What's new

Shankaracharya Hill renamed as Takht-e-Suleiman by secular ASI

The Shankaracharya Temple (Kashmiri: शंकराचार्य मंदिर (Devanagari), شنکراچاریہ مندر(Nastaleeq)), also known as the Jyesteshwara temple or Pas-Pahar by Buddhists, is in Srinagar, Kashmir. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is on the summit of the same name at a height of 1,000 feet (300 m) above the plain and overlooks the city of Srinagar. The temple dates back to 200 BC, although the present structure probably dates back to the 9th century AD. It was visited by Adi Shankara and has ever since been associated with him; this is how the hill/temple got the name Shankaraharya. It is also regarded as sacred by Buddhists. It was originally a Buddhist temple nearly 2500 years ago; the shiv ling was placed inside by Adi Shankaracharya on his visit to Kashmir; it became a Hindu temple.:lol:(Babri case)

The hill is also referred to as Takht i Suleiman (Throne of Solomon) and the temple also called "Throne of Solomon."It is believed that king Solomon came to worship on the hill which makes the place sacred from ancient times.

According to Pandit Anand Koul (1924) the temple was originally built by "Sandiman" (unknown) who, according to Koul, reigned in Kashmir from 2629 to 2564 BC. It was repaired by King Gopaditya (426–365 BC) and by King Lalitaditya (697–734).Its roof was also repaired by Zain-ul-Abidin after an earthquake; later, its dome was repaired by Sheikh Ghulam Mohiuddin, a Sikh governor (1841–1846).

-Wikipedia

Indeed the temple was Buddhist. it was built by son of Ashoka.

sandiman was NOT unknown neither he ruled. Rather Sandiman was minister of Godpaditya whom he asked to repair the doom of the temple. his original name was suleman. sandiman name was given to him by hindus

The hill was created by Brahma. Brahma is millenia older than Allah.

still named at takht e brahma??? :P

And the Islamic lies and propaganda continues.

The Hill in ancient time was know as Jetha Larak and the temple itself gets it's name from the Hill. The temple is called Jyesteshwara temple.

It Hill was also called Gopadari parvat after the temple which according to Kalhan's Rajtrangni, was originally built in 371 BC by king Gopaditya, founder of Gopkar dynasty.

It was sacred for the Buddhists too but it was always a temple. There is no evidence of it ever being of Buddhist origin.

I am not surprised to see the secular muslims of India and pakistan rejoice in spreading secular propaganda. I still remember claims of Ram Temple in Ayodhya being of Buddhist origin. LOL.

Make it second Bethlehem and GoI will earn a lot of money.:yahoo:Somehow link this to Solomon or to the death of Jesus. You will see the immediate effects. By the way, only the name of the hill is changed, not the temple.:D

If anyone India in want to pull ASI into courts or file PIL I am ready to pay all the cost involved.

@Spring Onion; Stop trolling. If anything would have happened against Muslim place then all green kanjar would have been abusing Hindus by now without limits. It's better to shut up some times than making people nauseous with you boring posts.

Regards.

what trolling ?

Its a fact its called Suleman hill on which the temple is built.

Its also a fact that it was buddhist temple but Hindus put own idols.

whats the fuss? the temple is NOT renamed but only the doom is called takht e sulemani.

and oh there is history to it

If anyone India in want to pull ASI into courts or file PIL I am ready to pay all the cost involved.

@Spring Onion; Stop trolling. If anything would have happened against Muslim place then all green kanjar would have been abusing Hindus by now without limits. It's better to shut up some times than making people nauseous with you boring posts.

Regards.

It is pointless to ask them to stop trolling. When this news brings disgust to you, it brings joy to some. And you know who I am talking about.

Who cares its in Kashmir, how many temples have been destroyed or left to abandon in azad kashmir or across Pakistan,

Kashmiri's dont want to be reminded of any connection with hindu's

And the Islamic lies and propaganda continues.

The Hill in ancient time was know as Jetha Larak and the temple itself gets it's name from the Hill. The temple is called Jyesteshwara temple.

It Hill was also called Gopadari parvat after the temple which according to Kalhan's Rajtrangni, was originally built in 371 BC by king Gopaditya, founder of Gopkar dynasty.

It was sacred for the Buddhists too but it was always a temple. There is no evidence of it ever being of Buddhist origin.

I am not surprised to see the secular muslims of India and pakistan rejoice in spreading secular propaganda. I still remember claims of Ram Temple in Ayodhya being of Buddhist origin. LOL.

:lol: why it was sacred for buddhists? in the first place?

It is pointless to ask them to stop trolling. When this news brings disgust to you, it brings joy to some. And you know who I am talking about.

actually its you supporters of Modi who are bringing disgusting tactics to create communal riots even in occupied Kashmir.
bring it on ;) its good

Who cares its in Kashmir, how many temples have been destroyed or left to abandon in azad kashmir or across Pakistan,

Kashmiri's dont want to be reminded of any connection with hindu's

In Hindu philosophy a human being is born with 3 kinds of debts.

These debts are pitr-rna, rsi-rna, and deva-rna or debts towards one’s parents and ancestors, towards the sages/teachers, and towards the gods.

We enjoy the privilege of having this body. We have been born and we have been raised, nurtured, and nourished; therefore, we are indebted to our parents and ancestors.

We enjoy this wealth of knowledge, which is the result of the dedication of many teachers, sages and thinkers. They have made this storehouse of knowledge available to us from which we draw freely. For example, we enjoy the privilege of knowledge in the form of this text that is made available to us. We are able to study it easily, but imagine how much effort it must have taken to think and write this text. Thus, we are indebted to all the sages. That is called rsi-rnam.

Thirdly, we are enjoying all the privileges of life. In the Vedic vision, the one Lord manifests in the form of the various devatas or natural forces. Therefore, all these natural expressions are looked upon as gods or deities. A devata is a deity; fire, water, the earth, space, the air, the sun, the moon, and all other natural phenomena are looked upon as devatas. It is because of them that we enjoy our privileges. The air is provided to us and, therefore, we are breathing freely.Further, food, water, and sunlight are provided to us and the earth supports, nourishes, and nurtures us. Thus, nature is constantly taking care of us. We say that God, through nature, is constantly taking care of us. We enjoy all these privileges and are indebted to God or the various expressions of God.

Your debts to your ancestors remain unpaid.

Last edited:
threads like these are spring's favourite :D

These debts are pitr-rna, rṣi-rna, and deva-rna or debts towards one’s parents and ancestors, towards the sages/teachers, and towards the gods.

We enjoy the privilege of having this body. We have been born and we have been raised, nurtured, and nourished; therefore, we are indebted to our parents and ancestors.

We enjoy this wealth of knowledge, which is the result of the dedication of many teachers, sages and thinkers. They have made this storehouse of knowledge available to us from which we draw freely. For example, we enjoy the privilege of knowledge in the form of this text that is made available to us. We are able to study it easily, but imagine how much effort it must have taken to think and write this text. Thus, we are indebted to all the sages. That is called ṛṣi-ṛnam.

Thirdly, we are enjoying all the privileges of life. In the Vedic vision, the one Lord manifests in the form of the various devatās or natural forces. Therefore, all these natural expressions are looked upon as gods or deities. A devatā is a deity; fire, water, the earth, space, the air, the sun, the moon, and all other natural phenomena are looked upon as devatās. It is because of them that we enjoy our privileges. The air is provided to us and, therefore, we are breathing freely.Further, food, water, and sunlight are provided to us and the earth supports, nourishes, and nurtures us. Thus, nature is constantly taking care of us. We say that God, through nature, is constantly taking care of us. We enjoy all these privileges and are indebted to God or the various expressions of God.

Good for you.

now spare some time to take care of your fellow human beings in your own hinduism

its not about favourit but being student of such topics, it naturally forces one to respond specially the misconception and propaganda spread by some Indian members

:D these days am on watching some Indian movies to pick up bloopers :P

These debts are pitr-rna, rsi-rna, and deva-rna or debts towards one’s parents and ancestors, towards the sages/teachers, and towards the gods.

We enjoy this wealth of knowledge, which is the result of the dedication of many teachers, sages and thinkers. They have made this storehouse of knowledge available to us from which we draw freely. For example, we enjoy the privilege of knowledge in the form of this text that is made available to us. We are able to study it easily, but imagine how much effort it must have taken to think and write this text. Thus, we are indebted to all the sages. That is called ṛṣi-ṛnam.

Thirdly, we are enjoying all the privileges of life. In the Vedic vision, the one Lord manifests in the form of the various devatas or natural forces. Therefore, all these natural expressions are looked upon as gods or deities. A devata is a deity; fire, water, the earth, space, the air, the sun, the moon, and all other natural phenomena are looked upon as devatas. It is because of them that we enjoy our privileges. The air is provided to us and, therefore, we are breathing freely.Further, food, water, and sunlight are provided to us and the earth supports, nourishes, and nurtures us. Thus, nature is constantly taking care of us. We say that God, through nature, is constantly taking care of us. We enjoy all these privileges and are indebted to God or the various expressions of God.

Thanks,

I stopped reading after 'In Hindu Phil'

:lol: why it was sacred for buddhists? in the first place?

Because Buddhists are nothing but Hindus who follow purva mimamsa philosophy. The tantric practices in buddhists also comes from the Shakti worship from Kashmir. It is not something I expect you to understand.

Thanks,

I stopped reading after 'In Hindu Phil'

I knew you would, you just saved yourself from apostasy.

Last edited:
Because Buddhists are nothing but Hindus who follow purva mimamsa/ Uttar mimamsa philosophy. The tantric practices in buddhists also comes from the Shakti worship from Kashmir. It is not something I expect you to understand.

I knew you would, you just saved yourself from apostasy.

:)))))Buddhists were disappointed with bhrahmanic self-made insertions so howcome you even claim that they agree 100% with purva mimamsa?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom