What's new

Shiv Sena smears black paint on Sudheendra Kulkarni's face to protest Pakistan politician's book lau

Yes & no. You are right that perspective is important but what story gets put out is almost never based on perspective. This will make the entire Indian news channels go nuts & there will be some seepage through to the international media.
Not like Donald Trump' views really counts for much now but you would hardly think that given the amount of coverage it gets. Perspective is important but it is never the full story.

It does seep out to the international media, but does it change anything? An average joe from whatever foreign country would not pay any attention to such news, or even if he does he ll forget about the very next morning. I mean look at China, look where it is, despite all the negative press that it gets!

We always focus on the wrong thing, oh what is everyone gonna think! And never do we try and analyse the underlying issues which lead to such incident in the first place.

It does seep out to the international media, but does it change anything? An average joe from whatever foreign country would not pay any attention to such news, or even if he does he ll forget about the very next morning. I mean look at China, look where it is, despite all the negative press that it gets!

We always focus on the wrong thing, oh what is everyone gonna think! And never do we try and analyse the underlying issues which lead to such incident in the first place.

Personally I care two figs what anyone else thinks.

What happens on our soil effects us, so what we and ours think (including little nunnis) is what matters most and only.

Last edited:
If that's the case, he's probably more likely go caught between the SS BJP crossfire than anything to do with Pakistan.

Very similar if not ditto to the Jain meat ban hungama recently.

Fadnavis also assured Ghulam Ali full protection for his concert, but the organizers backed off. A similar incident happened a week ago where Christians groups were against a play and threatened them. Fadnavis gave them full security and organizers went ahead with the play with no trouble.

I made almost no comment as to what anyone thinks except in response. That is hardly a reason. I made my opinion clear on the subject, I think that any attention it gets from foreign media is only of secondary importance.

you can eat the pork all you want im not a religious nut like you, i like my beef fresh, from a freshly slaughtered cow.

WTH, I was just bringing more to the party. I ll have the Beef and the pork, and wash it down with beer. You ll probably not even the touch the food from the table which had pork on it, and I am the religious nut :lol:

Fadnavis also assured Ghulam Ali full protection for his concert, but the organizers backed off. A similar incident happened a week ago where Christians groups were against a play and threatened them. Fadnavis gave them full security and organizers went ahead with the play with no trouble.

You know why? Ghulam Ali will come & go, the Shiv Sena goes nowhere.

So like with the Jains, its the SS flexing its muscle and telling the BJP that regardless of the number of seats, they are still top dog in town.

Its jungle law.

If you cannot protect someone under your protection, what use are you as top dog? The next time, those needing protection (for a price) will look elsewhere.

Putin pips Obama on this as well on the world stage.

I made almost no comment as to what anyone thinks except in response. That is hardly a reason. I made my opinion clear on the subject, I think that any attention it gets from foreign media is only of secondary importance.

Not talking about you mate, we as in the collective we, Indians.

Agreed with what you say

The Chinese have received a lot of flak& negative press from the Western based companies, even today they still receive it!!

Yet have they ever cared?? NO. That's why they have grown so much

The same for India, the opinion of these international(Western based) Press outlets must be read & understood but in no way should we allow it to influence the path of development & prosperity we want our nation to go on!!

& your last line is bang on! :- And never do we try and analyse the underlying issues which lead to such incident in the first place.

I feel the problems with many Indians is that we identify the symptoms/consequences of a problem & we act based upon them, but we forget the origins(the WHY?) & reasons behind the problem. We also fail to recognise when vested interests try to act & deceive us & hinder our potential!

Now every one know why china is far ahead of us
We need both educational and mind set to improve
A BIG LOL to such a statement.

The Shiv Sena is trying to stay politically relevant. I spoke to an Uber Driver who happened to be some minor functionary in the SS. Apparently, they miss the hey days of Bal Thackeray and want Uddhav to toughen up. I guess he is catering to his rapidly diminishing constituency. Also, despite the name change from Bombay to Mumbai - the city keeps getting more and more cosmopolitan. Complete areas which were earlier middle class Marathi neighborhoods are now swanky upscale cosmopolitan areas. This is the last roll of the dice for the Sena - I doubt they will remain very relevant in 10-12 years' time.

The Shiv Sena is trying to stay politically relevant. I spoke to an Uber Driver who happened to be some minor functionary in the SS. Apparently, they miss the hey days of Bal Thackeray and want Uddhav to toughen up. I guess he is catering to his rapidly diminishing constituency. Also, despite the name change from Bombay to Mumbai - the city keeps getting more and more cosmopolitan. Complete areas which were earlier middle class Marathi neighborhoods are now swanky upscale cosmopolitan areas. This is the last roll of the dice for the Sena - I doubt they will remain very relevant in 10-12 years' time.

The brothers need to patch up.

For Mumbai to not get overshadowed by Nagpur.

Fadnavis is a misfit in Mumbai.

No Mumbaikar really accepts him.

Fact.

Back
Top Bottom