What's new

Sheikh Zayed Mosque

From Guinness world records official website:

The largest hand-woven carpet measures 5,630 m² (60,600.81 ft²) and was manufactured by the Iran Carpet Company (Iran). It was created for the Abu Dhabi mosque and was measured in Abu Dhabi, UAE, in 2007.

The carpet was created in 9 parts and assembled in the mosque. The carpet would have been around 6,000 square metres originally, but parts of it had to be taken away in order to fit it onto the floor in the mosque.

Largest hand-woven carpet

It won't remain the longest forever, believe me. When day we will see another carpet out classing it.

Iran makes the best carpets in the world, Turkey offers something similar to Iran's as well. Most of Mecca's and Madina's carpets are Turkish, or been made domestically.

Beautifully designed,well planned,magnificent architect,this beauty has provoked craving inside me to pray here...:D

You have never seen a grave in a mosque in Pakistan?

Have you been to Data Darbar, in Lahore? Bulley Shah's mazaar in Kasur? Baba Fareed's mazaar in Pakpattan?

All these mosques have a grave in them.

no i havnt been to those places:what: i thought they are just shrines and one cant pray there but just can visit to pay respect!

no i havnt been to those places:what: i thought they are just shrines and one cant pray there but just can visit to pay respect!

You should see it at least once in your lifetime.

65246374.jpg

Data Darbar

The grave is not located inside the mosque. Have you been there because I have?

Of course in none of these places the grave is physically inside the mosque, just the general premises.

I've seen it from outside, haven't had the pleasure of offering prayers there yet.

Thank you very much and keep on slapping the hypocrites,obsessed,brainwashed people who can't see any other culture rather then west,and lives under the false impression that Arabs have no culture..:D

Well, Anti-Arabism exists long time ago, some people are too racists, unable to study facts, and history. Arab theology - which is shares a big chunk of Arab culture - is being cherished by 1.5 billion, it's not because that Arab culture is superior to other culture but Islam was never meant to be exclusive for Arabs.

Here is what Mecca is going to look like!
‫

Khaliqi is an Arabic surname. Interesting. The designer must be one of the many Iranian Arabs. Neverthless the carpet is very beautiful. I really like carpets from all across the Middle East and Central Asia. Especially those made by experienced locals with quality material. My family (Makkawi Hashemites) have some really old carpets and regarding doemstic made carpets in Hejaz then there are even quite a few well-known families that tradtionally made their name in the carpet industry.

Regarding the mosque then it is very beautiful. It is a must see if you are in or around Abu Dhabi. I enjoyed it greatly. Although it is new it is true to the Islamic/Arab architecture which I like a lot. I am personally not that fond of "futuristic" mosques.

Another new mosque in the region is the Al-Saleh mosque in Sana'a which is great too and also made in traditional Islamic/Arab design with the unique Yemeni architectural touch.

309t5bl.jpg

2vv28pl.jpg

zvpf04.jpg

Not as big or "extravacant" though. After all Yemen does not have the same finances as UAE.

The mosque is located 2250 meters above sea level so the heat is usually never a problem - even during summer or when really crowded.

Well.... I'm a little jealous over here. :) I mean this mosque have both futuristic and traditional lines. Very nice design. Whereas our Sultan wanna be Erdogan insists on traditional mosques which are exact copies of the mosques built centuries ago.

Like the planned Camlıca Mosque.

camlica-cami.jpg

Which is the copy of Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet Mosque) built in 1616.

sultanahmet-1.jpg

:hitwall:

Beautiful but I heard a Hadees once about not decorating Masjids and I found it after a little search as well. After Hadees there are no justifications.

The Prophet of Allah, Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam), said: "The Hour will not come to pass until people vie in boasting with each other in building masjids." [Abu Dawud]

The majority of the jurists (may Allah have mercy upon them) are of the view that it is disliked to decorate masjids with gold or silver, or engrave them, or write on them, or do any other thing that might distract the praying person from his prayer. The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "I have not been ordered to build high and lofty masjids." [Ibn Habbaan] Ibn Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) said: "Indeed you will embellish the masjids [and decorate them] in a similar way the Christians and Jews did to their places of worship." Imam Maalik and Ahmad (may Allah have mercy upon them) also disliked the decoration of masjids. Some jurists of the Hanbali and Shaafi'ee school are of the view that it is forbidden to decorate masjids with gold or silver, and any such decoration should be removed, because it is a waste of money, and hurts the feelings of the poor.

We see that when substance vanishes people concentrate more on the forms. Decorating masjids is one such example. As Muslims have stopped behaving like Muslims, much attention is now given to beautifying their places of worship and the appearance of Islam. We give more importance to insignificant things to compensate for our leaving the commands of the religion, such as protecting Muslims and their land from the attacks of the Kuffar.

We don't see heads of Muslim countries competing to achieve closeness to Allah (subhana wa ta’ala), or to implement the beloved Shariah prescribed by Him, or to return to the simplicity of original Islam: But we see them competing to make the more beautiful masjid or taller building or wear the most expensive suit. Companions such as Abu Hurairah, Abu Ad-Dardaa, Abu Dharr Ghifari, Abu Sa'eed (radi Allahu anhum) used to say: "If you [begin to] decorate the Quran and the masjids, then await your destruction."

zvpf04.jpg

Not as big or "extravacant" though. After all Yemen does not have the same finances as UAE.

The mosque is located 2250 meters above sea level so the heat is usually never a problem - even during summer or when really crowded.
@al-Hasani Mashallah brother that is one of the most beautiful mosque i've ever seen.

every mosque is a house of Allah n we go there to stand in-front of him and only him.

may Allah bless us in this holy month of Ramadan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom