What's new

Shankaracharya Hill renamed as Takht-e-Suleiman by secular ASI

o_OIgnorant comment, we dont have any anger, especially Indian's dont have the habit to remember past as proven by many examples and you are talking about anger. Sad...

I agree with you as far as remebering the past is concerned. You people have a habit of manipulating the past and spreading lies about the past which even the past don't recall as to have ever happened.

Good news for secular Indians.

The 2500 years old Jyesteshwara Shiva temple in Kashmir near Dal Lake and the hill on which it is located has now summarily been renamed as Takht-e-Suleiman !

Shankaracharya_temple.jpg

This was the Temple and hill on which Adi Shankaracharya in 800 AD meditated and had religious discourse and debate with the then greatest scholar of Shaivism, Pandit Abhinavgupta and defeated him thus paving way for spreading Advaita philosophy in North India. Adi Shankaracharya himself installed the Shivling in this temple. This was the place where the worship of shakti was reintroduced to India.

Kashmir was the place where Swaraswati (Sharada) is said to have resided. Here is a verse from Saraswati Stuti.

Namaste sharade devi kashmirapuravasini, tvamaham prarthaye nityam vidya-danam cha dehi me.

Its translation is "I bow to you, Goddess Sharada, the one who Resides in the Kashmir, I pray to you daily, please give me the charity of knowledge. "

Now this Hill has been renamed as Takht-e-Suleiman or "Throne of Soloman" !!

There is record of King Gopaditya (426–365 BC) repairing this temple and later King King Lalitaditya (697–734). But the plaque installed by ASI at the temple now says that the roof of the temple was constructed by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in 1644 AD :cheesy:

The irony is that Shah Jahan actually destroyed the shiv lingam inside the temple and the Shiv lingam was later replaced by the Dogra rulers of Kashmir.

One more step close to becoming a fully 'Secular' state. It gets better every year :enjoy:
This is true. In fact there is a growing demand to rename my district to Islamabad. Unofficially that is what it is called now. Only for inter state reasons, the name - Anantnag is still used.

But ASI can't name places. The State Government did. Hindus have no say anymore in Kashmir - so their voice does not count. In fact similar attempts in Kheer Bhawani was thwarted by old local sympathetic Muslims. The previous generation still has some bonds. The present generation is hardly even aware that we exist.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom