What's new

Sheikh Zayed Mosque

Both of Iran and Turkey have Islamic based architectures not less than KSA.

It's all about what the Shah did, he was too liberal and opened to the West ..

That's not true at all.

Both Shah and his father respected Iran's culture. everything that was built during their time like Azadi Tower, Tehran City Theater, Tomb of Hafez,etc.. use unique Iranian architecture.

Ever since the revolution, they don't follow any guidelines and just build whatever they feel like it.

You misunderstood me, I praise many Mosques available everywhere whatever we goes to pray, how come many Muslims still fighting or kill each other? Does beautiful Mosques help them?
Because beautiful mosques do not guarantee good muslims. It's just a show off of the money that God made them incharge of so they could spend that on deserving. They are wasting that on brick-&-cement instead.

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: I was not commanded to build high mosques. Ibn Abbas said: You will certainly adorn them as the Jews and Christians did.
Sunan Abi Dawud 448,,, In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 58

Mosque is meant to worship & measures should be taken to help us focus & minimize distractions... Such adornment can only help distract attendants more...

A'isha reported: The Apostle of Allah had a garment which had designs upon it and this distracted him in prayer. He gave it to Abu Jahm and took a plain garment in its place which is known anbijaniya.
Sahih Muslim 556 c, In-book reference:Book 5, Hadith 78, Online English ref:Book 4, Hadith 1133

They honored their founding father by building it in his name and he is buried there. Not everyone can be 'special' enough to burn symbols of their founding fathers to the ground.Great nations can honor such things.
...is it allowed to have a grave or graveyard in a mosque?:undecided:

It was narrated from Aishah that the Prophet said: "May Allah curse people who take the graves of their prophets as Masjids." (Sahih)

Sunan an-Nasa'i 2046
In-book reference : Book 21, Hadith 230
English translation : Vol. 3, Book 21, Hadith 2048

One might point out that Masjid-e-Nabvi is also is around Prophet's grave...!!! Well, prophet gave instructions it was upto followers to follow... It was later Arabs who expanded mosque to encompass the grave.

Also, it's one thing that an expanding mosque happened to surround a grave.... Mosque wasn't build "AT" the grave to begin with.

'Abd Allah b. 'Umar reported: The mosque (of the Prophet) during his lifetime was built with bricks, its roof with branches of the palm-tree, and its pillars with palm-wood, as Mujahid said: Abu Bakr did not add anything to it. But 'Umar added to it; he built as it was built during the lifetime of the Messenger of Allah with bricks and branches, and he changed its pillars. Mujahid said: Its pillars were made of wood. 'Uthman changed it altogether with increasing addition. He built its walls with decorated stone and lime. And he built the pillars with decorated stone and its roof with teak. Mujahid said: Its roof was made of teak. Abu Dawud said: Al-Qassah means lime used as mortar.

Sunan Abi Dawud 451,,, In-book reference: Book 2, Hadith 61

They honored their founding father by building it in his name and he is buried there. Not everyone can be 'special' enough to burn symbols of their founding fathers to the ground.

Great nations can honor such things.

howcom a grave of that sheikh is made in a mosque?:undecided: i never seen or heard any such thing in Pak...is it allowed to have a grave or graveyard in a mosque?:undecided:

howcom a grave of that sheikh is made in a mosque?:undecided: i never seen or heard any such thing in Pak...is it allowed to have a grave or graveyard in a mosque?:undecided:

You have never seen a grave in a mosque in Pakistan?

Have you been to Data Darbar, in Lahore? Bulley Shah's mazaar in Kasur? Baba Fareed's mazaar in Pakpattan?

All these mosques have a grave in them.

It was narrated from Aishah that the Prophet said: "May Allah curse people who take the graves of their prophets as Masjids." (Sahih)

Sunan an-Nasa'i 2046
In-book reference : Book 21, Hadith 230
English translation : Vol. 3, Book 21, Hadith 2048

There is no grave worshipping going on in SZ mosque, the mosque was pretty much built in SZ's lifetime and after he passed away he was buried there.

You have never seen a grave in a mosque in Pakistan?

Have you been to Data Darbar, in Lahore? Bulley Shah's mazaar in Kasur? Baba Fareed's mazaar in Pakpattan?

All these mosques have a grave in them.

The grave is not located inside the mosque. Have you been there because I have?

That's not true at all.

Both Shah and his father respected Iran's culture. everything that was built during their time like Azadi Tower, Tehran City Theater, Tomb of Hafez,etc.. use unique Iranian architecture.

Ever since the revolution, they don't follow any guidelines and just build whatever they feel like it.

:what:?

I thought the Shah did westernize the country? Are building architecture excluded?
BBC ON THIS DAY | 16 | 1979: Shah of Iran flees into exile

:what:?

I thought the Shah did westernize the country? Are building architecture excluded?
BBC ON THIS DAY | 16 | 1979: Shah of Iran flees into exile

He did westernize the country . Example his father banned the Hejab.

But him and his father had a lot of respect for Iranian culture, they never tried to erase Iranian culture, they just tried to get rid of Islam.:D

During Pahlavi era , Iranian culture was at it's peak in Architecture. He build so many things for Iran, all of them with unique Iranian culture and taste.

Islamic republic doesn't really care about Iranian culture. Especially Tehran. Islamic republic has destroyed Tehran, there is nothing left in Tehran except hideous and cheap looking buildings. All the history is erased.

I guess your testimony is greatly appreciated.
He did westernize the country . Example his father banned the Hejab.

But him and his father had a lot of respect for Iranian culture, they never tried to erase Iranian culture, they just tried to get rid of Islam.:D

During Pahlavi era , Iranian culture was at it's peak in Architecture. He build so many things for Iran, all of them with unique Iranian culture and taste.

Islamic republic doesn't really care about Iranian culture.

One of the best parts of this mosque is it's carpet, which is the largest in the world and it's woven in Iran. A masterpiece.
The design of the mosque also is very good. :tup:

No, Its the largest single piece Iranian carpet in the world and it was NOT woven in Iran, it was woven IN THE MOSQUE. Otherwise how would you lay this carpet of an astronomical scale?

No, Its the largest single piece Iranian carpet in the world and it was NOT woven in Iran, it was woven IN THE MOSQUE. Otherwise how would you lay this carpet of an astronomical scale?

you know they ship ships these days, they also ship planes, and don't forget that they ship space shuttles these days..

anyways, I heard that the dome was made out of Ivory, is that true?
very nice mosque!

* Simple elegant design - check
* Curved Inverted U shaped entrances and windows - check
* Lots and lots of mathematically complex shapes - check
* Beautiful minarets with golden crescent - check
* Mind boggling carpets - check
* Cordoba Mosque style interior - check
* Hawoz with fresh running water - check
* Amazing interior design and kashi kari - check
* Amazing calligraphy - check
* Fountains - Check
* Garden - Check
* Badshahi Mosque style domes - check
------------------------------------------------

This Mosque represents classic Islamic architecture.
@BLACKEAGLE - Thank you for posting this, now its on my "to-do-list".

Last edited by a moderator:

From Guinness world records official website:

The largest hand-woven carpet measures 5,630 m² (60,600.81 ft²) and was manufactured by the Iran Carpet Company (Iran). It was created for the Abu Dhabi mosque and was measured in Abu Dhabi, UAE, in 2007.

The carpet was created in 9 parts and assembled in the mosque. The carpet would have been around 6,000 square metres originally, but parts of it had to be taken away in order to fit it onto the floor in the mosque.

Largest hand-woven carpet

Back
Top Bottom