What's new

Shivalik FFG ::: INS Satpura delivered to Indian Navy

hope they start the follow on ships.and I wish kolkata class comes out now!

8 Brahmos missiles are equivalent to 16 C803 or Harpoons in the fact that a single Brahmos can completely destroy a 6000 ton warship while a single subsonic missle can't sink a 4000 ton class warship,it will need atleast 3 such missiles because they don't pack the punch.Example-an israelly light frigate survived a direct hit from a C803.Besides these subsonic missiles can be easily intercepted with modern SAMs like Aster 30 or Barak 2,so it will need a whole salvo of 3-4 subsonic missiles to breech(hopefully)the heavily defended warships.But current AESA radars like MF STAR can track and engage multiple targets simulteniously.Here Brahmos will enjoy a significant edge over subsonic missiles because their mach3 top speed and high agility will reduce the reaction time by 5-6 times making it extremely hard to intercept them for even the most heavily defended warships.
REGARDS....

8 tube launcher is enough i guess...

Here we are talking about Bhramos , even in single go BHRAMOS can make havoc ...

Looks compact , stealthy and deadly .... good job MDL ..way to go IN ! :toast_sign:

INS%2BShivalik.jpg

21slid2.jpg

a9e4640b5338a1.jpg

Most of the pictures people are posting are INS Shivalik not INS Satpura..

Great news. So whats next on Mazagon decks production line.???

They have their hands full.

There are 12(2 are done) planned Shivalik class frigates to be made there, and 7(3 are almost done) planned Kolkata class destroyers. And I am not including all the Coast Guard vessels, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shivalik_class_frigate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolkata_class_destroyer

They need to arm and fit sonars, etc into the 3 Kolkata class destoryers. They should hurry up..

This is the latest picture of the INS KOCHI, but this was 2 years ago. I hope everything is being fitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has high level of stealth. It has heat , acoustic , vibration and magnetic signatures reduction measures too. This is INS Shivalik , sister ship of INS Satpura.

weapons:

Club anti ship missile
Shtil 1 area defence system
Barak 1 missile defence system
RBU-6000 (RPK-8) anti submarine rocket
AK-630 30mm guns
OTO Melara 76mm Super Rapid Gun
Torpedoes

Dang! That's a lot of firepower packed into that babe! Wow! I never imagined MDL would come up with something that formidable. :cheers: BTW arey they using the Varunastra series of torpedos that we use in our subs or they've gone for new upgrades on the same variant.

radars and electronic warfare:

MR-760 Fregat M2EM 3-D radar
ELTA EL/M 2238 3D SURVEILLANCE and THREAT ALERT RADAR
BELAjanta mk III electronic warfare suite
BEL HUMSA (Hull Mounted Sonar Array)
BEL Active towed array sonar
BEL EON-51 Eletro Optical gunfire control system

Naaice! Love the level of indigenous stuff in this killer of high seas. Congrats to IN for their far-sighted and superb management of resources. They're right now the best of all three services. Even IA is crossing IAF with their fresh Arjun orders. What's wrong with IAF?

8 Brahmos Launch tubes.

Missiles are kept in reserve or can be transferred onto them whenever required.

Not on the ship, and I don't see transferring/ reloading 8m launchcontainers at sea happening, really ....

8 Brahmos missiles are equivalent to 16 C803 or Harpoons in the fact that a single Brahmos can completely destroy a 6000 ton warship while a single subsonic missle can't sink a 4000 ton class warship,it will need atleast 3 such missiles because they don't pack the punch.Example-an israelly light frigate survived a direct hit from a C803.Besides these subsonic missiles can be easily intercepted with modern SAMs like Aster 30 or Barak 2,so it will need a whole salvo of 3-4 subsonic missiles to breech(hopefully)the heavily defended warships.But current AESA radars like MF STAR can track and engage multiple targets simulteniously.Here Brahmos will enjoy a significant edge over subsonic missiles because their mach3 top speed and high agility will reduce the reaction time by 5-6 times making it extremely hard to intercept them for even the most heavily defended warships.
REGARDS....

BS. The single Exocet struck HMS Sheffield, did not explode but the initial impact of the missile destroyed the ship's electrical generation systems and fractured the water main, preventing the fire suppresion mechanisms from operating and dooming the ship to be consumed by the fire. One missile, one kill. The 15,000 ton merchant ship Atlantic Conveyor was struck by two Exocet anti-ship missiles and lost. Two Exocet very nearly sank USS Stark.

An israelly light frigate was not hit by a C803 but by a much lighter C701
C-701 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's nothing that prevents a supersonic target from being killed by current defences. Goalkeeper has killed such targets, ESSM has. You simply need to detect farther out and engage farther out to negate the reduction in reaction time due to high speed.

As for high agility ... what turns does Brahmos pull? Some S-pattern. Pffff. it is not some wunderwaffe.

Not on the ship, and I don't see transferring/ reloading 8m launchcontainers at sea happening, really ....

Penguin - I do remember during Gulf and Afghan war - Americans had kept reserves of Tomahawk CM loaded in the ships...So this may be a possibility. Whats your thoughts on that ?

There's nothing that prevents a supersonic target from being killed by current defences. Goalkeeper has killed such targets, ESSM has. You simply need to detect farther out and engage farther out to negate the reduction in reaction time due to high speed.

As for high agility ... what turns does Brahmos pull? Some S-pattern. Pffff. it is not some wunderwaffe.

contradictory statements. BS. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom