What's new

Shivalik Class Frigates Thread

I am having second thoughts about the volume search radar. Looking at the size of the secondary radar on the ship, I am inclined to believe that it may not be revathi. I feel it would either be a variant of revathi or the ieraeli STAR (EL/M-2238) radar (more likely).

stary.png

link: http://www.misile-iai.com/sip_storage/files/3/36843.pdf

DSC_3193-751105.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Shivalik+Maiden+Sailing+1-752034.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

P1010025-753741.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

RBU+6000+HATs-754853.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

DSC_3188-756080.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

DSC_3186-757193.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

DSC_3184-759481.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

(The Mighty Indian Navy)
Nice collection brother.
Thanks for sharing:cheers:

point defense missiles like Barak can't engage aircraft firing anti shipping missiles. PLAN JH-7s, J-8Fs and Su-30s equipped with YJ-12 would turn them into scrap.

congrats on finally making a stealth frigate though. this is a major step forward for india.

point defense missiles like Barak can't engage aircraft firing anti shipping missiles. PLAN JH-7s, J-8Fs and Su-30s equipped with YJ-12 would turn them into scrap.

congrats on finally making a stealth frigate though. this is a major step forward for india.

and you think that our airforce and naval fighter jets will be sitting blind and ur jets and thier moments wont be tracked???stop making scenes of ur own,just beacuse u have anti shipping missile you think you will take out the whole indian navy,plan ur strategy to evade incoming BHRAMOS WHEN LAUNCHED FROM SHIPS AND AIR:wave::wave:

It would have been lot better to bring this Stealth vessel somewhere in deep ocean of blue water and taken the snap. Sea water around mumbai is too dirty which make this all new vessel less shining.

and you think that our airforce and naval fighter jets will be sitting blind and ur jets and thier moments wont be tracked???stop making scenes of ur own,just beacuse u have anti shipping missile you think you will take out the whole indian navy,plan ur strategy to evade incoming BHRAMOS WHEN LAUNCHED FROM SHIPS AND AIR:wave::wave:

the range of the Brahmos is merely 290 km, not enough to attack any major targets within even tibet, much less the rest of china.

however our DF-21s, CJ-10s, DH-10s, HN-3s and WS-2 can all hit your prime minister's office from as close as askai chin and for all except WS-2, as far as inner mongolia and sichuan.

your sea based air defense missiles are not nearly as long ranged as china's HHQ-9, which is why in general it is not true that air launched anti shipping missiles are lethal to a navy, only in india's special case is it true. india's naval AESA radar is also far inferior to china's Type 348

the range of the Brahmos is merely 290 km, not enough to attack any major targets within even tibet, much less the rest of china.

however our DF-21s, CJ-10s, DH-10s, HN-3s and WS-2 can all hit your prime minister's office from as close as askai chin and for all except WS-2, as far as inner mongolia and sichuan.

your sea based air defense missiles are not nearly as long ranged as china's HHQ-9, which is why in general it is not true that air launched anti shipping missiles are lethal to a navy, only in india's special case is it true. india's naval AESA radar is also far inferior to china's Type 348

I just hope there r more people like him in the PLA .This would make the work of the IA much more easy.Its good when ur adversary undermines ur strength.

i don't think so, india has zero capability of taking offensive action against china while we have significant capability to take offensive action against india.

You said before criticism makes a country better.

Okay so here goes

You seem to like including BMs as well.

India's Shourya which is an accurate CM/BM fusion has a range of 750-1900km. It is also hypersonic, so the damage due to kinetic energy will be great even at a lower payload (for longer ranges). The speed and altitude of flight of this missile will make it close to impossible to intercept.

The HHQ-9 has a range of 200km, an air launched Brahmos will have a range of 290km and hence it can be released from outside the 200km SAM protection range. Once released, these missiles will be once again close to impossible to intercept.

You are arguing that all these missiles will be able to somehow BYPASS Indian SAMs. This is unlikely, if we fire a barrage, maybe 10% will get through. Then will come a barrage of the Indian equivalents.

Longer range for SAMS mean absolutely nothing, it is the accuracy that matters. And the accuracy of SAMs is something no netizen of either India or China will know.

I don't know how you concluded that Chinese naval AESA is better than the Indian naval AESA.

EDIT: e-warria mode off

Last edited:
I am having second thoughts about the volume search radar. Looking at the size of the secondary radar on the ship, I am inclined to believe that it may not be revathi. I feel it would either be a variant of revathi or the ieraeli STAR (EL/M-2238) radar (more likely).

stary.png

link: http://www.misile-iai.com/sip_storage/files/3/36843.pdf

Usually two radars working in a same frequency will not be chosen because of interference with each another. So it is either RAWL-02/LW08 or Thales Smart-L.

Thales Smart-L​
f219-6-smart-l-3d-radar.jpg

i don't think so, india has zero capability of taking offensive action against china while we have significant capability to take offensive action against india.

True only in terms of offensive action :cheers: we need to build up ourselves which will eventually happen.

You said before criticism makes a country better.

Okay so here goes

You seem to like including BMs as well.

India's Shourya which is an accurate CM/BM fusion has a range of 750-1900km. It is also hypersonic, so the damage due to kinetic energy will be great even at a lower payload (for longer ranges). The speed and altitude of flight of this missile will make it close to impossible to intercept.

The HHQ-9 has a range of 200km, an air launched Brahmos will have a range of 290km and hence it can be released from outside the 200km SAM protection range. Once released, these missiles will be once again close to impossible to intercept.

You are arguing that all these missiles will be able to somehow BYPASS Indian SAMs. This is unlikely, if we fire a barrage, maybe 10% will get through. Then will come a barrage of the Indian equivalents.

Longer range for SAMS mean absolutely nothing, it is the accuracy that matters. And the accuracy of SAMs is something no netizen of either India or China will know.

I don't know how you concluded that Chinese naval AESA is better than the Indian naval AESA.

From what I understand, China does indeed have a formidable force. India can only counter it by getting assistance from Russia, Israel, EU countries and more recently, the US. Without assistance, the technology, just as the economic gap, between China and India will just grow larger. As a result, India will have to rely more and more on foreign assistance. Eventually, without the US direct assistance, India will fall into the Chinas centric political axis that will include Russia. If Korea and Japan rely on the Chinese market more so than the US market, its conceivable that these countries will be pull into the Chinese orbit. But it more likely that they will stay with US lead western allies.

Which side will India choose? India should choose wisely.

BTW, going independently means going the Chinese way. Its diffcult to explain but not difficult to envision. I had already stated in the very beginning.

well well seems ur reading a lot tom clancy these days and converting it to the chinese terms

BHRAMOS HAS 290lm ok BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT WILL BE THE RANGE OF BHRAMOS WHEN IT GETS ATTACHED TO THIS BABY:chilli:
airlaunchcomplex.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DONT DREAM MUCH BAOUT TARGETTING PM'S OFFICE IN NEW DELHI YOU DARE LAUNCH SOMETHING AND SEE HOW WE REVERT BACK TO YOU...

Last edited:
From what I understand, China does indeed have a formidable force. India can only counter it by getting assistance from Russia, Israel, EU countries and more recently, the US. Without assistance, the technology, just as the economic gap, between China and India will just grow larger. As a result, India will have to rely more and more on foreign assistance. Eventually, without the US direct assistance, India will fall into the Chinas centric political axis that will include Russia. If Korea and Japan rely on the Chinese market more so than the US market, its conceivable that these countries will be pull into the Chinese orbit. But it more likely that they will stay with US lead western allies.

Which side will India choose? India should choose wisely.

BTW, going independently means going the Chinese way. Its diffcult to explain but not difficult to envision. I had already stated in the very beginning.

If I was the Indian PM, I certainly wouldn't throw my hat in with the Americans.

Back
Top Bottom