What's new

shall the burqa be banned??

shall the burqa be banned by the governments ?

• Total voters
Don't abuse the Romanians like this - The people of Romania are fine people who are misrepresented by the media !

Learn to disagree with respect !

@flamer84 - I apologize for this disparaging comment about Romanians by my compatriot !
yea give your shoulder to him to cry on

I said British people don't have good opinions of eastern Europeans especially Romanians and polish and its fact and here he is speaking on behalf of all Europe lol

if you simply disagree don't use terms like "don't quote me."
Learn to read why I said that...You have made up your mind about a set of things....So why discuss? Discussion is to "exchange" ideas not to just push your thought!

I dont use burqa but I wont take someone's rights away coz I dont use it! Nor will I ask for it to be abolished coz I dont believe in the interpretation that Mullah gives!

Living in a free country means having the freedom to wear what you choose and believe what you want, as long as women aren't being forced to wear the burqa, I see no reason to ban it.

yea give your shoulder to him to cry on

I said British people don't have good opinions of eastern Europeans especially Romanians and polish and its fact and here he is speaking on behalf of all Europe lol
Well everyone has a say...lets not take it on personal level....chill there bro! I know what you said but this thread is not about that but about the topic at hand:

Should the burqa be banned?

Learn to read why I said that...You have made up your mind about a set of things....So why discuss? Discussion is to "exchange" ideas not to just push your thought!

I dont use burqa but I wont take someone's rights away coz I dont use it! Nor will I ask for it to be abolished coz I dont believe in the interpretation that Mullah gives!

For the last time, this has nothing to do with an individual rights, it has to do with security and we have already had legislation dealing with masking oneself in protests already.
3 things to know about the proposed mask law - Canada - CBC News

This is the first step but however the niqab problem is more deeper than simply religion, it has to do with failed integration and it's simple as that.
BBC News - State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron

The burqa should be banned, especially in the west. That is my personal opinion. Yes women have the freedom to chose what to wear but the burqa is so archaic that it really serves no purpose in the modern world.

If freedom for women to keep themselves covered is taken away , then equally freedom to uncover should also be taken away

This issue is specifically about Niqab and it's detriment to society. Nobody is denying that we have not made mistakes and like @Armstrong said that we should remain neutral in all international conflicts and most western countries are. International politics are run based on interest and the sooner you accept this, the better it will be for our constructive discussion. Our interest are right now aligned with Israel as far as trades are concern but it does not mean we support their actions especially their disproportionate response in gaza.
What do you mean by we? are you referring to UK/USA/Canada?
American political interest don't let it stop Isreali aggression and they even defend and protect Israel and provide it more aid?
is it right?

For the last time, this has nothing to do with an individual rights, it has to do with security and we have already had legislation dealing with masking oneself in protests already.
1) individual rights? Yet you are taking away the rights of freedom to dress!

2) security has been covered by the very lady wearing it (as compared to men who dont wear it but make the laws)

3) that article is for a riot so all burqa women are in riots always? Is that all they can be in? Do they not have a right to choose in the very country that claims democracy?

David Cameroon also failed to sort the London riots.....and number of major issues...Has he ever worn the burqa or even talked to one wearing one to ask her why she does?

What do you mean by we? are you referring to UK/USA/Canada?
American political interest don't let it stop Isreali aggression and they even defend and protect Israel and provide it more aid?
is it right?
mon ami, you are referring to the americanne stance on the israel issue and I agree with you however you simply cannot do anything to Israel. We can condemn their action but again we are getting carried away from the essence of discussion which has to do with niqab and the pertinence to it in the western world and how it affects our muslim community.

From the poll I saw Pakistanis saying no...Maybe Western people dont know how it feels to have minimal rights and hence dont see what is wrong with taking certain rights away or controlling it!

Also the type of people who wear the burqa at least in Canada are the type who reap the benefits of western society but do not want to contribute. They keep themselves and their children shut. Their children go to school in religious garment as well. They never do integrate into the society.

Should the burqa be banned?
Come on. where i insulted him? I said british dont give any ....to opinions of Romanian so he should stop speaking on behalf of all Europe especially UK and what was the point for him to bring killing of UK soldier in topic of burqa

1) individual rights? Yet you are taking away the rights of freedom to dress!

2) security has been covered by the very lady wearing it (as compared to men who dont wear it but make the laws)

3) that article is for a riot so all burqa women are in riots always? Is that all they can be in? Do they not have a right to choose in the very country that claims democracy?

David Cameroon also failed to sort the London riots.....and number of major issues...Has he ever worn the burqa or even talked to one wearing one to ask her why she does?
I know exactly the type of arguement your giving and I am no bleeding heart. Anyways the laws have passed and soon they will apply across canada including no niqab in schools so no one can use vieling or other tools to commit heinous acts on individuals. However good point and you have a fair point but I will support my country 's stance on this.

mon ami, you are referring to the americanne stance on the israel issue and I agree with you however you simply cannot do anything to Israel. We can condemn their action but again we are getting carried away from the essence of discussion which has to do with niqab and the pertinence to it in the western world and how it affects our muslim community.

My response was for flamer84 and he was not talking about burqa and tahst why my response was not about burqa

forget it..stick to burqa for now

Back
Top Bottom