What's new

Shivalik Class Frigates Thread

the KJ-2000 has an equivalent range or greater to the phalcon.

unfortunately for india the K-100 has not been inducted yet. therefore all AA antiradiation missile launches would be carried out within 120 km of each other.

cruise missile attacks on indian strategic assets would not trigger a nuclear war.

but yes, any offensive on india by china would probably be followed by a USN attack in the south china sea so we cannot move.

unfortunately for india the K-100 has not been inducted yet. therefore all AA antiradiation missile launches would be carried out within 120 km of each other.

cruise missile attacks on indian strategic assets would not trigger a nuclear war.

but yes, any offensive on india by china would probably be followed by a USN attack in the south china sea so we cannot move.

Can you please tell me details of the KJ-2000

I'm not sure if the K-100 has been inducted, but back in 04 an agreement was signed to let India produce it in house, I bet some are in the IAF inventory by now.

When leaders become nervous about their nuclear deterrence, an itchy finger can easily set off nuclear war.

Thats blind patriotism dude.

Phalcon is the best in the world. And that is one of the reasons US pressurized Israel not to sell it to China. It was equivalent to US AWACS.

KJ-2000 is an average AWACS and nothing to write home about.

From what I understand, China does indeed have a formidable force. India can only counter it by getting assistance from Russia, Israel, EU countries and more recently, the US. Without assistance, the technology, just as the economic gap, between China and India will just grow larger. As a result, India will have to rely more and more on foreign assistance. Eventually, without the US direct assistance, India will fall into the Chinas centric political axis that will include Russia. If Korea and Japan rely on the Chinese market more so than the US market, its conceivable that these countries will be pull into the Chinese orbit. But it more likely that they will stay with US lead western allies.

Which side will India choose? India should choose wisely.

BTW, going independently means going the Chinese way. Its diffcult to explain but not difficult to envision. I had already stated in the very beginning.

Buddy it is Uncle sam who needs india to counter china not the vice versa. I agree china and India went for war once but that does not mean they will war again especially in these circumstances where both are developing very quickly.
India's foreign relations depends on its interests rather than taking sides. If you talk about market then India can offer a huge market to Japan, korea and australia in the coming years. You cannot undermine the India as a guy who is in between two giants :taz:

Hello All, Are we discussing INS Shivalik here????
Why Chineese AWACS , SAM , Missiles are compared to Indian side in this thread. Lets discuss abt INS Shivalik now and stick to the topic.

Its really very proud moment to see these dangerous water beauties lets have them in good numbers asap and we expect some more improvements in next phase, like provision for Nirbhay cruise missile and more stealth features.

To be honest Shivalik looks more beautiful and deadlier than Talwar class frigates. And its good to see indigneous products in sea and with deadly fire power.

Phalcon has more than double the range of KJ-2000. Phalcon has 800 km range against Air-to-Air targets. Above all Phalcon is generation ahead than KJ-2000 in terms of technology, sensors, ELINT, SIGINT, COMINT and IFF.

Phalcon has more than double the range of KJ-2000. Phalcon has 800 km range against Air-to-Air targets. Above all Phalcon is generation ahead than KJ-2000 in terms of technology, sensors, ELINT, SIGINT, COMINT and IFF.

Source? I thought it was 450km.

Which 2 are you talking about? As far as I know, top plate works in E band while both STAR and 3DCAR are S-band radars!
It is certainly not RAWL-02 and it is not smart-L in all likelihood as can be clearly seen from the released images though!

Added later: RAWL-02 is the volume search radar on the delhi's. They are distictly different in design. IN has moved away from them for its future ships (as would seem to be the case).

MR-760 Fregat MA is indeed a S band radar, on the other hand "M2EM" is the E band variant.

The picture you have posted is "LW-08 Jupiter" which is a D band 2D radar. RAWL-02/PLN 517 is the India's version which works in L band and I firmly believe this radar is the one mounted on Shivalik.

MR-760 Fregat MA is indeed a S band radar, on the other hand "M2EM" is the E band variant.

The picture you have posted is "LW-08 Jupiter" which is a D band 2D radar. RAWL-02/PLN 517 is the India's version which works in L band and I firmly believe this radar is the one mounted on Shivalik.

AFAIK, M2EM is being used on the shivalik. So it is E band! The RAWL-02/PLN-517 looks exactly like the LW-08 (as you rightly pointed out of it to be a version of the latter). Check out the pics on other indian ships.

AFAIK, M2EM is being used on the shivalik. So it is E band! The RAWL-02/PLN-517 looks exactly like the LW-08 (as you rightly pointed out of it to be a version of the latter). Check out the pics on other indian ships.

All New Generation warships of IN carrying a S band L band combination.

Source? I thought it was 450km.

Hi Ihuang,

Thanks for your information regarding China's Awacs in Shivalik Tread:what:

Now with your kind permission can we discuss about Shiwalik please :coffee:

so friends how many of this ships India is planing to induct? Because it's really great in Carrier battle groups.

By the way Vary Sexy looking Ship, My best wishes to our Engineers who build this:smitten:

Last edited:
Hello friends,

Can some one tell me can we integrate "Nirbhay" missile in future in Shivalik class war ships? because it will give this war ship "1000 K.M. PUNCH":cheers:

laid down in 2001, launched in 2003, still in sea trial in 2009?

:smokin: dude, we are completing Type-054a frigate every 12-18 months, how are you going to match with us?

tell you the truth dude, we will built another 100 navy ships comparable or better than the current 054a in the next 20 years, you simply can't match it. the USSR crashed because of the arm race, we are doing to it again on you.
:flame:
Yes, you are doing everything better than us and we are no match for you. Satisfied?
Now please tell me, how much you are paid for trolling against India in every thread? I would like to join in for earning some extra income too.:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom