
a lot of other things he mentioned.. have.. appeared in current issues.

^^^ i dont know about Khotba, but Namaz have to be in Arabic because of the Quran. Although overwhelming majority dont understand what they say, but this is how it should be. The only thing in namaz which can be done in person's native language is the Niyat.

^^ And that's why learning Namaz WITH translation is a guud thing to do. Atleast one knows what he is asking Allah.

^^ And that's why learning Namaz WITH translation is a guud thing to do. Atleast one knows what he is asking Allah.

Yes, that is a good point. Do you know if it is allowed or it has to be in arabic, i dont know it myself.

Yes, that is a good point. Do you know if it is allowed or it has to be in arabic, i dont know it myself.

Understanding what you are saying in Namaz is not that difficult. Just a few paragraphs and that's it. i am not sure weather it is necessary to say Namaz in Arabic, but what i once heard and from my experience i may say that Namaz should be in Arabic, but then one should know what he is saying during Namaz, learning the translation would help. Like, i like to emphasize the part in Namaz where one asks for forgiveness of his parents, but that's just me.

But bro. Arabic is must for us..if we can study English ,which is our enemy language , why we shold not study Arabic??? cuz it helps in understanding Quran and Hadiths....:smokin:

Bro. the Khutba and this kinda stuff is discussed in detail in Fiqah...u needa study fiqah to understand our Deen...
Khutba is wajib for Jumma prayerz in Arabic, u can do its translation too if u like but Arabic is must..otherwise is no Jumma acceptable..:agree:

Also don't forget that if Arabic is taught in Pakistan as per what i posted earlier then 99% of the so called "maulvees" i would actually call them "commercial maulvees" will lose their business for sure.

There is a saying (i think it is chinese) which fits in this scenario very well it says something like this" "don't give fish to the needy, instead teach him how to fish."

Bro. We want to get rid of these commercial Maulvees & their business...cuz they destroying our religion on behalf of our enemies...getting paid by them...:agree:

Sermons should be in the language which the local people understand...

However its a bit off the track, historically persian was the official language of this region known as Pakistan, be it the mughal courts or the courts of even Ranjit Singh..the official language was Persian....our national anthem is in persian, in 1947 all the land records made during the time of Sher Shah Suri were all in persian, our saints and elders like Shah Waliullah and Allama Iqbal all spoke and wrote Persian..Persian was abolished by the British in 1840s..so that local muslims have no connection with the rest of Muslim world...at which they were very successful.....i would recommend that a govt with a vision (inshala after elections..not these douchebags) should also introduce Persian along with urud in Schools, as two of our neighbouring countries (Iran and Afganistan have Persian as official language) and it is a language which has played a key role in the lives of our elders and founding fathers of this region.
From the religous sense learning of Arabic can reduce extremism as mullahs wont be able to indoctrinate kids...and kids wont believe them blindly. In UK , the secondary school children have to learn atleast two more regional languages ....why can't we do it....if it will help our young generation !!!!

May Allah Bless Pakistan !!!

Bro. not just persian, Arabic as well....cuz we wanna understand Quran and Hadith too. if we can learn English we must learn Arabic too...:smokin:

Dear sir , its good to have your opinion here , but let me clarify myself , i didn't mean presenting 100% of the Khutba in urdu and presenting translation of the Holy Quran.

What i meant was to switch the social part of the Khutba which discusses social challenges and issues to urdu -- thats all i am trying to clarify.

Thanks

Yes! u can do the "actual Khutba in Arabic only" and the rest part related to social discussions, can be done in any language u like. and is practically done around the world...:agree:
but the Arabic part u cant take it off cuz its part of Salaat and its "Wajib".
if u know what does Wajib means..."is no Salaat without Wajib" u gotta redoo the Salaat then...:smokin:

So long as the only understanding a majority of people have of Islam is associated with the Arabic language, Islam can never live up to it's potential in Pakistan - Every adherent seeks to experience the Divine in his or her own terms of reference and to do this it's essential that the language, the medium of transmission, be native, the understanding it creates be native - here I mean "native" as opposed to the "alienated".

Today there is a great tragedy in Pakistan, the experience of the religion of Islam is denied to millions upon millions of people, Quran Karim, Mercy to all mankind is denied to millions because of an obscurantist ideology which seeks to keep millions in ignorance so that a minority can misrepresent and control large numbers of people.

So yes, it's important that Sermons and even Quran be in urdu -- it's understood that for those who have the time and inclination and aptitude to learn Arabic,yes, it's great to learn another language - BUT do not be confused, Quran cannot be better understood in Arabic than any other language, recall that arabic, like any human creation has undergone changes, changes in idiom, changes in the kinds of reality words create.

The word of God is the Word of God in any language, after all, does Allah really speak only Arabic, how then is Islam a universal religion?

Bro. I wont agree with u..that we gotta leave Arabic...no ...I guess this is ure personal thinking.
Quran is Quran in Arabic not in its translation...so we gotta learn Arabic at all costs...there is no shame if we 180million learn English, and leave Arabic. shame on us to leave the Sunnah of our Rasool and Sahabah...Tabiheen ans so on...:smokin:

:tup:

----

I had posted an act in a thread which is like many other acts and laws, just words on papers with no one acting to initiate it.

Let them validate / enforce the following first which will serve and help us religiously most importantly:

ENFORCEMENT OF SHARI’AH ACT. 1991
ACT X OF 1991
An Act for the enforcement of Shari’ah

6.Teaching of, and training in, Shari’ah etc. the State shall make effective arrangements,--

(a) for the teaching of, and training in the Shari’ah, Islamic jurisprudence and all other branches of Islamic law at appropriate levels of education and professional training.

(b) to include courses on the Shari’ah in the syllabi of the law colleges ;

(c) for the teaching of the Arabic language; and

(d) to avail the services of persons duly qualified in Shari’ah, Islamic jurisprudence and Ifta in judicial system.

ENFORCEMENT OF SHARI’AH ACT. 1991

------------

In the chapter relating to the principles of policy, the constitution gives top priority to the state’s adoption of a social policy in consonance with the state religion, i.e Islam. Article 31 of the constitution, laying down the first principle of policy, provides as follows:

(1) Steps shall be taken to enable the Muslims of Pakistan, individually and collectively, to order their lives in accordance with t he fundamental principles and basic concepts of Islam and to provide facilities whereby they may be enabled to understand the meaning of life according to the Holy Qur’an and Sunnah.

(2) The state shall endeavour, as respects the Muslims of Pakistan:

(a) to make the teaching of the Holy Qur’an and Islamiyat compulsory, to encourage and facilitate the learning of Arabic language and to secure correct and exact printing and publishing of the Holy Qur’an.

Islamic Provisions in the Constitution

U got Excellent Post...200% agree to u...bro..:)

I take it, from the posts out here, that Arabic is a richer and more pleasant to the ear language than Urdu.

If so, one should abandon Urdu and have Arabic as the National language.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom